View Full Version : Power Mods Balance Shaft Eliminator Kits

Humphrizzle
06-09-2008, 01:30 AM
Need more advice from experts.

Bored .2 over to 2.4
H22A4
Zero miles on the rebuild
140,000 miles on the car

What I am worried about is the balance shafts are knocking and was told that all that was needed to be done was install a Balance Shaft Eliminator Kit from Kaizenspeed.com

BALANCE SHAFT ELIMINATORS
Our balance shaft eliminator kit includes ALL necessary parts to cleanly eliminate your balance shafts for ALL H-series and F-series engines! Our full kit includes:

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b226/97accordjdm/36-m.jpg

-Billet aluminum blockoff plate
-Billet steel crankshaft spacer
-All necessary plugs to maintain and increase oil pressure by blocking balance shaft bearings (without removing them)
-Billet aluminum plugs for the oil pump
-Step-by-step illustrated instructions

Still sitting here confused wondering about how to and why the balance shafts should be eliminated [blocked].

HELP MY STUPID BRAIN COMPREHEND!!!

Thanks to anyone who can help!

all-mota
06-09-2008, 07:00 AM
all the do is decrease vibrations from the engine at idle to make them feel smoother. it has absolutly nothing to do with the performance of the engine

MSRTom
06-09-2008, 08:08 AM
Right. If your rotating assembly is properly balanced before assembly, it really shouldn't be too harsh of a vibration anyway.

I'm not too familiar with Honda balance shafts, but the eliminator kit looks like it's necessary if you want to remove the shaft, unlike a 3.8/4.2 Ford where you can just remove it and the cog that turns it via the cam.

If the balance shaft was added as an afterthought (like the Ford motor), it's a safe bet that you can remove it somehow without adding additional hardware.

If you want to same some weight (I assume), go for it.

EmminoDaGreat
06-09-2008, 09:39 AM
Those Kaizen speed ones work well, hard to take the shafts out w/ motor in car, but can be done. You are going to have to drop the crank girdle and do some plugging etc.

allmotoronly
06-09-2008, 12:10 PM
I would recommend stronger motor mounts if you decide to eliminate the balancer shafts. The engine will vibrate MUCH more at idle without them. It will ruin stock mounts pretty quick.

xdavidscenex
06-09-2008, 03:49 PM
I would recommend stronger motor mounts if you decide to eliminate the balancer shafts. The engine will vibrate MUCH more at idle without them. It will ruin stock mounts pretty quick.

x2:goodjob: