PDA

View Full Version : General Chat Need Emissions Help

Nemesis
06-14-2008, 11:03 AM
For the past two weeks my PCM will not pass a ready state. I understand there are functions that need to be performed to pass, but Im running out of time.

Please PM me information of someone that can "Help" me pass.

I have cash in hand.

Krappy
06-14-2008, 12:36 PM
lol i need help too PM me too... haha sorry for the thread jack george

Slomaro Z28
06-14-2008, 03:48 PM
If the computer is NOT READY to be tested, then you need to go thourgh a drive cycle, if I remember right its about 150-300 miles of driving, some highway and some around town should set your ECU to READY.

This is only if the check engine light is OFF and the ECU is NOT READY.

Nemesis
06-14-2008, 03:58 PM
Im passing the drive cycle test now, im failing visual.

Slomaro Z28
06-14-2008, 04:00 PM
What part?? Does ur light stay on ? OBD II they dont check for a CAT, if its the light any tuner should be able to by-pass or reset codes.....sorry been 2.5 yrs since I've done emissions.

Vayda
06-14-2008, 06:36 PM
What part?? Does ur light stay on ? OBD II they dont check for a CAT, if its the light any tuner should be able to by-pass or reset codes.....sorry been 2.5 yrs since I've done emissions.

This information WAS correct. However the sequence for OBD-II tests using the new machines that everyone should be using NOW or in the next WEEK if they want to keep doing emissions tests...has a catalyst check. Now means stations will be checking for Cats on OBD tests that would pass with flying colors and can cause a force-fail because of it. Covert Auditors WILL be doing cat-less cars for OBD-II to check compliance too, trust me.

Regardless, you can't just reset the readiness indicator. He needs to hit the proper drive cycle states.

Slomaro Z28
06-17-2008, 05:47 PM
This information WAS correct. However the sequence for OBD-II tests using the new machines that everyone should be using NOW or in the next WEEK if they want to keep doing emissions tests...has a catalyst check. Now means stations will be checking for Cats on OBD tests that would pass with flying colors and can cause a force-fail because of it. Covert Auditors WILL be doing cat-less cars for OBD-II to check compliance too, trust me.

Regardless, you can't just reset the readiness indicator. He needs to hit the proper drive cycle states.

Yeah I knew about the drive cycle having to be done again if codes were cleared, but like I said its been 2.5 yrs. since I have tested a car, we didnt check CATS then.

Kaiser
06-18-2008, 08:15 AM
Nope. Cat-checking JUST started with the new machines and the new testing process for OBD-II. It's nice at work because the machines hook up all wireless but the problem is that the test takes twice as long now because of the dumb questions. Plus there's twice as much to go wrong now.

AnclyT
06-24-2008, 05:10 PM
i know a guy that can do emissions

a bit of expensive but very reliable

PM me if you need more info