auxiliary
06-13-2008, 12:39 PM
Make: Toyota
Model: MR2
Year: 1991
Color: White
Miles: Body-Shy of 200,000 engine less than 40,000

The story...

I always loved the look of MR2's. About a year ago I was driving an RX8 and was living in an apartment. My living situation got messed up and I ended up buying a house. Being 22 and a home owner I had to sell the RX8 in order to pay my mortgage. I purchased the MR2 with the intention of putting a Turbo motor in it. I bought the chassis which is a very clean 1991 White N/A MR2 for $3000.

The car drove great, handled great and was an awesome commuter. The time came for me to finally put the motor into my car. I purchased a GENIII JDM mr2 Turbo engine from Jarco. I started the swap....and then I got hurt.

No need on how I got hurt, but I pulled my back out and ended up 6 months where I could barely move. Work on the car immediately stopped. I have since tried to work on the car a little here in there, cleaning the engine bay, polishing the engine but I cannot get under the car without being in pain. I would love to finish this project but in my current state it's not possible.

The engine is not in the car but I would like to sell it all as a unit.

The Chassis is a white N/A MR2 with no cosmetic problems.
It is missing one corner light which can be found on ebay relatively cheap.

$1500

Engine is the JDM gen III engine. If you're not into MR2's this is the best turbo engine that you can put in them. This is not the same engine that you will find in USDM turbo MR2's. It comes with an LSD transmission and everything needed to install it. The swap is everything needed to transform an n/a car into a Turbo car. IC, engine lid, wiring, axles, shift linkage....everything!

$4200

Blitz Nur Spec Exhaust

$400

93+ Wheels

$500

Advan SAR3's 17 x 8 + 30 front and 17 x 9 + 30 rear

$900

Total I have about $9000 invested into this car. If you know anything about the MR2 market is that they hold their value. I would love to finish this car but from the looks of it I may be having back surgery in the next month or so and need to purchase a car and stop borrowing one from my parents.

I would like $6500 OBO for everything. Even if you don't want to keep this it's a great investment...buy it install the motor and then flip it for 10k.

Insurance is really cheap on this too since it is listed as a n/a car.

[email protected] is the best way to contact me. I will take reasonable trade offers.

Thanks,

jimmy

auxiliary
06-13-2008, 12:41 PM
engine pics...sorry they're large I took them with my phone.

Scrappy
06-13-2008, 01:14 PM
should post up on mr2trader.com...

BlkCD5
06-13-2008, 01:20 PM
:crazy:

justwongit
06-14-2008, 03:41 AM
bump for mr2 owner. is the interior blue?

auxiliary
06-14-2008, 06:27 AM
bump for mr2 owner. is the interior blue?

The interior is blue. Only down fall....but it grows on you.

AlanŽ
06-15-2008, 02:34 PM
you really should finish this man. too bad you gotta sell bump.

Nightwalker
07-23-2008, 08:03 PM
man i would love to buy this engine! wanna do a payment plan lol.... im looking to do a mk1.5