PDA

View Full Version : Misc Anything actually work for acne?

HyPer50
08-21-2005, 08:19 PM
I'm sure lots of folks are probably gonna laugh but whatever... I'm sure I'm not the only one on here with acne lol... Anyone know of any OTC products that actually work to prevent and clear up acne? Mine isn't nearly as bad as it was when I was a teenager, but still at 22 I get it moderatly... I've tried just about everything, and nothin' works... Anyone had any luck with anything? I'm basically stuck with over the counter products since i dont have insurance... can't go the doctor for a prescription or anything lol... And I assume this is the right section.... or closest to it.

ironchef
08-21-2005, 10:00 PM
Benzoyl peroxide usually works pretty good, and its available in that natures cure stuff i believe. Saw it on tv the other day, also some nutrigina sp? products contain it, although not 100% positive.

Eli
08-22-2005, 12:22 AM
have you tried proactiv?

SwiftGTiRacer
08-22-2005, 04:46 AM
I heard proactiv is good as well.

Swifty

AtifSajid
08-22-2005, 07:46 AM
I just make sure I wash my face with soap atleast 3X a day, and keep the sweat off of it. Usually its sweat that doesnt get washed that causes acne...we'll atleast thats my case...

SwiftGTiRacer
08-22-2005, 01:00 PM
washing your face 3x's a day isn't good. I talked to a dermitoligist about this. He said your body creates a natural oil. If you wash your face more than about 2 times a day then your skin will dry out. Doing that cause your body to think you need more oil. So it will end up adding more oil than needed, which in return cause some acne. But i guess what ever works for you, keep doing it.

Swifty

chuck
08-22-2005, 03:13 PM
...wash your face with cold water too, not hot...don't scrub either...hot water and scrubbing dry out your face even more and irritate the skin

but why not just see a dermatologist(sp)??

B16a2 Civic
08-22-2005, 03:15 PM
my friends sister used to have acne...she used proactiv and that shit worked.

HyPer50
08-22-2005, 05:38 PM
...wash your face with cold water too, not hot...don't scrub either...hot water and scrubbing dry out your face even more and irritate the skin

but why not just see a dermatologist(sp)??

Cause I dont have insurance... so that'd cost me a whole lot.

C22H19N3O4
08-22-2005, 09:58 PM
What are you currently using? How much are you willing to budget for healthy skin?

HyPer50
08-22-2005, 11:18 PM
I use that "natures cure" stuff occasionally. neutrogena "on the spot" occasionally. and clearasil face wash every time i take a shower (1-2 times a day)... If something really worked, I'd be willing to put some money into it... not crazy money ($50+) but some.

Kevykev
08-23-2005, 01:07 AM
Don't forget to drink H20!

As prev. stated 10% Bezoyl Peroxide does the job.

blurred visions
09-08-2005, 02:25 AM
My girlfriend works for Clinique at the mall and they have a nice selection of face stuff for men. She gave me samples and my face nearly cleared up. I dont have acne, but I do get the occasional bumps here and there. Try using there face products, its not too pricey but it can be. It's all about clensing your face. You will need a face scrub to do maybe 2 times a week. This will unclog your poors. Clinique has it all, go check them out.

Danny
09-20-2005, 04:14 PM
bringin this thread back to life!! :D

read proactives website, its very informative. I dont have acne, but i do use proactive, makes the skin overall clearer if u use it at 1 time a day, sometimes 2. Cant be bashful when using the product either. Also, for oily skin proactive has a oil controlling lotion, which is nice. The mask they have is nice too.

AtifSajid
09-21-2005, 03:12 PM
No wonder you been lookin kinda sexy lately Danny...

blurred visions
09-21-2005, 09:03 PM
Proactive isn't all that good. I have not used it, but from friends I have heard bad things. Proper skin care is how to rid acne, if you have an oil problem, like my italian ass, then you will need an oil control that is just right for you. I believe Clinique does have different types of oil control since some people range in how much oil their face produces.