PDA

View Full Version : Me and my wife got bikes!

slowinmidga
06-16-2008, 09:02 PM
Like it says my wife and I bought bikes on Saturday. Nothing to special. We both have never ridden before but we wanted bikes. I got a 06 ninja 650r and she got a 06 Suzuki gs500f. We are still learning but we are catching on. Here are a couple of pics..........more to come soon

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h181/b16adx/DSC00336.jpg

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h181/b16adx/DSC00337.jpg

Tech5
06-16-2008, 09:29 PM
Great choice of bikes....now we need to ride

LordMDP
06-16-2008, 09:30 PM
Awesome!

COngrats!

SlowsterCivy
06-16-2008, 10:14 PM
Congrats! How cute, married couple got some bikes together. :)

b16EG-HaTcH
06-17-2008, 01:18 AM
Congrats. my friend has a Ninja like yours. ive ridden it and it is very comfortable compared to my CBR.

slowinmidga
06-17-2008, 04:24 PM
Well shes having trouble staying on the bike b.c shes not flat footed when she stops so we are going to lower it this weekend. This bike is perfect for dropping. Shes tipped over 3 times already and the only thing that gets damaged is a $20.00 plastic cover that says suzuki lol

ueyedgr8tness
06-17-2008, 05:59 PM
I like the 650 color scheme...

Turbo Terrance
06-17-2008, 07:36 PM
I like the 650 color scheme...

Yessir.... thats the bike im gettin.. im goin for the lime green.:yes:

90_ACCORD
06-17-2008, 07:39 PM
im wanting a 650R so bad
thats awesome your wife rides to
i cant even get my girlfriend to consider anything bout a bike

90_ACCORD
06-17-2008, 07:40 PM
oh also i hope you have fun with those
but ride safe man
and make sure ur wife stays safe to

gottraction?
06-18-2008, 12:19 AM
nice first bikes for the both of u. Now both of you get enrolled in the msf course as of yesterday!!! if you dont have all the proper gear dont even bother to ride! after gear u can start some practice up until the msf course. you may want to see if you can shave her seat also. lowering a bike will mess up its handling like no other!

stephen
06-18-2008, 12:59 AM
Well shes having trouble staying on the bike b.c shes not flat footed when she stops so we are going to lower it this weekend. This bike is perfect for dropping. Shes tipped over 3 times already and the only thing that gets damaged is a $20.00 plastic cover that says suzuki lol

i'm a pretty short dude, and can't stand flat footed on my bike either but i learned a little trick for the short folks. when i'm stopped, i'll keep one foot flat on the ground, and the other on the peg. it's probably best to have the brake foot on the ground, that way you can be ready to shift (if you like to sit in neutral at stop lights).

another beginner tip is to not keep all of your fingers on the front brake lever; just use 2 fingers (index and middle). i learned this the hard way. i was put into a panic situation, and grabbed a fist full of front brake. went from sitting on the bike, to sitting in the intersection.

other than that, enjoy your new toys!

Tarzanman
06-18-2008, 08:34 AM

That 'plastic cover' is likely the motor case cover (or maybe the magneto, depending on which side it got tipped on).

A couple of points:

1. Flat-footing a bike is very overrated. If she can put both feet on the ground (toes, even) then she is in good shape. I would avoid lowering the bike

2. Dropped the bike 3 times already? It sounds like you are both new riders without any training. I suggest that both of you enroll in a beginner's motorcycle course ASAP. If you don't have any responsible, experienced (as in YEARS of experience) to show you the ropes (and ride with you through your first ~500-1000 miles) then YOU NEED TRAINING.

Make no mistake.... riding a bike is dangerous. Bikes account for 2 percent of vehichles on the road and 10% of accidents (if you do the math, you will figure out that bikes are 5x as likely to be involved in an accident as a car).

Get trained asap!

GIXXERDK
06-18-2008, 12:25 PM
Uh lol, I'm happy for you guys but you guys should have taken a class first. I've seen people decide its not for them and leave.