PDA

View Full Version : Power Mods P72 head for B16?

speedminded
03-18-2005, 06:55 PM
ok, what it comes down to is I want to build up my engine... I have a spare P72 w/ 37k miles I'd like to trade for a B16 head + whatever else I can get, if anything....i want to replace the valve train and cams *hint hint vteckidd* but trying to keep the cost down. $800-900 sounds good but I don't have a clue how much on machining the head (probably easily $1,200-2k)....i know it's pretty much however much I'd want to spend. Damn, this is gonna get expensive quick....especially since I want to build an ITB setup then would need some way to tune everything. A standalone would be another grand but i think I know where I can get a used hondata setup pretty cheap. Just think, do all that work and still only be running a DC 4 to 1 header...there goes another $1k-1,300 for a good header. i don't think i have enough things to sell to pay for it all, actually besides the car I'm pretty sure I don't. grrr.

I wonder what I could sell my 25k mile complete P73 for once everything was done?

Vteckidd
03-18-2005, 09:46 PM
Its Easy man, im in the process of builing a bone stock GSR bottom end for that will make 200whp.

heres what i would do if i was you, and this is what i reccomend him and what i can get it for you.

1) SMSP 4-2-1 Header-$650 shipped
RMF NarrowSTyle header 4-1-$675 shipped
You can keep AC with both of these headers, and they are 15+whp headers. I get them direct from Dave at SMSP or Randy rom RMF

2) Rocket Motorsports M22xx Camshafts and Dual Valvesprings and titaium retainers good for 12k rpms-$850 shipped (come with Rocket Motorsports Spark Plugs and ROcket Motorsports custom ECU Map)

3) Headwork, $1000 , SRZ Racing/DFE Enterprises, Port,polish,bowl work,valvejob, Omnipower Valves (.3 bump in compression), includes setting up the valvetrain and assembly of the head.

4) Conversion harness to OBD1-$90, OBD1 GSR ECU-$150, Chipping and socketing ECU for Uberdata $80. FUCK hondata and EMS, run Uberdata, much better system IMO that is constantly updated. Same functions as Hondata (timing, fuel launch control etc).

5) RPM service 70mm Throttle Body $330

with this youll make 200+whp, I guarantee it

PM me if you have any questions