PDA

View Full Version : Coilover Help

xlilvi3tx
06-13-2008, 08:02 PM
im planning to get eibach pro street s coilovers for my 4dr integra but the only thing that bothers me is that it drops the car only 2" max and i have no idea how it rides... well my question is does anyone have these coilovers on their car? if so, how does it ride? have anyone heard anything good/bad about them? and what coilovers do yall recommend that have had good inputs? lmk and any comments would be repped :goodjob:

TypeRPersonality
06-13-2008, 08:28 PM
They ride almost as good as a black Prelude SH that is stock.

xlilvi3tx
06-13-2008, 08:35 PM
They ride almost as good as a black Prelude SH that is stock.

LMAO anh u silly guy :lmfao:

ash7
06-13-2008, 09:06 PM
and what coilovers do yall recommend that have had good inputs? lmk and any comments would be repped :goodjob:

I'm a fan of the Function series by Zeal. A little pricey, but well worth the money.

:goodjob:

khaxnguyen
06-14-2008, 12:35 AM
get the Function/Form type II or the Ksport Kontrol coilovers, their a good bang4buck for the daily driver/weekend warrior

Andy_013
06-14-2008, 12:38 AM
buddy club n+ is a mid-level coilover, best bang-4-buck

Function/Form type II and Ksports blow out all the time

khaxnguyen
06-14-2008, 12:56 AM
buddy club n+ is a mid-level coilover, best bang-4-buck

Function/Form type II and Ksports blow out all the time

not from what ive seen, when you abuse the s_hit out of them yeah they blow quick, but if your just talking about regular driving with a little bit of happiness they do great. another great setup thats sub 1000 is a the Koni/GC combo :D

ash7
06-14-2008, 01:08 AM
not from what ive seen, when you abuse the s_hit out of them yeah they blow quick, but if your just talking about regular driving with a little bit of happiness they do great. another great setup thats sub 1000 is a the Koni/GC combo :D

Standard OTS konis are nice, but they leave much to be desired. Back in the day you had to send them off to a Damper Performance shop to have them revalved and modified (shortened damper body) to hold up on the track.

Earlier this year Koni introduced the 8041A racing damper, which is everything the modified ones used to be. Only it uses the newer SPSS3 valves, which are a little more forgiving. I'd suggest those with GC 500f 400r springs if you're going for a good handling suspension under or around 1k.

If you can spend a tad over 1k, then I'd suggest Progress Technologies Type1 coilover. You order them with custom valving and spring rates - and they're designed to be "user friendly" when it comes time to rebuild them.

Form&Function, Omni, Godspeed, Ksport, Hadukens, and Ninjakickcheapjdmoffhondatech coilovers are ALL made by the same manufacturer. They use the same basic damper (made by Tokico - ftl) and the exact same parts with different names on them. Save yourself the heartache later and buy a quality part.

-jonathan

xlilvi3tx
06-14-2008, 03:49 PM
lol thanks for all the inputs and repped all that i could. the coilovers i need have to be good in handling, quality, and longitivity since its not for dd. so all of the skunk2, omni, megan crap is out lol. i got about 1500 to spend on coilovers and i want to get the best out of my money and make it worth while. i think ima just go with the buddy club racing spec dampers or tien flex... since i have seen good remarks on both of them and they around the price range. any other suggestions?

ash7
06-14-2008, 07:18 PM
www.progressauto.com

-jonathan

Kyle
06-14-2008, 07:45 PM
Also note that most coilovers can go a bit lower than they say they can. So don't be fooled by what they say on the website, ask people who have different brands and see what they actually do.