PDA

View Full Version : 05 SRT10 Viper vs 04 Cobra

Thrust
08-22-2005, 11:25 AM
I happened to run into Mike, the guy with the 05 viper this past Saturday. It turns out that I knew him from a carshow back in May when he still had his mystichrome vert. We talked for about 20 minutes, and set up a run. Since he traded the cobra for the viper, He wanted to see how his old car would do up aginst his new one. I wanted to go from a dig, but he preferred to go from a roll. I told him that I will shut down at about 135, and he agreed.

He warmed up his car, while I let mine cool down. We decided to head toward the p&r, and did the runs on the way there. We lined up from a 60ish roll. I honked us off, and immediatly pulled 2.5 cars on him. I maintained that lead until I shifted to 4th, and he started to reel me in. At the top of 4th gear where I shut down I was still a car ahead.
Victory for the cobra!
The 2nd run was the same, except from the start I pulled 2 cars, And it ended with him only about .5 cars behind when I shut down.
Overall he is a ok guy, just a little wired. He told me afterwards that he needed to change his oil. :lmfao: Here is a crappy camera phone pic that I took of our cars.
http://images.snapfish.com/3447958723232%7Ffp3%3B%3Dot%3E2323%3D%3B45%3D86%3A %3D3232%3B45779764nu0mrj

SLOWR/T
08-22-2005, 11:28 AM
good kill!!

Pablo
08-22-2005, 11:37 AM
did he mention to you that his car was not in "Performance Mode"
that is the bullshit excuse he gave Marshall when they ran.
The guy is a total tool. For the longest, everyone thought he was a cop

Thrust
08-22-2005, 11:43 AM
No, He told me that he needed to change his oil. Hell, in that case I need to change mine too. :lmfao:

SilviaK93
08-22-2005, 11:46 AM
Good kill........Apparently ,even though I hear he likes to deny it, but after I beat him he went to the dealership and got a 3.73 gear dropped in. Maybe now since you beat him he will get a s/c kit or some headers.....:lmfao:

Wedge
08-22-2005, 11:58 AM
good kill.. everytime i ride in that car he asks me a million times if the viper feels faster then the cobra.. ehh.. they are both fast, but if it was me i would KBd the cobra and never thought about it twice

WINDSOR
08-22-2005, 05:37 PM
this guy is giving vipers a bad name.

Speedm0(\)key
08-22-2005, 10:46 PM
good run man, we all went to tgif's to meet up some friends, wish i could have seen you guys run or talk to you both afterwards, hope to see ya guys out there again

Wedge
08-23-2005, 07:38 AM
just to let you know i talked to chris last night and he said you didn't win the race

SandM
08-23-2005, 05:50 PM
wow, that makes three times that hes raced someone on this site, and he's lost every time?

DrivenMind
08-23-2005, 06:15 PM
just to let you know i talked to chris last night and he said you didn't win the race

That's because he's "racing" to see who can empty their bank account first.

white99gt
08-23-2005, 06:42 PM
No, He told me that he needed to change his oil. Hell, in that case I need to change mine too. :lmfao:

Dam changing your oil adds power ..Dam i need to go change mine right now then :D

Good kill.

HiPSI
08-24-2005, 04:41 PM
wow, that makes three times that hes raced someone on this site, and he's lost every time?

and denied it every time as well from what i hear...

Julio
08-24-2005, 05:04 PM
Is this the guy that used to own the white cobra?

SilviaK93
08-24-2005, 05:24 PM
Is this the guy that used to own the white cobra?

yes

Wedge
08-25-2005, 07:41 AM

he never denied to lose the the zo6, but he said it was damn close, and he is pretty sure he wouldn't win now.. and everyone knows the evo is fast

also from what he says, the cobra was no problem, seems like in your story he was catching you, but didn't quite catch you, in his story, he just pulled away..

ct9a gsr
08-25-2005, 11:07 AM

He never denied the outcome of my races against him (4 of them)... but then again, they're all on video too. ^.^

Speedm0(\)key
08-25-2005, 12:52 PM
i beleive thrusts story

Thrust
08-25-2005, 01:28 PM
he never denied to lose the the zo6, but he said it was damn close, and he is pretty sure he wouldn't win now.. and everyone knows the evo is fast

also from what he says, the cobra was no problem, seems like in your story he was catching you, but didn't quite catch you, in his story, he just pulled away..
Ohh GIVE ME A BREAK :jerkit:
I pulled from him by 2 cars from the start, And he was at my back quarter panel the first run, And at my door the second time when I shut down. I do not like to shift into 5th when Im racing. Now beyond 140, he will beat me, That I openly admit. I think that this is a case of me shutting down before he realized. Although I thought that was what brake lights meant.
BTW, He did mention something about some 3.73 gears. I wonder what things would have been like with his stock rear.

With that being said, I have no reason to lie. It was all in good fun, and if I lose then I have no problem admiting defeat. I have lost to a couple of ls1's, and a single turbo supra. I recently lost to a seriously modded 5.0 stang lx.
If I happen to run into him again, then perhaps we can get this on tape, or perhaps take it to the track to clear up any doubt. Is his car faster than mine? Overall yes. But in certain parts of our revbands my car out accelerates his, and vice-vercia. I would really love to do it at the track.

WINDSOR
08-25-2005, 04:06 PM
Ohh GIVE ME A BREAK :jerkit:
I pulled from him by 2 cars from the start, And he was at my back quarter panel the first run, And at my door the second time when I shut down. I do not like to shift into 5th when Im racing. Now beyond 140, he will beat me, That I openly admit. I think that this is a case of me shutting down before he realized. Although I thought that was what brake lights meant.
BTW, He did mention something about some 3.73 gears. I wonder what things would have been like with his stock rear.

With that being said, I have no reason to lie. It was all in good fun, and if I lose then I have no problem admiting defeat. I have lost to a couple of ls1's, and a single turbo supra. I recently lost to a seriously modded 5.0 stang lx.
If I happen to run into him again, then perhaps we can get this on tape, or perhaps take it to the track to clear up any doubt. Is his car faster than mine? Overall yes. But in certain parts of our revbands my car out accelerates his, and vice-vercia. I would really love to do it at the track.

what kind of mods on the 5.0 lx? just curious and how bad did he beat you?

Thrust
08-26-2005, 01:30 AM
what kind of mods on the 5.0 lx? just curious and how bad did he beat you?
It wasn't too bad. He had me down by about a car or so. He had a built 306, heads, cam, and gears. After the run, we lined up at the light and talked briefly. I was ready to take my lumps from a dig when he suddenly turned off. :confused:

Wedge
08-26-2005, 08:03 AM
i am not saying you won or lost, it's not my race, not my business, chris overall is a nice guy, and he said the same about you, but that being said, yeah i could see why he would think he won when he continued racing when you shut down, looking at your sig 454rwhp should be enough to give a viper a run for it's money.. after all i wouldn't want to admit either that i lost to a car just like the one i traded in for the viper..

i asked him about the mitsu race, he just kind of hung his head, and mutter off "wasn't expecting that"

all i know is that all grudges aside, if you want to run again, i am sure he would.. and like has been said before, just go anywhere in buford and you will find him..

Ammuscleatw
08-26-2005, 04:05 PM
This is all such a load!!! I saw that race in buford, the viper smoked that cobra... but if youre just gonna talk trash you should run again.. and video tape it for all to see you lose yet again....

DrivenMind
08-26-2005, 04:21 PM
I'm down with filming it, but someone has to PM me first to get me out there.

Thrust
08-27-2005, 01:26 AM
This is all such a load!!! I saw that race in buford, the viper smoked that cobra... but if youre just gonna talk trash you should run again.. and video tape it for all to see you lose yet again....
Who are you? Who is talking trash? This was just a friendly run.
My car has only been "smoked" as you put it once, and that was by Clark's supra. Also, this didn't happen in Buford.

b0ki
08-27-2005, 03:37 AM
I happened to run into Mike, the guy with the 05 viper this past Saturday. It turns out that I knew him from a carshow back in May when he still had his mystichrome vert. We talked for about 20 minutes, and set up a run. Since he traded the cobra for the viper, He wanted to see how his old car would do up aginst his new one. I wanted to go from a dig, but he preferred to go from a roll. I told him that I will shut down at about 135, and he agreed.

He warmed up his car, while I let mine cool down. We decided to head toward the p&r, and did the runs on the way there. We lined up from a 60ish roll. I honked us off, and immediatly pulled 2.5 cars on him. I maintained that lead until I shifted to 4th, and he started to reel me in. At the top of 4th gear where I shut down I was still a car ahead.
Victory for the cobra!
The 2nd run was the same, except from the start I pulled 2 cars, And it ended with him only about .5 cars behind when I shut down.
Overall he is a ok guy, just a little wired. He told me afterwards that he needed to change his oil. :lmfao: Here is a crappy camera phone pic that I took of our cars.
http://images.snapfish.com/3447958723232%7Ffp3%3B%3Dot%3E2323%3D%3B45%3D86%3A %3D3232%3B45779764nu0mrj

Soryy man but he cant DRIVE !!!

ct9a gsr
08-27-2005, 12:15 PM
i asked him about the mitsu race, he just kind of hung his head, and mutter off "wasn't expecting that"

Honestly, I thought his Viper was gonna hand me my ass... so trust me, I also was saying "wasn't expecting that"...

By the way, any idea who his buddy is that has a older generation black Viper RT/10 that was with him last night on Pleasant Hill? Sounded mod'd... =]

v10sloboy
08-27-2005, 02:12 PM
where do you guys meet saturday night want to come out with some of my viper friends and have some friendly races

WINDSOR
08-27-2005, 03:50 PM
where do you guys meet saturday night want to come out with some of my viper friends and have some friendly races

what kind of vipers you guys have? they all stock/modded?

Wedge
08-29-2005, 08:04 AM
Honestly, I thought his Viper was gonna hand me my ass... so trust me, I also was saying "wasn't expecting that"...

By the way, any idea who his buddy is that has a older generation black Viper RT/10 that was with him last night on Pleasant Hill? Sounded mod'd... =]

he was supercharged claiming ~1000whp.. that's a bit of a stretch.. he also had nitrous and said he ran 9.98 at commerce.. btw.. this is all second hand info

HiPSI
08-29-2005, 12:10 PM
he was supercharged claiming ~1000whp.. that's a bit of a stretch.. he also had nitrous and said he ran 9.98 at commerce.. btw.. this is all second hand info

from what i've been told when asked he is supercharged and running a 250hp shot of nitrous... when asked what it was putting down his answer was something like "ummm, 800....900.... a thousand, yeah about a thousand".

RotiEatter
08-29-2005, 12:53 PM
Blah, Viper's suck.

Batman
08-29-2005, 02:22 PM
from what i've been told when asked he is supercharged and running a 250hp shot of nitrous... when asked what it was putting down his answer was something like "ummm, 800....900.... a thousand, yeah about a thousand".

Yeah thats what he personally told me as well, 9sec's at commerce

HiPSI
08-29-2005, 02:29 PM
Yeah thats what he personally told me as well, 9sec's at commerce

so in other words he doesn't know shit about his car (or whoever's car it is)

Wedge
08-29-2005, 04:29 PM
so in other words he doesn't know shit about his car (or whoever's car it is)

just like all viper drivers

he said his 1/8 of a mile sucked.. (like high 7s) but he ran 9.9x in the quarter.. so i am sitting here thinking he made it from the 1/8 of a mile to the end of the quarter in around 2 seconds? umm.. lets do some math

1/8mile in 2seconds = 15/4miles in a minute = 3.75x60miles an hour = an average speed between the 1/4 and an 1/8 of 220mph = bullshit

that's all i have to say about that