PDA

View Full Version : passing emissions

greencivicaretheshit04
08-22-2005, 09:37 AM
when i disconnect my battery for 5min my check engine light goes off for about 10 min does anyone know if i can use this trick to pass emission because i failed already and they said i needed two new o2 sensors and I already replaced one. So any information anyone has will be helpful.

PS The car is a 2000 Honda Civic Dx

B16a2 Civic
08-22-2005, 09:46 AM
they will know if both have been replaced...just because the light doesnt say check engine...doesnt mean they wont.....trust me, they seem smarter then you my friend....jut replace em both and pass legally, cause in the long run..it wont be worth it

BTEC
08-22-2005, 10:22 AM
your ecu has to go through some readiness monitor tests. when u disconnect ur battery ur ecu resets and so do ur readiness monitor test. when they plug into ur dlc it will say monitors not ready and theyll tell u u need to drive the car some more. good luck

greencivicaretheshit04
08-22-2005, 11:30 AM
i replaced one and it is still reading the same thing on their diognostic machine thing
low voltage in one
and one needs to be replaced

Spyder
08-22-2005, 11:32 AM
your ecu has to go through some readiness monitor tests. when u disconnect ur battery ur ecu resets and so do ur readiness monitor test. when they plug into ur dlc it will say monitors not ready and theyll tell u u need to drive the car some more. good luck

exactly right , plus if they are not working properly you will get shitty gas mileage.

greencivicaretheshit04
08-26-2005, 12:34 PM
emissions are passed now thanks for the help guys

BTEC
08-26-2005, 12:38 PM
no problem haws. :goodjob: