PDA

View Full Version : Oil Was Up $5 today just under $140 A Barrell

Brett
06-16-2008, 08:45 AM
Damn this morning when the market opened it jumped $5 a barrell just under $140. The market will keep an eye on the meeting set for Sunday between the Saudi's (Who are going to increase output to try and help the market) and OPEC and other oil producing nations. The Sqaudis are trying to make a case saying the world demand will be weaker and they will loose money in the long run if prices dont come down.

Sammich
06-16-2008, 08:46 AM
THATS BS

Brett
06-16-2008, 08:47 AM
They are saying if the meeting this Sunday doesnt pan out, $150 a barrell will be here VERY quick

Sammich
06-16-2008, 08:49 AM
thats a pose

Reaper
06-16-2008, 08:52 AM
I wish they would just tap our fukking oil tables in Alaska and South Dakota...**** would be SO much cheaper than it is today...if good ole' Bill Clinton hadn't veto'd the bill that would have opened the Alaska oil reserve...about a decade ago, and it'd be up and running now..Not saying that prices wouldn't still be high due to several fukk ups in our current Presidency but regardless...it SHOULD be lower.

BobbyFresco
06-16-2008, 09:14 AM
I wish they would just tap our fukking oil tables in Alaska and South Dakota...**** would be SO much cheaper than it is today...if good ole' Bill Clinton hadn't veto'd the bill that would have opened the Alaska oil reserve...about a decade ago, and it'd be up and running now..Not saying that prices wouldn't still be high due to several fukk ups in our current Presidency but regardless...it SHOULD be lower.

Even if that had been the case(drilling domestically for oil), we still would not benefit because the oil would have been sold to other countries and not used here..

BKgen®
06-16-2008, 09:15 AM
i need a scooter.

Reaper
06-16-2008, 09:23 AM
Even if that had been the case(drilling domestically for oil), we still would not benefit because the oil would have been sold to other countries and not used here..

I'm about to search for the bill..Because it was specifically for domestic distribution, otherwise I wouldn't have even brought it up.

ironchef
06-16-2008, 09:29 AM
Why would it have to be sold to other countries?

Hopefully this pending meet will put all the "the earth has no more oil" theorists in their place. They're going to raise production by about 200-300,000 barrels/day. Thats a minimum of 73,000,000 more barrels a year. Yet the Earth is going to run out soon, yea right.

90_ACCORD
06-16-2008, 09:31 AM
i need a scooter.

X2

ShooterMcGavin
06-16-2008, 09:37 AM
speculators ftl

Sport1.3
06-16-2008, 09:42 AM
i need a scooter.

**** that, i'm buying a bicycle, and camping in my work parking lot at night

Crazy Asian
06-16-2008, 09:46 AM
Ill join you

Vteckidd
06-16-2008, 09:46 AM
we had a discussoion about this this weekend.

If gas goes to $5 a gallon, which it looks like it will, if the average household uses 30 gallons a week(thats actually alot higher tehy say per capita is around 10 gallons a week per person, so figure a 2 parent working family its 20 gallons a week, but humor me). If gas was NORMALLY $3 a gallon, thats an increase of $240 month at the new rate. Now thats alot, but if $240 is going to break you in half, you have other problems going on.

THe people prob most affected by this are college kids, high school kids, or sub $25,000 a year people with families that commute more than 30 miles per day to work.

The rest of us, its a simple slight increase or expense.

When will it get to the point $50,000 a year people notice it? probably $10 a gallon will be the point that we start to say OH SHI T an its affecting the middle to upper middle class.

The rich, well, it prob wil never affect them

Reaper
06-16-2008, 09:52 AM
speculators ftl

werd

ironchef
06-16-2008, 11:08 AM

If gas goes to $5 a gallon, which it looks like it will, if the average household uses 30 gallons a week(thats actually alot higher tehy say per capita is around 10 gallons a week per person, so figure a 2 parent working family its 20 gallons a week, but humor me). If gas was NORMALLY $3 a gallon, thats an increase of $240 month at the new rate. Now thats alot, but if $240 is going to break you in half, you have other problems going on.

THe people prob most affected by this are college kids, high school kids, or sub $25,000 a year people with families that commute more than 30 miles per day to work.

When will it get to the point $50,000 a year people notice it? probably $10 a gallon will be the point that we start to say OH SHI T an its affecting the middle to upper middle class.

The rich, well, it prob wil never affect themYou're not factoring in other rising costs though. Sure you might have an extra outlay of $240 per month for gas. But, what about rising food costs? Rising travel costs? etc Everything would go up as a result of oil.

toxxxic
06-16-2008, 11:14 AM
yeah. its not the US that is taking up most of the oil. It's china & huge countries like that.

but i thought we got most of our oil from canada?

Mr. Clean
06-16-2008, 11:19 AM
You're not factoring in other rising costs though. Sure you might have an extra outlay of $240 per month for gas. But, what about rising food costs? Rising travel costs? etc Everything would go up as a result of oil.

touche!... yeah i've calculated how much more i would be spending in gas a month if gas gets to $5 and it really isn't going to hurt that much at the pump... its when EVERY other mother ****ing thing i try to buy is skyrocketing that will affect me... to be honest, i don't even look at the pump when i go fill up... i just fill up...

Reaper
06-16-2008, 11:24 AM
yeah. its not the US that is taking up most of the oil. It's china & huge countries like that.

but i thought we got most of our oil from canada?

some...but we also get it from Saudi Arabia I believe:thinking:

Brett
06-16-2008, 11:47 AM

$240 is alot for many people to spend EXTRA each month, then add food prices, etc that are starting to sky rocket as well and you will see a MUCH larger amount of extra spending over that $240 figure you have. A gallon of milk is now almost $6!!! All food is skyrocketing and that will affect many middle class people, Thats basic math.

Kevykev
06-16-2008, 12:20 PM
Yo Brett, somehow I feel as if you have something to do with the increase.

F you and F what you stand for!

Kevykev
06-16-2008, 12:22 PM

It will NOT affect them at all/

It will primarily affect the lower - middle class.

Some middle class families are slowly moving down the income hierarchy.

T.S.
06-16-2008, 12:33 PM
I understand what Mr. KIDD is saying but it is effecting middle class people as we sit here and run our mouths. For instance me and my girl. Were middle class. We both make pretty good money. But she drives 82 miles back and forth a day to work. That means she fills up 2 times a week. As the gas prices rise your not counting everything else that is rising as well. (Actually were lucky enough that Im going to start biking to work b/c were building a new plant that is 6 miles from the house. So im actually going to park the Audi and ride a bike to work. :goodjob: ) But if you going to the grocery store look at the Produce or the Vegetable section and tell me that we arent seeing a huge change in prices. It just all around sucks. When we spend like 600-700$ on gas for 2 people. :(

Brett
06-16-2008, 12:44 PM
Thats what he isnt taking into account, he just sees a average $240 in gas, But that doesnt factor higher food, Energy bills, etc... It will affect many middle class, not as he says "Just ones with problems"

.blank cd
06-16-2008, 01:18 PM
What I really dont understand is why gasoline is going up w/ crude oil prices, but motor oils stay the same?? whats up with that?

redrumracer
06-16-2008, 01:31 PM
What I really dont understand is why gasoline is going up w/ crude oil prices, but motor oils stay the same?? whats up with that?
its a conspiracy all motor oil is actually recycled, they just dont want you to know :ninja: :ninja:

.blank cd
06-16-2008, 01:33 PM
well fuq, if someone can recycle my gas to make it cheaper then lets get the ball rolling

Brett
06-16-2008, 01:43 PM
Its the way gas is refined, etc...

.blank cd
06-16-2008, 01:47 PM
Its the way gas is refined, etc...I know that might have a little something to do with it, but crude is still crude. Its been about 2.50 a quart since i can remember, and all cars have to have an oil change.

DieselNuts
06-16-2008, 01:53 PM
IM JUST GONNA BUY A DIESEL AND MAKE MY OWN FUEL OUT OF VEGETABLE OIL DAMNIT...

MoFo
06-16-2008, 02:01 PM
well fuq, if someone can recycle my gas to make it cheaper then lets get the ball rolling
lol i hope you were being sarcastic. there is no way to recycle gasoline dude, especially when you're pumpin it into your car.

Alan®
06-16-2008, 02:04 PM
lol i hope you were being sarcastic. there is no way to recycle gasoline dude, especially when you're pumpin it into your car.
if you thought even for a second he wasnt being sarcastic then :screwy:

.blank cd
06-16-2008, 02:06 PM
:lmfao:

MoFo
06-16-2008, 02:14 PM
if you thought even for a second he wasnt being sarcastic then :screwy:
well sorry but sarcasm isn't something that you can automatically tell over the internet. i know he wasn't being serious, thats why i put the "laugh out loud" in the beginning of my post. guess im going to go kill myself now(look, im being sarcastic, lol kool huh), if thats ok with you... tool.

Alan®
06-16-2008, 04:11 PM
:blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: if thats ok with you... tool.
:screwy: :lmfao: :lmfao:

Vteckidd
06-16-2008, 04:41 PM
Thats what he isnt taking into account, he just sees a average $240 in gas, But that doesnt factor higher food, Energy bills, etc... It will affect many middle class, not as he says "Just ones with problems"

While i agree that my previous statement didnt account for other things, but me personally i have not seen an increase in our other consumer goods.

Milk still costs the same
Meats are the same
Ice cream the same
Produce, well ill be honest i havent watched it so i dont know if its up or down.

I have notice my shipping prices have gone up. Used to cost me $37 for 1 seat to cali, its now $46.74

I dont think we will see a drastic rise in other consumer goods until we hit the $7-8 a gallon mark.

for the most part i have only seen an increase in gas, nothing else.

Anyone else seen an increase that i havent seen?

Vteckidd
06-16-2008, 04:48 PM
$240 is alot for many people to spend EXTRA each month, then add food prices, etc that are starting to sky rocket as well and you will see a MUCH larger amount of extra spending over that $240 figure you have. A gallon of milk is now almost $6!!! All food is skyrocketing and that will affect many middle class people, Thats basic math.

where are you shopping LOL $6?! that must be that "ganja milk",

I just got back from publix it was $4 for Skim which IIRC thats about what is been the last few months.

Again im not saying its NOT affecting people, im saying its not as widespread as most people think. $240 extra is alot of money, but what i mean is it shouldnt be BREAKING people. It the scheme of things, $240 a month is peanuts

Brett
06-16-2008, 04:57 PM
We havent seen $2.99 a gallon a milk in months, Milk everywhere is between $4.99-$5.99 a gallon, and I have noticed the price of meat and even things like cookies have gone up :(

Slow Motion
06-16-2008, 05:07 PM
Gas should go down to like $1.50 per gallon.

TheGodfather
06-16-2008, 05:24 PM
I plan on siphon and food theft and I will never be LOSING money.

I guess I could LOOSE money, meaning it was tight and is not longer. But who knows.

TheGodfather
06-16-2008, 05:26 PM
We havent seen $2.99 a gallon a milk in months, Milk everywhere is between $4.99-$5.99 a gallon, and I have noticed the price of meat and even things like cookies have gone up :(

...it's only $3.99 in both NY and Florida for store brand gallons.

But I work in the grocery industry, and all prices have gone up yes, but the worst is bakery.

Cakes are getting smaller for the same price as a big one, a thing of cookies from the bakery went from $1.19 to $2.09. It is really getting insane, and quite the rip off.

Brett
06-16-2008, 05:58 PM
While i agree that my previous statement didnt account for other things, but me personally i have not seen an increase in our other consumer goods.

Milk still costs the same
Meats are the same
Ice cream the same
Produce, well ill be honest i havent watched it so i dont know if its up or down.

Well actually on NBC News just now they were talking about how the price of eggs is up 11%, Dairy (Milk, etc) Up almost 13% and meat and produce up as much, so as I said, Prices are higher on the food we buy :)

0p7!mu5
06-16-2008, 08:28 PM
i just went shopping today milk was 3.89 at kroger with the damn card