PDA

View Full Version : Misc 3rd Top Gear America host announced: Drivers a Camry Hybrid, anyone else worried?

EJ25RUN
06-16-2008, 01:53 PM
http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2008/06/topgearusahosts.jpg

Autoblog writes....

Top Gear has just officially announced who will be hosting the U.S. version of the popular car show born in the UK and now officially scheduled to appear on NBC sometime this fall, and the winners are... (drum roll, please): Adam Carolla, Tanner Foust and Eric Stromer. Everyone knows Adam Carolla, of course, having watched him hit the big time hosting The Man Show with Jimmy Kimmel. He now hosts his own nationally-syndicated radio show called "The Adam Carolla Show". Tanner Foust brings some actual professional driving cred to the show with a resume that includes stunt driving in "The Bourne Ultimatum," "The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift" and "The Dukes of Hazard". He's also a winning rally driver, has medaled in the 2007 X-Games and hosted "Supercars Exposed" on the SPEED Channel. Eric Stomer was the last to be cast and when you see him, you'll probably say "I know that guy." He's hosted an HGTV show called "Over Your Head", was a former soap-opera actor and spent a lot of time in construction (and on construction-related TV shows). Guess we'll pick him to win the amphibious vehicle challenges. We surmise that producers may have picked Stromer because he's a hunk of man meat, but also because he can bring in a big female audience from his time spent on HGTV.

The press release after the jump also reveals what each host drives, and as you would imagine, Carolla (who will now be referred to as Jezza Jr.) sports a garage full of Lamborghinis, Maseratis, two Ferraris and an Audi S4. Foust makes do with a simple, tricked out BMW M3. Stromer... a Camry Hybrid. Something tells us Stromer better come equipped with a thick skin. So what do you think? Does Top Gear USA now appear better suited for success or does the show have Bucket of Fail written all over it?

My Opinion on this,

With the main reason for bringing Stomer on the show being a needed female audience, i am kinda reminded of Richard Hammond. But Hammond is a petrol head first and an avid off roaded. He is also a Morgan freak so his car taste is definite. But a Hybrid guy? That's just asking to be the shows b!tch.

Alan®
06-16-2008, 01:59 PM
Strommer I think fills the captian slow persona that is almost much needed on a show like this.

EJ25RUN
06-16-2008, 02:05 PM
Strommer I think fills the captian slow persona that is almost much needed on a show like this.

But we know for a fact that James is a car enthusiast and a pilot. He is a motor head 100%.

My opinion of hybrid owners is environmentalists that believed the propaganda lies being feed to them.

I sold cars at Toyota and i remember the reasons people were interested in hybrids and most of them were laughable.

BKgen®
06-16-2008, 02:28 PM
I'm not sold at all yet. I've got very low expectations for any great show that America takes from the UK or other countries and tries to replicate. Being a huge fan of the original, I hate the idea. That whole "Jezza jr." thing pissed me off. And I don't imagine Jezza, Richard, and James being happy about this bullsh*t...

I might be more supportive of the show if it was coming to Speed instead of NBC. I mean come on... NBC is the same network that brought us "My dad is better than your dad" and the Knight rider remake.

On_Her_Face
06-16-2008, 02:31 PM
clarkson > all

EJ25RUN
06-16-2008, 02:34 PM
yeah Jezza is a genius.

Adam Corolla is annoying.

Don't ever compare them.

OneSlow5pt0
06-16-2008, 02:35 PM
yea,this will end badly.......now if it was like Speed's Test drive hosts...it would be lot better,u no....real drivers

BKgen®
06-16-2008, 02:38 PM
yea,this will end badly.......now if it was like Speed's Test drive hosts...it would be lot better,u no....real drivers

Well, Foust is a real driver.... but he's the only one.

This stromer guy obviously ISN'T. As for carolla... having a garage full of exotics doesn't make you a good driver or enthusiast. It means you have money. Wupideedoo.

OneSlow5pt0
06-16-2008, 02:42 PM
Well, Foust is a real driver.... but he's the only one.

This stromer guy obviously ISN'T. As for carolla... having a garage full of exotics doesn't make you a good driver or enthusiast. It means you have money. Wupideedoo.

yea foust,is....i ment the others

but i agree leave it to the europeans

BKgen®
06-16-2008, 02:45 PM
yea foust,is....i ment the others

but i agree leave it to the europeans

Exactly. They've got F1.

America has.... nascar. :doh:

(we've also got ALMS, but you know what i'm getting at here....)

Hamhands
06-16-2008, 02:56 PM
I doubt this is going to be good...... UK TOP GEAR FTMFW!!!!!!!!

EJ25RUN
06-16-2008, 02:58 PM
Exactly. They've got F1.

America has.... nascar. :doh:

(we've also got ALMS, but you know what i'm getting at here....)

Come on man, you can do better than compare F1 to Nascar.

I mean at least cart and irl merged before cart folded.

Hamhands
06-16-2008, 02:58 PM
HE WAS A SOAP OPERA ACTOR????? WTF WERE THEY THINKING??????

EJ25RUN
06-16-2008, 02:59 PM
HE WAS A SOAP OPERA ACTOR????? WTF WERE THEY THINKING??????

typing with capitals makes you look like an idiot. :2cents:

OneSlow5pt0
06-16-2008, 03:01 PM
i just wonder if they will do really rare and different cars like TG did..........or are they gonna be talking bout how awesome the mugen civic is

BKgen®
06-16-2008, 03:04 PM
Come on man, you can do better than compare F1 to Nascar.

I mean at least cart and irl merged before cart folded.

lol sorry man, but i'm comparing extremes, considering this is going to be extremely stupid :lmao:

Ran
06-16-2008, 04:55 PM
As for carolla... having a garage full of exotics doesn't make you a good driver or enthusiast. It means you have money. Wupideedoo.Carolla is an avid road course driver and car enthusiast. Despite his "Man Show" reputation, he's actually just as much of a car guy as the rest of us. Being able to take the technical aspects and discuss them on an "everyday joe" level is something that will be necessary for this show to succeed in the US.

I'll still give this show a chance. It might not be as bad as you all think it will be. Give it a few episodes before passing judgement.

Chuckster
06-16-2008, 09:12 PM
Oh gawd, they are gonn aruin it. STUPID, STUPID, STUPID. Glad I have BBC.

thepolecat
06-16-2008, 09:21 PM
Just leave it alone- it will be butchered and a failure.

and btw- Capt. Slow, I think, has more car knowledge than either Clarkson or Hammond.

EJ25RUN
06-17-2008, 01:40 AM
Oh gawd, they are gonn aruin it. STUPID, STUPID, STUPID. Glad I have BBC.

you mean bbc america right?

or bbc2?

Alan®
06-17-2008, 01:16 PM
yea i got bbc america so im waiting for sunday