PDA

View Full Version : Need Emissions Help

Nemesis
06-14-2008, 11:03 AM
For the past two weeks my PCM will not pass a ready state. I understand there are functions that need to be performed to pass, but Im running out of time.

Please PM me information of someone that can "Help" me pass.

I have cash in hand.

SiRed94
06-14-2008, 11:18 AM
For the past two weeks my PCM will not pass a ready state. I understand there are functions that need to be performed to pass, but Im running out of time.

Please PM me information of someone that can "Help" me pass.

I have cash in hand.

just go to advance auto parts right before you take your emissions test and they will turn the check engine light off for you for free...

toxxxic
06-14-2008, 11:20 AM
your cel has to have been off for 200 miles for them to even run your emissions.

i dont know if its for sure 200 miles, but i know you cant just clear the codes & go straight to the emissions booth.

twinj
06-14-2008, 11:23 AM
just go to advance auto parts right before you take your emissions test and they will turn the check engine light off for you for free...

I don't think that will work. Even if the check engine light is on(Which I don't think it is). The car has to pass a ready state first. Which nothing can fix except time, if that dosen't then he needs someone to give it a "helping hand"

SiRed94
06-14-2008, 11:29 AM
yes, when they reset the light the car will go into a "not ready state" until you drive it around for a bit... I don't think that it is as long as 200 miles. but you can still have them run it on the rollers with the exhaust probe....

twinj
06-14-2008, 11:32 AM
your cel has to have been off for 200 miles for them to even run your emissions.

i dont know if its for sure 200 miles, but i know you cant just clear the codes & go straight to the emissions booth.

Yea you can go up there, Ive been doing it for 2yrs now. It depends on if you erase it ,or reset.

Jaimecbr900
06-14-2008, 11:35 AM
yes, when they reset the light the car will go into a "not ready state" until you drive it around for a bit... I don't think that it is as long as 200 miles. but you can still have them run it on the rollers with the exhaust probe....

No, you can't.

If your car is an obdII car, it has to be done thru the obdII port to pass emissions. George's problem is probably that he reset his ECU and it's not in "ready" mode just yet, but when it does it may just pop up the CEL again. Right George? ;)

Why is CEL coming on in the first place? :thinking:

HeLLo iM iZzY
06-14-2008, 11:35 AM
I know people but I don't think you are willing to drive all the way up to Gwinnett.

Nemesis
06-14-2008, 12:15 PM
Im willing to drive almost anywhere if its gauranteed Ill pass.

I have no Check Engine Lights, but Im failing two readiness tests, and Ive been driving for two weeks. I need to get this done.

Bruce Leroy
06-14-2008, 03:48 PM
From my experience... getting an obd2 car to "pass" is harder than getting an earlier car to pass.

You might be better off if you just fix the problem.

JITB
06-14-2008, 03:55 PM
is it the ecu flash thats making it not pass?

dohc4.6sc
06-14-2008, 07:12 PM
From my experience... getting an obd2 car to "pass" is harder than getting an earlier car to pass.

You might be better off if you just fix the problem.

not true, all you have to do is run the non passing car, then pull in another obd2 car and put in the non-passing cars info, then run the passing car. its pretty simple and nemises you have a pm.

chnco
06-15-2008, 06:25 PM
in the same boat as you george.

Double_0_Rusty
06-15-2008, 08:43 PM
Thank goodness we don't have emissions where I live.