PDA

View Full Version : Misc Metal Gear - Guns of the Patriots

Vteckidd
06-10-2008, 11:09 PM
WHOSE READY!?!?!?!?!?!

I cannot wait, Game goes on sale Wed at Midnight, which i guess is tech Thursday.

http://www.fanboy.es/wp-content/uploads/2007/05/metal-gear-solid-4-portada.jpg

Anyone heard the rumor that there is over 9 hours of cut scenese, and 1 scene is over 90 min long by itself? LOL its gonna be like a movie

AlanŽ
06-10-2008, 11:10 PM
man i kinda wish i had bought a ps3 instead of a voyager. ill get it by the end of the summer.

Hulud
06-10-2008, 11:52 PM
i want to play this, but a 90 min cut scene?

i mean thats a bit excessive. i mean unless you can leave the game and come back to the exact spot where you left. seriously what if you have to go and dont realize its the 90 min cutscene?

Vteckidd
06-10-2008, 11:53 PM
word is you can pause it

Grimm Reeper
06-11-2008, 06:43 AM
Can't wait. Played and beat every single Metal Gear, time to add another one to the belt. I wonder if this would truly be Snake's last mission and will it pass on to Raiden :thinking:

Seymour222
06-11-2008, 07:46 AM
Someone should check out the gameplay demonstration on youtube, pretty wicked. If you stay in a dumpster too long, it could give away your position because of the stench.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKt799IcqOY

Vteckidd
06-11-2008, 08:11 AM
does anyone want to go with me tonight to pick it up? MIDNIGHT SUCKAS

Kevykev
06-11-2008, 08:41 AM
Man, Metal gear is the One Game that keeps my interest in video games going.

Other titles are good too but Metal gear is the KING.

I just replayed and beat substance the other day, just for the hell of it.

D.Choe
06-11-2008, 01:23 PM
watching the trailers and gameplay vids for MGS4 made me want to play MGS3 last night when I saw this thread

this is the end result 3 hours later...

(got the stealth camo + infinity face paint at the same time :D )

yes, yes I know I'm a sneaky :ninja:

CAN'T WAIT TO PLAY THIS SHIZZLE TONIGHT!!

DESTRO_91
06-11-2008, 01:25 PM
I'm looking forward to playing this game. I really like this series. I never finished to first one on nintendo.

Sport1.3
06-11-2008, 01:27 PM
i'd be very interested in playing it, but i dont have a ps3. Looks like a good game

MoFo
06-11-2008, 01:34 PM
Can't wait. Played and beat every single Metal Gear, time to add another one to the belt. I wonder if this would truly be Snake's last mission and will it pass on to Raiden :thinking:
from some of the trailers that ive seen, i think snake commits suicide during the game or at the end. not really sure but i do remember seeing a scene where snake has a gun inside his mouth and pulls the trigger, mad hardcore lol. raiden is a badass in this game though for sure, i need a ps3 asap! just for this game, seriously!!

Ryumasi
06-11-2008, 01:40 PM
Thank God my friend is going to pick this up today since both of us love MGS and I just don't have the money for a PS3.

D.Choe
06-11-2008, 01:42 PM
from some of the trailers that ive seen, i think snake commits suicide during the game or at the end. not really sure but i do remember seeing a scene where snake has a gun inside his mouth and pulls the trigger, mad hardcore lol. raiden is a badass in this game though for sure, i need a ps3 asap! just for this game, seriously!!

in the trailer Snake puts the gun in mouth and then he gets interrupted...lol

but yes Raiden as Grey Fox/Cyborg Ninja is gonna be badass

Kevykev
06-12-2008, 07:50 AM
Damn, i don't want any spoilers - Soon enough i will play.

AlanŽ
06-12-2008, 08:27 AM
damn i need to make some serious dough in the next few days.

Revmaynard
06-12-2008, 08:30 AM
It's badass! You can literally beat it without killing single person if you are good enough. Once you unlock the challenge you have to beat it in under 5 hours and have no kills, you can't die, save, or use health or some sht like that. It's fcking tight from what I played.

IP37
06-12-2008, 08:57 AM
hm this might be worth picking up a pos3 for :p

EJ_Allmota
06-12-2008, 09:53 AM
im buying it as soon as i get to work..

Vteckidd
06-12-2008, 09:55 AM
reserve me a copy!

DemonEyez
06-12-2008, 10:37 AM
yeah the game mastermind did say this was solid snakes final game.. but.. he also mentioned that its not the last metal gear game.. so go figure. gonna be taking sweet time to play this one

Seymour222
06-12-2008, 11:51 AM
I'm looking forward to playing this game. I really like this series. I never finished to first one on nintendo.

Rocket Launcher, in the armory, between the boxes to kill big boss Fo-Da-Win.

Skillet
06-12-2008, 12:13 PM
DAMN THIS **** is badass.....LOTS of surprises....it was definetly worth the wait

D.Choe
06-12-2008, 02:15 PM
OMG if you have a chance to play this

DO IT NOW!! epic win in monstrous proportions

Raiden is so much more badass than in MGS2

eViLMunkey
06-13-2008, 04:18 PM
Yeah I'm getting it in a few days... but I'm DLing the Demo to Quake Wars also...

Vteckidd
06-13-2008, 04:36 PM
I just got to the part where Vamp comes out.

This game is rediculous, its like a movie with gameplay on the side. Its trying to answer all the questions from the first three, and its prob the most gigantic game in terms of size, environment, gameplay, etc ive ever seen. This is the new standard.

The only word to describe it is EPIC.

Crazy

D.Choe
06-13-2008, 04:38 PM
I just got to the part where Vamp comes out.

This game is rediculous, its like a movie with gameplay on the side. Its trying to answer all the questions from the first three, and its prob the most gigantic game in terms of size, environment, gameplay, etc ive ever seen. This is the new standard.

The only word to describe it is EPIC.

Crazy

:yes:

Steel barrel roll > cardboard box walking

Mk. II is badass as hell! Sting them suckas to death

FriskyWalrus
06-22-2008, 07:52 AM
ok so me and my buddy just beat it last night and i must say it was very, very epic. especially the last battle between Solid Snake and Liquid Ocelot

Vteckidd
06-22-2008, 10:25 AM
im on Crying Mantis right now, that ***** is hard to beat

FriskyWalrus
06-22-2008, 01:17 PM
you think thats hard? just wait till you have to fight Liquid Ocelot in a CQC battle

Bballjamal
06-25-2008, 03:44 PM
Best game on PS3...hands down..

Just got done beating Raging Raven..M60 + Sniper = Easy win

D.Choe
06-25-2008, 09:52 PM
ive been experimenting with different ways of getting the no alerts/no kills but i managed to do it on solid normal

im gonna try big boss hard and the boss extreme later cause this was tough to do

Schugg
06-28-2008, 02:05 AM
im on Crying Mantis right now, that ***** is hard to beat

assuming you got it by now, but it all depends on how you try to get it, i tried and tried and could get it, tried a different technique and got it in under 5 mins. my problem right now is i beat the game (yes like the one guy said cqc with liq is a *****, but there is a easier way for that too.), and your supposed to be able to play through again with all your weapons and you get them after you meet mk.II in act I, i didnt get mine. pretty sure i loaded my last game before i started a new game. do i have to do it on a harder difficulty than previous playthough for that? i did the highest unlocked and now im going to run through on easy, then extreme, its a joke compared to big boss....but then i realized i didnt get my guns from mkII and quit do i have to go to a higher difficulty or something?

D.Choe
06-28-2008, 01:03 PM
assuming you got it by now, but it all depends on how you try to get it, i tried and tried and could get it, tried a different technique and got it in under 5 mins. my problem right now is i beat the game (yes like the one guy said cqc with liq is a *****, but there is a easier way for that too.), and your supposed to be able to play through again with all your weapons and you get them after you meet mk.II in act I, i didnt get mine. pretty sure i loaded my last game before i started a new game. do i have to do it on a harder difficulty than previous playthough for that? i did the highest unlocked and now im going to run through on easy, then extreme, its a joke compared to big boss....but then i realized i didnt get my guns from mkII and quit do i have to go to a higher difficulty or something?

as long as you load your new game using the latest save that says Epilogue: The End all your DP and acquired weapons should carry over

when you meet up w/ mk. II it won't show the items you got i.e. stealth camo/bandanna you have to go to the menu and go to Items and equip them, as for the weapons wait until you meet up w/ Drebin and they'll be there

also just make sure if you're doing the no kills/no alerts that you get the 3 packs of chaff grenades throughout the game cause it makes it A LOT easier for the Scarabs/Gekkos in Act 4

AND you can kill the Beast form with lethal weapons for the no kill run but you won't be able to collect the statues to get the Solar Gun

Schugg
06-28-2008, 04:17 PM
as long as you load your new game using the latest save that says Epilogue: The End all your DP and acquired weapons should carry over

when you meet up w/ mk. II it won't show the items you got i.e. stealth camo/bandanna you have to go to the menu and go to Items and equip them, as for the weapons wait until you meet up w/ Drebin and they'll be there

also just make sure if you're doing the no kills/no alerts that you get the 3 packs of chaff grenades throughout the game cause it makes it A LOT easier for the Scarabs/Gekkos in Act 4

AND you can kill the Beast form with lethal weapons for the no kill run but you won't be able to collect the statues to get the Solar Gun

alright thanks, but why cant you get the statues? i thought that the statues for each beast didnt show up until you got the beauty out of the beast form and while she was chasing you, you had to go find it. im not really sure what i want to do, i can either go through on easy so i can get some more stuff unlocked, or just go for the big boss emblem on extreme or whatever

Da_unknown
06-28-2008, 04:29 PM
i just finished beating it...

Grimm Reeper
07-01-2008, 03:32 PM
Best game on PS3...hands down..

Just got done beating Raging Raven..M60 + Sniper = Easy win

Non Lethal FTW and get the doll or something special, it's been like that on every MGS game. Plus it's more of a challenge for, because it takes a **** load of tranquilizer to get the fukker down.

I don't know because all I use are Non Lethal on the bosses, but do you still get their face camo if you kill them straight up :thinking:

boostleak
07-01-2008, 10:43 PM
ok so me and my buddy just beat it last night and i must say it was very, very epic. especially the last battle between Solid Snake and Liquid Ocelot right...I beat that **** my self foo.... you went to sleep and watched... and missed some of the best parts! :goodjob:

AlanŽ
08-01-2008, 07:06 PM
So I finally picked up my PS3 like 3 weeks ago been working like crazy so really havent been able to play but i put in some serious time and now i'm in outer haven protecting that stupid chick can't remember her name campbells daughter. I have been playing these since they came out on PS and this one is by far the best. I'm probably going to go out and get all the old ones and play them all over again just because of this.

Who thought the old PS1 insert was cool? I know I did. Amazing how far gaming has come in 9 years