PDA

View Full Version : Uh...PFC Long...

EvasiveEF9
06-13-2008, 06:24 PM
...United States Marine Corps.

One of your favorite OG's is officially graduated...USMC.

Graduated this morning at 1000hrs.

Just returned home.

Tell you about it when I get a chance to have the internet. Now I've gotta deal with that ***** that hit me back in November...I have to make a court appearance cuz he's trying to sue me over the accident he caused, and I was found innocent for. LoL. Dumbass move on his part...

Til I get back, though...what's been up with the crew? Post up. I'll read it tonight or tomorrow.

sakasaku
06-13-2008, 06:42 PM
WELCOME BACK BEN IT RYAN formally sakasaku!!!

EvasiveEF9
06-13-2008, 06:43 PM
How's the car rollin'?

sakasaku
06-13-2008, 06:44 PM
good my neighbors called the county so its in a storage bin but i go up there all the time now and work on it i have got the new head on the b18 b and s1 cable trans and i cut up the red car so i have parts up the ass now and i need thos axles from u and bottom halfs of the rear seats how much

sakasaku
06-13-2008, 06:46 PM
aparrently u cant do any major engine repair in ur drive way also got hasportmount and i only need a few more things to get it running!!!

Scotsman
06-13-2008, 07:29 PM
welcome back bro , f'n missed ya

jfrolang
06-13-2008, 08:41 PM
It is damn good to see you posting.

Scotsman
06-13-2008, 08:45 PM
postin but not anwserin his damn phone ,lol , what do ya think of the EG Jeff?

jfrolang
06-13-2008, 09:13 PM
If you want to look half your age, success!

LIKEG6
06-13-2008, 10:50 PM
If you want to look half your age, success!

LOL

Welcome back man

EvasiveEF9
06-13-2008, 10:54 PM
LoL, word up. Wasn't answer the phone cuz I had company with me most of the day/evening. Dinner with g-rents and cousin from Ohio, and...a butt-ton of friends that made it to my graduation. Had myself a beer and felt a minor buzz. Three months of being dry drops your tolerance like whoa. That and I didn't really hear it ring.

Keep up the work on the hatch. I don't remember what parts I have and everything in my basement and stuff has been moved around, so I'll have to go through it all...for now I'm about to hit the sack. It's nearly 12, and I was up at 330 this morning after 4.5hours of sleep...and this entire past week I've gotten no more than about 5.5hours of sleep per night, and running nonstop every day. I'm a BIT tired...

Jeff, man...the juice...is worth the squeeze, but training isn't done. I've got 4.5weeks to go in North Carolina for MCT (combat training) then 11months at MOS school in (likely) Pensacola for Aviation Mechanic. Haven't been briefed on rotory or fixed wing, yet, nor do I know where I'll be stationed. Currently, I'm working to get some recruiter's assistance...so I'll be at the RSS in about...6hours from now.

Scotsman
06-13-2008, 11:03 PM
crucible FTW!

EvasiveEF9
06-13-2008, 11:22 PM
Crucible for the suck...

Black flagged the whole damn time. Heat index of 115degrees. One kid from our platoon dropped and had a core temp of 109.

...I survived, though...

Cato ED-6
06-13-2008, 11:42 PM
Good to hear you're back man.

jfrolang
06-14-2008, 12:01 AM
Ah, basic training. The memories from that time of my life are incredibly vivid, but I don't miss it. I can definitely say it was a great experience though.

EvasiveEF9
06-14-2008, 12:02 AM
Not back for long...

Yeah...training sucked until I held the EGA in hand...then it was all worth it.

mushroom_toy
06-14-2008, 01:46 AM
Glad you graduated and your doing good. Hope everything goes good for ya in court, which it should.

osnap
06-14-2008, 02:02 AM
proud of you, homie. so glad you're back :goodjob:

JDMJAYDC2
06-14-2008, 06:47 AM
thats whats up we need another wild wings dinner to officially welcome you back

Papa_Smurf
06-14-2008, 12:32 PM
x2 on that jermaine

welcome back ben!

EvasiveEF9
06-14-2008, 01:05 PM
I'm down...I'm still workin' that cute navy chick at the wing place. :)

Papa_Smurf
06-14-2008, 03:08 PM
ben, you need to look around the ef section when you get a chance and see everything thats been going on. new builds, jdm hatchs, cam installs, new wheels, etc.

we aint just been sh!tin since you been gone homie :goodjob:

sakasaku
06-14-2008, 03:29 PM
i am gettin there man!!

bigdare23
06-14-2008, 06:14 PM
PFC Long huh?!?

Even tho I already talked to you though texts, welcome back again! Get up with your boy before you leave.

Scotsman
06-14-2008, 06:17 PM
PFC Long huh?!?

Even tho I already talked to you though texts, welcome back again! Get up with your boy before you leave.x2

EvasiveEF9
06-15-2008, 01:36 AM
Workin' on seein' everyone. Met up with my recruiter today. I'm almost certain I'll be getting recruiter's assistance to extend my time here at home and sh*t...we'll see what happens.

Real quick, off topic, before I forget...Dare, are you USAA and/or Navy Federal?

Back on track...thanks to all the welcomes. I noted alot of threads on new stuff, but haven't had a chance to go digging into who's been active. As many of you know, I sold my goods before I left. Well, I came back with a handful of cash, but instead of shopping, I'm putting alot of forth to invest and pay off loans (student loans and crap). Why? Having them paid off raises credit score...what could I POSSIBLY want that I would want to have a good credit score to go shopping for, ladies?

That's about all the hints I'm giving out with what's to come. It my not be an EF I'll be driving in...but I'll be back with the crew for the twisties. All in due time. I originally wanted to build a large truck, but man, gas prices are just stupid. Also, I'm starting up a savings account towards my dream car. I hope to pick it up (god save, I don't get someone pregnant, or have some tragedy happen) I'll be working on some large payments in about a year on a 96-99 Viper. Will I drive it? Probably not cuz of insurance, LoL. But I'd like to start putting money aside to at least work TOWARDS that goal in life. THAT car...probably won't see much of the mountains. It'll just be my little weekend pride and joy.

osnap
06-15-2008, 03:28 AM
Viper? Shotgun first ride. OH, and btw - lots to update you on. :ninja:

Call me, you bish. lol.

EvasiveEF9
06-15-2008, 07:11 AM
Call? The hell is that? And what's this "cell phone" everyone keeps talking about... sheesh, I guess I forgot about everything, didn't I...

:)

I'll give you a shout. I'm trying to figure out my week and crap.

First ride in that thing will be alone to the garage. You know...for some alone time with her. :jerkit: Then it'll probably be left there til I can afford insurance, LoL. We've got like 2 years before anything goes down...ish...anyways. It's a long shot...but we'll see. :)

For now I'm staying focused and shopping around at the OTHER cars that'll be sooner down the line.

BTLFED
06-15-2008, 07:44 AM
Holla bish! I still owe you a beer.....and a shot. :ninja:

EvasiveEF9
06-15-2008, 07:50 AM
One beer and one shot will eff me up for the night.

<= Currently EF Squad's official retired cheap-date light-weight.

BTLFED
06-15-2008, 07:57 AM
One beer and one shot will eff me up for the night.

<= Currently EF Squad's official retired cheap-date light-weight.

Fun! Let's do it!

EvasiveEF9
06-15-2008, 08:03 AM
Sweet!

Curious...what can you tell me on the G35's? Neg, Pos, inbetween, little-known facts, etc... It's one that's in my lineup of cars I'm considering and looking into...

BTLFED
06-15-2008, 08:22 AM
Sweet!

Curious...what can you tell me on the G35's? Neg, Pos, inbetween, little-known facts, etc... It's one that's in my lineup of cars I'm considering and looking into...

That is a long story that i don't feel like typing LOL

We will discuss it when we hang out over beer.

EvasiveEF9
06-15-2008, 08:44 AM
Sweet nuts on a virgin!

Sounds good. Checked my credit score and crap...I think it may be about time for a new toy. Was going for a truck til I got off the base and saw a gas-price sign at a gas station. My jaw dropped, and I said I was gonna get a bike. No...not one with a motor. A bicycle. WTF happened!?!?

sakasaku
06-15-2008, 08:49 AM
lol

EvasiveEF9
06-15-2008, 08:53 AM
...what's playing in theaters anymore, even??

BTLFED
06-15-2008, 09:01 AM
Sweet nuts on a virgin!

Sounds good. Checked my credit score and crap...I think it may be about time for a new toy. Was going for a truck til I got off the base and saw a gas-price sign at a gas station. My jaw dropped, and I said I was gonna get a bike. No...not one with a motor. A bicycle. WTF happened!?!?

OPEC. That's what happened. I bought a Mountain bike so I can start trying to get into shape. And I don't watch movies so I can't help you with that question lol

sakasaku
06-15-2008, 09:16 AM
this os wat i can see for free and get u in. and if ur up to i can get u into a screening before the movie comes out its going to be at 11:30 or so anyways

the Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian,
Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
Iron Man
Strangers, The

green91
06-15-2008, 09:49 AM
USAA and NFCU FTW. I do nearly all my banking through them.

Glad to hear you're doing well though man. My grandfather was a retired marine through WWII and I've heard the stories about how rigorous they were back in those days, i can only imagine what the training you've gone through is like.

EvasiveEF9
06-15-2008, 10:35 AM
USAA and NFCU FTW. I do nearly all my banking through them.

Glad to hear you're doing well though man. My grandfather was a retired marine through WWII and I've heard the stories about how rigorous they were back in those days, i can only imagine what the training you've gone through is like.
It...was...a trip. Is that good enough? LoL. And I still have more to go through.

Curious, do you do any investing, or run savings accounts or anything like that? I think I'll end up with an account at both (for different reasons). USAA has the better insurance, but NFCU has better auto loan and savings rates, if I remember correctly. Gonna be looking to play with finances here before too much longer, just need to knock down some of this student loan. I've gotta get a car, but other than that, alot of my pay will be going into investing...just trying to figure out how to get the bigger bang for...well, you know the phrase.

green91
06-15-2008, 10:51 AM
Ive got a savings acct and my house financed through NFCU and my truck and credit card through USAA.

EvasiveEF9
06-15-2008, 11:09 AM
Checked the rates, or just went "screw it, this looks good"? LoL

Yeah, I've had my capital one for 4yrs, now. Plan to close it when I hit the 5yr mark. Gotta keep my bank of america account open for like another 4 years (sucks!) cuz I opened a credit card with them like last september. I don't like to have cards for a period of less than 3yrs, but I prefer 5. I think I read somewhere it looks better on you to do it that way as far as credit score and stuff. Obviously, this applies moreso to those that don't have alot of credit built up... This morning when I checked, I checked all three and was at like 714, 703, and 713 with the 3 unions. Not bad.

Nonetheless...had any problems with either one?

green91
06-15-2008, 11:54 AM
Well i had some issues with my mortgage officer at first but i got transferred to another lady and it was smooth sailing after that. My mortgage and auto loans got the best rates i could at the time so im happy. My savings yield could be higher but its just an emergency account than anything. But my USAA credit card rate is great even though i dont use it lol.