PDA

View Full Version : Misc Who is into sailing in here

RiceBoy
06-14-2008, 01:49 PM
Probably remote chance but whose in here is into sailing or owns a sailboat..I am thinking about getting one.

jwrape
06-14-2008, 02:02 PM
I'm a boater but not a sailor. Too much work to sail. Love boating though. Going out to the lake tonight

SampaGuy
06-14-2008, 02:22 PM
My brother and I raced Optimists/Lasers in brazil. My brother was really good, competed in the national championship and stuff. Then we moved to Atlanta and our dreams got shattered, lol... Lake Lanier/Allatoona are horrible for sailing. I know they have a few small sailing clubs but no thanks. You would have to go to the ocean/drive to savannah if you want to get your adrenaline pumping.

RiceBoy
06-15-2008, 08:08 AM
My brother and I raced Optimists/Lasers in brazil. My brother was really good, competed in the national championship and stuff. Then we moved to Atlanta and our dreams got shattered, lol... Lake Lanier/Allatoona are horrible for sailing. I know they have a few small sailing clubs but no thanks. You would have to go to the ocean/drive to savannah if you want to get your adrenaline pumping.

so you know how to sail? what boat were y'all using?

SampaGuy
06-16-2008, 11:20 AM
so you know how to sail? what boat were y'all using?

A Laser, these things
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axTVpt0dFFw

RiceBoy
06-16-2008, 11:31 AM
hahhaa, those laser looks like fun..ANyways I just signed up for a sailing class...can't wait.

Stormhammer
06-16-2008, 11:51 AM
I've gone sailing quite a few times before. A friend of mine - his parents own a 42' sailboat on the gulf. I also sail those little 8' ones - like in the youtube video - only I can sail them sideways ( as in the sail is going horizontal and the boat is on its side :D )

CodyW
06-16-2008, 03:08 PM
i used to do it a lot as a kid but haven't been in like 10 years. my dad still has a little sunfish and a siren 17 though, both used to be lots of fun. wouldn't mind taking one of them out eventually.

Blitanicle99
06-16-2008, 04:58 PM
Here!

Had a 18 foot bucaneer, and a 16 ft racing catamaran. Sold them both unfortunely due to no time. Spent weeks in the keys on a 92 footer.

Alatoona can have good sailing on the right days. I got my catamaran to pick up one side out there on a good day. :goodjob:

If you have any questions, let me know.

sharo227
06-17-2008, 03:07 PM
iused to always goto sailing campsn stuff and whenever we would goto the beach we would rent out a boat and go sailing but its been a few years