View Full Version : Misc The Next Guitar Hero

Turbo Terrance
06-12-2008, 06:51 PM
Theyve added drums to their line up...........and Travis Barker:goodjob:
But.... does that make it DRUM Hero???:thinking:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=rqDikV7YUQs

ubers2k
06-12-2008, 06:56 PM
it'll own rockband, imo... I love the drum set up.... now I just need to figure out how to splice in a second kick pedle (sp? I'm ****ing tired) and have fun with simulated double bass. lol

ISAtlanta300
06-13-2008, 12:37 PM
it'll own rockband, imo...

Own?? More like, everyone who wanted to play drums already 'owns' Rockband....

Don't get me wrong... I think it is a great looking set, and a bit more... 'advanced' than the Rockband drums...However, they are a little too late to the game...

Guitar Hero has always been known for.. well the guitar... basically most people (myself included) would be reluctant to have to buy YET ANOTHER Drumset to play this game.... even if the drums may in fact look better.

I doubt those who invested in rockband already would give up their instrument / drums for this one... not to mention that they already invested so much $$$ in downloadable contents etc.

The hope is that there would be a patch somehow to make it compatible.. but i doubt it... it has one extra pad compared to the RB drums.

It is a cool set though.. being wireless is a big plus. But it remains to be seen how many people are willing to take the plunge, and have an extra drumset they'd have to switch back and forth to when playing these two games....

Killer
06-13-2008, 12:56 PM
Own?? More like, everyone who wanted to play drums already 'owns' Rockband....

Don't get me wrong... I think it is a great looking set, and a bit more... 'advanced' than the Rockband drums...However, they are a little too late to the game...

Guitar Hero has always been known for.. well the guitar... basically most people (myself included) would be reluctant to have to buy YET ANOTHER Drumset to play this game.... even if the drums may in fact look better.

I doubt those who invested in rockband already would give up their instrument / drums for this one... not to mention that they already invested so much $$$ in downloadable contents etc.

The hope is that there would be a patch somehow to make it compatible.. but i doubt it... it has one extra pad compared to the RB drums.

It is a cool set though.. being wireless is a big plus. But it remains to be seen how many people are willing to take the plunge, and have an extra drumset they'd have to switch back and forth to when playing these two games....

yeah, it'd be sweet if RB did some sort of update that allowed you to use this new GH drumset.......

i do love playing RB.. but have always said i wish the drums were set up differently... a lot of drummers play cross armed and i think you should be able to move the pads where ever you'd like them... then just have the option in the game to say which color is where... kinda like doing a controller setup for certain games where "y is kick, and x is punch, a is jump and b is pick up" and there are multiple variables you can do with that and assign what button does what...

the possibilities could be endless... and would allow everyone to customize their set.... (it'd prolly take a lot of programming though.)

Dirty Octopus™
06-13-2008, 01:05 PM
hey sorry for being noob but are the guitars in both games interchangable?

can i use the Rockband guitar for Guitar Hero? :thinking:

Killer
06-13-2008, 01:21 PM

not sure... i know you can use guitar hero for rockband though.

SRCRX
06-13-2008, 02:30 PM
As Far as RB, I SUCK, I play (real) Drums everyday..lol
and still can not get hang of it.

Turbo Terrance
06-13-2008, 04:27 PM

No it doesnt work... its like tryin to play a PS3 game on the PS2....

ubers2k
06-13-2008, 06:00 PM
However, they are a little too late to the game...

Guess you didn't know that before Rock Band was ever thought of, Drum Hero was in the works... it was changed when Neversoft took over production. This and the fact that the drum set for GH4 is more complex, and designed by a company that acutally makes professonial electronic drum kits, I'm thinking it's safe to say that Rock Band needs to step it up a notch. GH has a fan base that is HUGE (RB not so far behind now with the downloadable songs), and this is also a good thing for those that didn't initially shell out the money for RB.

ISAtlanta300
06-13-2008, 06:44 PM
Guess you didn't know that before Rock Band was ever thought of, Drum Hero was in the works... it was changed when Neversoft took over production. This and the fact that the drum set for GH4 is more complex, and designed by a company that acutally makes professonial electronic drum kits, I'm thinking it's safe to say that Rock Band needs to step it up a notch. GH has a fan base that is HUGE (RB not so far behind now with the downloadable songs), and this is also a good thing for those that didn't initially shell out the money for RB.

I know, but I meant that they were a bit late in releasing it, giving Rockband the chance to penetrate the market.

Rockband is already a "complete" game, with Bass, Drums, Singing and Guitar. Plus new pheriperals are coming out, like light effects and fog machine etc. All they would have to do is come out with a 'new drumset' to match that of Guitar Hero/Drums.

The real difference is that Guitar Hero is / was mostly a "Solo" game with the focus on the Guitar, while Rockband was always a multiplayer target, but with a chance to still go solo..... Take myself for example... I have been playing strictly drums on rockband and still have fun. But I also like the option to occasionally sing or mess with the guitar (though i'm not good at all on it... LOL).

It's true though, that maybe this game will target those who didn't purchase Rockband.... but I'm thinking that everyone who wanted to play together with a partner or as a group has already bought Rockband.... it would be hard to convince these same people to now purchase guitar hero with drums.......

I do hope though that Rockband would come out with an expansion pack that includes better drums/ wireless drums and/ or customizable controls.. I am sure it is possible....

I do foresee a divide in supporters, Guitar Hero players will probably buy this, while Rock Band players probably won't...Remember that Rock band supporters do kind of "hate" Activision for shafting them on the guitar support/patch.. so there's still a little 'animosity' there.....

Turbo Terrance
06-13-2008, 09:02 PM
^^ and they release new songs every week....