PDA

View Full Version : My Car Flooded Today in Pleasant Hill!!!

swolejamaica
06-14-2008, 09:54 PM
So it rained to today really bad in pleasant hill. I was at my girls apt when it was raining really bad. Now when i come outside there is water up to my hood. I waited for the water to go down. After the water went down i went down to the car. I opened the door and water was pouring out. I started the car out of curiousity and it was shooting water out like a cannon. After the water kinda stop shooting out i drove it down the street and it started to smoke white really bad and sputter around 4700rpm. The check engine light comes on and the airbag light starts to flash. Im getting the car towed to the dealer tonight. The reason for the flood was because the apt drains were clogged up. The owner is going to cover all damages so thats a good thing. Im just wandering will my insurance total the car??? O and its a 2008 nissan altima!

thepolecat
06-14-2008, 09:56 PM
prob wont total out but it will be close. its good that they are covering the damage- was there water in the lower apartments too?

swolejamaica
06-14-2008, 09:57 PM
yepp them things were flooded real bad. They are cleaning them right now

Barefoot
06-14-2008, 09:58 PM
i dont have an answer to your question. just wanted to say that sux but im sure u already know that.

swolejamaica
06-14-2008, 09:58 PM
yep^^

OnSite
06-14-2008, 10:06 PM
cant you complaian about how the appartments drains where clog'd?

redrumracer
06-14-2008, 10:12 PM
so did yall go out for a little swim, now thats the real question. may have not been that deep but hey ya could of waded in the water :)

Thighs
06-14-2008, 10:23 PM
i dont care who ya are... thats funny right there. :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

but seriously, that sucks. good thing it wont cost you any $$.

BB1_Luda
06-14-2008, 10:50 PM
You might have to invest in a new ECU.

Usually those go out pretty fast when flooded.

swolejamaica
06-14-2008, 10:50 PM
well it never clogged up before!!

cant you complaian about how the appartments drains where clog'd?

G.C
06-14-2008, 10:51 PM
hope its not hydrolocked. you shouldn't have cranked your engine after the water got in. it could have done alot of damage inside of your engine. but yeah good luck with everything. hope everything turns out good.

swolejamaica
06-14-2008, 10:51 PM
naw but there was a guy pushing his jeep through the flood cause it had stop running. the water was at his waist.

so did yall go out for a little swim, now thats the real question. may have not been that deep but hey ya could of waded in the water :)

swolejamaica
06-14-2008, 10:53 PM
Yea i kno. I contacted my insurance and they said go get an estimate. So monday ill find out whats up.

hope its not hydrolocked. you shouldn't have cranked your engine after the water got in. it could have done alot of damage inside of your engine. but yeah good luck with everything. hope everything turns out good.