PDA

View Full Version : Misc Mail from the united states government

MoFo
06-12-2008, 03:38 PM
this is the second one that i've received this year. it says...

federal law requires all males to register with the selective service system upon reaching their 18th birthday. Im 21, aren't they alittle too late? lol anyways, it continues with a treat saying that if i don't register it's a federal crime and punishable by a fine of up to $250,000 and up to 5 years imprisonment, or both. and that if i refuse to register that i may become permanetly ineligible for certain fedreral benefits, such as job training, student finacial aid and government employment.

should i just register and get it over with, or is it all just bs? seeing as this is the second one im kinda leaning towards the registering side lol. what do you guys think?
have any of you gotten this before?

Spektrewing386
06-12-2008, 04:36 PM
go ahead and do it, i think you can do it online.

you wont get drafted unless mccain wants to blitz Iran.

Scotsman
06-12-2008, 04:37 PM
its bs

MoFo
06-12-2008, 08:52 PM
go ahead and do it, i think you can do it online.

you wont get drafted unless mccain wants to blitz Iran.
yea i think im just gonna go ahead and register and see what happens. i would call, but my cousin has before and said that they'll just say the same old thing that we went to school here and that we have to register. lol like it's a freaking law or something. but whatever, i'll register tomorrow.

jew_boy
06-12-2008, 08:57 PM
yeah you can get in major trouble with the law sometimes if you dont do this. if you just go to college or call them and tell them your in college or a single parent they will let you go lol

MoFo
06-12-2008, 09:05 PM
yeah you can get in major trouble with the law sometimes if you dont do this. if you just go to college or call them and tell them your in college or a single parent they will let you go lol
well im not planning on having kids anytime soon so i might as well scratch that off. school too lol eh, i'll just register, hopefully i won't be needed in the future.

BanginJimmy
06-12-2008, 10:20 PM
not registering is bad. The govt will slam you for not registering. Unless there is a full blown war there isnt a draft. The only time a draft can be called for is in during a congressionally declared war.

MoFo
06-12-2008, 10:23 PM
not registering is bad. The govt will slam you for not registering. Unless there is a full blown war there isnt a draft. The only time a draft can be called for is in during a congressionally declared war.
lol great, this means now i should really really register. :D thanks for the info

Brut
06-13-2008, 01:03 AM
sss.gov real quick and easy ive been getting those letters too

MR2DR
06-13-2008, 01:37 AM
yea dude, u might wanna register for that. it's kinda required for some scholarships out there if u're schooling too

Humphrizzle
06-13-2008, 02:04 AM
this is the second one that i've received this year. it says...

federal law requires all males to register with the selective service system upon reaching their 18th birthday. Im 21, aren't they alittle too late? lol anyways, it continues with a treat saying that if i don't register it's a federal crime and punishable by a fine of up to $250,000 and up to 5 years imprisonment, or both. and that if i refuse to register that i may become permanetly ineligible for certain fedreral benefits, such as job training, student finacial aid and government employment.

should i just register and get it over with, or is it all just bs? seeing as this is the second one im kinda leaning towards the registering side lol. what do you guys think?
have any of you gotten this before?

you can only be prosecuted if you're over 25

Turbo04
06-13-2008, 08:34 AM
If you've ever voted in a federal election, your already registered.

ShooterMcGavin
06-13-2008, 08:54 AM
if you've never registered before and never voted then def register...

addandrew
06-13-2008, 10:24 AM
I had about 3 of them sent to my house and than went straight to the trash can. Now they don't send me anymore...I sad =(.

BanginJimmy
06-13-2008, 05:55 PM
I had about 3 of them sent to my house and than went straight to the trash can. Now they don't send me anymore...I sad =(.

You do know that you can have a warrant out for you right now? Chances are that you dont, but I have heard of people that have been arrested after being pulled over for not registering.

I dont know what you do for a living, but you can never work for the state, or fed govt, vote, receive SS, any federally back grant, or loan. Its really not worth not registering.

I just read that GA has Selective Service linked to your drivers license so chances are that if you renewed your license they registered you for you.
http://www.sss.gov/FSdrivers.htm

redrumracer
06-13-2008, 09:37 PM
hmmm yea its kinda mandatory you register for that, of course you could always officially denounce your citizenship and move out of the country and not worry about it.