PDA

View Full Version : Clayton taxpayers should pick up the bill for Fayette police operations

TIGERJC
06-09-2008, 02:36 PM
Police chases down 314 is happening atleast twice a week (That I know of). I bet atleast 70-80% of the people arrested in Fayette county are from other counties.

The only reason why I even posted this, is because on my way to the post office I saw Fayette county unmark cars block in a fleeing car. I am making assumption that the teens were from Clayton county b/c of the car's tag. Stuff like this is making my mom think about moving out of Fayette county and head to the northside, mainly b/c Fayette county property taxes/ taxes in general keep going up while Fayette county quality keeps going down.

So my question is, should counties whose residents commit crimes in other counties be reasonable for the cost to prosecute and imprison the individual?

AlanŽ
06-09-2008, 03:09 PM
Police chases down 314 is happening atleast twice a week (That I know of). I bet atleast 70-80% of the people arrested in Fayette county are from other counties.

The only reason why I even posted this, is because on my way to the post office I saw Fayette county unmark cars block in a fleeing car. I am making assumption that the teens were from Clayton county b/c of the car's tag. Stuff like this is making my mom think about moving out of Fayette county and head to the northside, mainly b/c Fayette county property taxes/ taxes in general keep going up while Fayette county quality keeps going down.

So my question is, should counties whose residents commit crimes in other counties be reasonable for the cost to prosecute and imprison the individual?

IDK. Honestly that's a good question. I think that if a chase starts in clay co and ends in fayette or fayette county executes a warrant for a wanted clayco suspect in fayette county they should but IDK what to think in regards to your question. Ever sicne I moved in with my dad in PTC and then moved into the new house in tyrone I honestly stay out of fayetteville for the most part.

Do you know how this school cituation effects fayette taxes?

TIGERJC
06-09-2008, 03:12 PM
what school situation??

AlanŽ
06-09-2008, 03:18 PM
what school situation??
the clay co kids comin to fayette schools how does that work? Who's payin for it etc.?

TIGERJC
06-09-2008, 03:25 PM
the clay co kids comin to fayette schools how does that work? Who's payin for it etc.?
Fayette county, or are you talking about that voucher system. I do know Fayette county school system will prosecute any parent that doesn't live in Fayette county that sends their kid to Fayette county school.