PDA

View Full Version : Question about Paint

ekcivic1991
06-12-2008, 12:45 PM
I just went and got my car estimated and stuff and told the guy i wanted electron blue pearl from the 2000 si. He showed me some the paint because he said he already had some but it looks way to dark and purplish. Anybody know what it looks like in the can?

frostbyte
06-12-2008, 01:58 PM
its hard to judge paint by the can but two pearl is an aditive tou add right before u paint either liquid or powder form so his color may be right, but keep in mind a lot of shops are crooks and will do watever it takes to make a sell. also a real paint shop mixes theyre color not purchase pre mixed ****. this is du to paint can go bad to so question is y does he have enough paint sittin in a can to paint a whole car and how old is the paint??? id jus go with ur gut but keep in mind u cant jus take it off if its wrong and u make him redo the job hell only scuff it up and reshoot the color and clear addin more paint on paint and weight and if u chip it it will be a deep cheep due to unnessary paint build up.... whew ok sorry long i know....

ekcivic1991
06-12-2008, 02:32 PM
thanks i apprectiat it
i went to another shop and the guy there said they would get the paint code from honda and order some new, even though its gonna cost me more i know its right

frostbyte
06-12-2008, 02:49 PM
yay ive helped lol!!

seriously mail me monday i may can save u a headache the shop im workin for is closing and i can get the paint code easy today but i may can mix u the color and give u enough to paint the car twice not that ud want to but ur body kits/ fiberglass fenders hell any body upgrades and or collision damage will need paint so therebe plenty extra... no charge i jus gotta ask the boss cause dupont is comin wed to get theyre paint lol sooo on the house if he says yeah and i know he will lol:crazy: