PDA

View Full Version : Next autocross event?

SilviaK93
08-22-2005, 03:21 PM
When and where is the next event? I did a autocross track at Road Atlanta a few months back and it was a blast. I would definately like to get into it, and improve my skills in it.

HiPSI
08-22-2005, 04:35 PM
www.atl-scca.org

Trey
08-23-2005, 05:42 PM
Actually the official SCCA Solo II Atlanta site is here now:

http://soloatlanta.com

Here is the next event:

http://www.soloatlanta.com/scca_reg/view_event.py?id=31

Trey
08-24-2005, 02:24 PM
How about taking it to the track at Road Atlanta. No cones to get in your way!! :D I just signed up.

http://www.peachtreebmwcca.org/ptDE_default.asp

SilviaK93
08-24-2005, 05:29 PM
How about taking it to the track at Road Atlanta. No cones to get in your way!! :D I just signed up.

http://www.peachtreebmwcca.org/ptDE_default.asp

Student Fee: $375.00 for BMW CCA members
$415.00 for non-members
:lmfao::lmfao:

$415 bucks to race at RA where the turns are so tight if you spin off your going to tear up your car.........NO WAY! I will put my car on Robling, and I plan on doing some at some point. Was hoping this year but money is tight so I dont think it will happen. I would rather play with the cones for $30 or so and have almost as much fun.;) Dont get me wrong RA is an awesome track but for that dollar and me being an inexperienced track person it would not be in my best interest.

SilviaK93
08-24-2005, 05:31 PM
Thanks for all the info though Trey and Erin. :D

tony
08-24-2005, 06:11 PM
Some of the local supra owners are renting out a track in october and they're trying to fill up the spots, I think its $99 to participate.

Trey
08-24-2005, 07:17 PM
Student Fee: $375.00 for BMW CCA members
$415.00 for non-members
:lmfao::lmfao:

$415 bucks to race at RA where the turns are so tight if you spin off your going to tear up your car.........NO WAY! I will put my car on Robling, and I plan on doing some at some point. Was hoping this year but money is tight so I dont think it will happen. I would rather play with the cones for $30 or so and have almost as much fun.;) Dont get me wrong RA is an awesome track but for that dollar and me being an inexperienced track person it would not be in my best interest.

That's why they call it a school. ;) You get grouped with the other n00bs and get a pace car in front so you can't got 500 mph. They take care of you.

RA was my first four track events, it's a great place for a noob to learn how to drive on a road course. As long as you respect the track, she will respect you.

Also, RA charges $600 for two days there with less class room time and no in car instructors. The BMWCCA $415 2-day school is a deal.

Trey
08-24-2005, 07:18 PM
Some of the local supra owners are renting out a track in october and they're trying to fill up the spots, I think its $99 to participate.

Sounds like Lil Talladega. I see cars get totalled there from time to time. No track is "safe". ;)

Oh and you're welcome Marshall.

SilviaK93
08-25-2005, 09:49 AM

track?

SilviaK93
08-25-2005, 09:51 AM
[QUOTE=Trey]As long as you respect the track, she will respect you.[QUOTE]

The best way to put it by far.....:goodjob:

eViLMunkey
08-27-2005, 01:02 PM
yeah it's called don't push your car past its limits on that track or you will be sliding off the track... just do what you know your car can do (and that is worded strangely)

tony
08-27-2005, 01:13 PM
ATTENTION: WE MUST HAVE 20 PEOPLE PRE-PAID FOR THE ROAD RACE EVENT BEFORE OCTOBER 1 FOR IT TO TAKE PLACE! ANY OTHER CAR MODELS ARE WELCOME TO JOIN UNTIL WE HAVE 20 PRE-PAID SPOTS TAKEN, BUT AFTER THAT ONLY SUPRAS WILL BE ALLOWED TO ENTER. IT'S ONLY $99 FOR A FULL DAY OF ROAD RACING!! Register here: www.SupraShootout.com/register.php

Event Info:
Supra Shootout - Atlanta 2005 (Nationwide competition/gathering for all generations of Supras, specifically 1993-98 models)
Event info - www.SupraShootout.com
Register for events here: www.SupraShootout.com/register.php
Join or start a caravan of Supras coming from your area to the show here: http://www.speedforsale.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1

Dates:
Events start by meeting at the hotel on Friday, October 28 and go through Sunday afternoon, October 30. Some of us will arrive at the hotel the night of Thursday, October 27 to prepare.

Sponsors:
Speed For Sale.com (www.SpeedForSale.com)
Anderson Audio & Performance aka 'AAP' (www.Anderson-Audio.com)
MVP Motorsports (www.MVPmotorsports.com)
Champion Toyota/Jeff Watson (www.TRDperformance.com - formerly Jay Marks Toyota)

Hotel Location:
-PLEASE NOTE, IF WE GET 20 PEOPLE PRE-PAID FOR THE ROAD RACING EVENT ($99/person) BEFORE OCTOBER 1 AND THE EVENT TAKES PLACE, WE WILL BE STAYING AT A DIFFERENT HOTEL SATURDAY NIGHT THAT IS CLOSE TO THE TRACK!!! PLEASE CHECK WWW.SupraShootout.COM AFTER OCTOBER 5 FOR MAJOR EVENT UPDATES ON THE ROAD RACING SITUATION AND SATURDAY'S HOTEL IF WE DO INDEED ROAD RACE!
-Hilton Garden Inn, 2040 Sugarloaf Cir, Duluth, GA 30097 (northeast Atlanta)
-MapQuest.com directions can be viewed BY CLICKING HERE
-Reserve your room for $69/night by calling 770-495-7600 and saying you are with the 'Supra Shootout' group October 28-30.
-You have a choice of one king size bed or two double beds in your room.
-This hotel is new and has very nice rooms (each with high speed internet,) 24/7 food/drink area, FREE van/shuttle service within 5 miles of the hotel, a huge section of the parking lot roped off for us along with additional parking on the other side of the hotel, car/race trailer accommodations, and is located directly beside the interstate's on-ramp with no near-by residences to disturb. There is also a Carrabba's and Chick-Fil-A directly beside the hotel, which is where we usually eat breakfast and dinner.

tony
08-27-2005, 01:21 PM
more info.. only 7 supra's pre registered so they're looking for all makes and models

Schedule:
**TO PARTICIPATE IN ROAD RACING YOU MUST PRE-REGISTER TO BE GUARANTEED A SPOT! You can reserve your spot at the hotel, road course, drag strip, dyno, or show-n-shine by going here--> (www.SupraShootout.com/register.php).**

Friday, October 28 (Hotel check-in, DYNO and SHOW-N-SHINE at AAP):
-Friday will consist of checking-in to the hotel and getting your 'Welcome Pack' that contains raffle tickets, maps, an itinerary, and a few other items from the event sponsors. Then, drive just a few miles down the road to Anderson Audio & Performance for the 'Show-N-Shine' and 'Dyno' events. The 'Show-N-Shine' event is FREE, and the 'Dyno' event is only $29 for 3 power pulls, so we encourage EVERYONE who drives a Supra to the event to participate even if you aren't concerned with winning because you will be entered in a raffle for a parts/cash prize! Events will start around 2:00pm while people start arriving, and will continue until about 9:00pm. People will 'Dyno' and be judged for the 'Show-N-Shine' after they arrive and check in at the 'Supra Shootout booth' set up outside AAP. We'll then caravan back to the hotel for a group dinner at Carrabba's next door to the hotel (walking distance) around 10:00 PM.

Saturday, October 29 (1/4 mile drag strip):
-Saturday morning at 9:00am we will be caravaning west just over the state line to Alabama International 1/4-mile Dragway (www.AlabamaInternationalDragway.com). After a brief cool-down and test passes, racing will start at 1:00pm. You can race between rounds as much as you like! It is only $15 to race OR watch, so everyone is encouraged to get out on the track an have fun while you are there instead of just watching! When you check-in at the strip you'll be instructed to check-in at the 'Supra Shootout booth' where you will be given a number on your windshield, and when your group/round is ready to race we'll announce your number over the intercom. This year's event will be very organized compared to last year. Also, this track is MUCH more lax on their rules because they are not a NHRA sanctioned track, so there is no tech inspection! This is good news for some of you with high end street cars. After this event is over, we'll hand out awards at the track, and the event will be over around 6:00pm or so.
PLEASE NOTE, IF THE ROAD RACING EVENT TAKES PLACE, WE WILL BE STAYING AT A DIFFERENT HOTEL SATURDAY NIGHT CLOSE TO THE TRACK!!! Please check the www.SupraShootout.com for hotel updates! If the road racing does NOT take place, we'll caravan back to the hotel near AAP, and have a group dinner again at Carrabba's next to the hotel around 10:00pm.

Sunday, October 30 (Road Racing):
-We will check out of the hotel around 9:00am in the morning and caravan to Talladega Grand Prix Raceway (www.tgprace.com) for a day of road racing for only $99 per person! For this event to happen, we have to have about 20 people registered and paid for before October 1, so please register now if you want to road race! If we do not get enough people to rent the track, your money will be refunded. If we DO get enough people to race by Oct.1, the payment is non-refundable. We will have the track rented to ONLY our group for the day, and there are NO walls around the track so this is great for beginners. We'll have 2 or 3 groups depending on the number of entrants, which will be divided according to driver skill (A and B class.) Barry Hair (SCCA regional executive officer) and some of the Atlanta veteran road racers will act as instructors for those of you who have never road raced, and may offer to ride along to teach you the basics of track etiquette, etc. I doubt you'll find road racing anywhere this cheap. Road Atlanta is several hundred dollars and that would be racing with others, not privately rented. We will have a timed event integrated into the day, and awards will be given accordingly (details to come.)

--------

Shootout classes/prizes:
-This year we are once again focusing on '93-98 Supras, as we don't want to spread ourselves too thin. In coming years, we'll have both better awards AND more classes for MK1-MK3's. Sorry to do this, but I've learned that there is much better success specializing in a niche.
-Just like last year, there is a 'points' system where participants earn a certain amount of points depending on what position they place compared to other Supras in their class in any given event (drag/dyno/show-n-shine.)
Every Supra that runs at the drag strip, dynos, or competes in the show-n-shine will automatically be entered in the Shootout/points race for free.

Classes for participants:
-MK1-MK3 collective class (ALL '79-'92 Supras)
-Non-turbo
-Stock twin turbos (no nitrous)
-Power-Adder (1 of the following: Upgraded turbo(s), nitrous, aftermarket transmission [TH400, etc])
-Unlimited (2 or more of the following: Upgraded turbo(s), nitrous, aftermarket transmission [TH400, etc)...MUST retain factory type independant rear suspension, no solid axle cars. *Also, please note the AAP drag Supra will race 'exhibition' to keep this class competitive, and will not be in this class UNLESS there is another obvious low-mid 8 second car there.

Awards/prizes:
-3 random people staying at the hotel AND 3 random people participating in ALL FOUR '93-98 events get their choice of several MKIV or universal parts from Speed For Sale LLC OR a cash prize (specific details coming soon...)
-The winner of each event in each class gets an engraved trophy that are much larger/nicer than last year's trophies (courtesy of Anderson-Audio.com)
-The top points winner in each class wins a gift certificate from Jeff Watson at Champion Toyota/www.TRDperformance.com, along with an 'Best in class' engraved trophy (courtesy of AAP.) Unlimited class does not have a prize this year other than bragging rights and any side bets that are placed. Next year we hope to have a nice prize for the winner of the Unlimited class.

-------

Major notes:
-www.SupraShootout.com is the main website for this event. Here, you will find more information including who's coming/participating, pictures, and other things that we couldn't fit here. Be sure to go there and SIGN-UP if you are coming to this event and bringing your Supra, even if you don't enter an event. This allows us to keep track of who is participating in what event(s), lets you find others in your area who are attending so you can caravan together driving here, etc.
-HI FIVE Productions will be recording with 3 cameras at these events to compile a DVD for us (if we get enough pre-orders, info coming soon.)
-Big thanks to Phil Panas and Barry Hair for helping organize the road racing event and instructors!

In Closing:
If anyone has any suggestions, please post them up or contact me via AOL instant messenger (JeremyJBlackwell), eMail ([email protected]), or phone (770-777-4774.) Register here: www.SupraShootout.com/register.php
I look forward to meeting everyone and seeing some new Supras!