PDA

View Full Version : srt-4 vs twin turbo 350z

05stonewhite
06-08-2008, 05:55 PM
I rode all the way up from centre al last nite looking for a good race and i found one... the second race got cut a little short bc i blew all vac lines off my TB... but all in all good races :bigok: would like to do it again sometimehttp://videos.streetfire.net/video/50-trim-srt-vs-twin-turbo_165144.htm

SX-MAN
06-08-2008, 06:00 PM
um........idk what vid got loaded but its def not a race vid :thinking:

jk...its working now :D

WhiteAccord
06-08-2008, 06:01 PM
Good vid mang, what numbers are you putting on the NEON?

allmotorX
06-08-2008, 06:03 PM
wtf???

allmotorX
06-08-2008, 06:06 PM
wtf???my bad it works now

b16EG-HaTcH
06-08-2008, 06:28 PM
nice races.that srt-4 looks like a beast. BTW what song is that playing in the vid.??

05stonewhite
06-08-2008, 06:37 PM
i havent dynod yet but should be about 420... eve to adam 151

Dirka Dirka
06-08-2008, 06:38 PM
Not too shabby...wish i would have drove up there now

SX-MAN
06-08-2008, 06:47 PM
Not too shabby...wish i would have drove up there now

Ya there were mad cars up there........

Dirka Dirka
06-08-2008, 06:55 PM
Thats what 05 stonewhite said...next week my poor little na honda will be there :)

onebadgt
06-08-2008, 08:32 PM
nice srt. and some great runs

SpooL'DGsR
06-08-2008, 09:01 PM
that was some good runs. how much power is the z making ???

3.5altman
06-08-2008, 09:40 PM
yep indeed some god runs, Second run was like side by side. :boobies:

OnURleft
06-08-2008, 09:56 PM
once again the claimed 600whp+ Z looses?

05stonewhite
06-08-2008, 10:33 PM
that was some good runs. how much power is the z making ???

he said like 470 on low boost and 6 something on high boost

05stonewhite
06-08-2008, 10:34 PM
yep indeed some god runs, Second run was like side by side. :boobies:

I know to bad i blew those vac lines off i was about to pull by... that z dropes off bad at 120 or so

05stonewhite
06-08-2008, 10:35 PM
Thats what 05 stonewhite said...next week my poor little na honda will be there :)

Im coming back up there with u

MoFo
06-08-2008, 10:38 PM
it took you guys a min to actually start running lol and 30 secs on the second one? either way good runs. i was at the bp saturday and notice the guy in the z has a ton of spit dripping from his balls by his nut swingers. when his z isn't as bad as he claims it is. nice runs once again.

T.S.
06-09-2008, 05:17 AM
No offense to the Z guy but he got spanked again. I think he needs to just lay low for a little bit. :2cents:

ueyedgr8tness
06-09-2008, 08:22 AM
once again the claimed 600whp+ Z looses?

that was my point for calling him out,but oh well that race will never happen good run with the srt4 the 50trim is a nice quick spoolin turbo that lays down very nice numbers i wish i would of kept mine and went 50trim:(

jumpin800agl
06-09-2008, 08:41 AM
No offense to the Z guy but he got spanked again. I think he needs to just lay low for a little bit. :2cents:
It seems to me on the first run the Z guy was not shifting very fast:smileowne . Good runs overall and congrats to the OP.

05stonewhite
06-09-2008, 12:40 PM
It seems to me on the first run the Z guy was not shifting very fast:smileowne . Good runs overall and congrats to the OP.

Yeah it didnt seem like the guy could drive he was shifting slow the second race to... i dont know why it dropped off at 130 either i would pull right by him after that

05stonewhite
06-09-2008, 12:41 PM
that was my point for calling him out,but oh well that race will never happen good run with the srt4 the 50trim is a nice quick spoolin turbo that lays down very nice numbers i wish i would of kept mine and went 50trim:(

Hey i would like to run your bike iv been wanting to run one for awhile... what where the terms again

S II K
06-09-2008, 12:52 PM
wow the guy in the Z granny shifted like a motherfukcer.

jumpin800agl
06-09-2008, 01:40 PM
Yeah it didnt seem like the guy could drive he was shifting slow the second race to... i dont know why it dropped off at 130 either i would pull right by him after that
I would say part of it is his driving and the other part is the powerband. Most TT 350's have great mid range power but the power curve falls off the closer you get to redline unless cams or a Cosworth plenum are used.

jumpin800agl
06-09-2008, 01:44 PM
yeah he needs to stop racing and go practice or get some time in at a track before embarrassing himself and the rest of the Z owners around here.:ninja:

T.S.
06-09-2008, 01:53 PM
yeah he needs to stop racing and go practice or get some time in at a track before embarrassing himself and the rest of the Z owners around here.:ninja:

Well i mean im not trying to be a **** at all. And i love to have fun in my audi. But if your going to have a 600+ wheel horsepower car. Atleast practice with it before you get out there and start racing people and start talking about how big and bad it is. I dont have a 600+ wheel horsepower car, but i still try to work on my launches and my shifting whenever i can to make it as smooth as i can. Its just part of driving a car.

600+ horsepower don't mean **** if you cant drive it. just my :2cents:

sounds like someone just has to much money! :rolleyes:

jumpin800agl
06-09-2008, 01:58 PM
Well i mean im not trying to be a **** at all. And i love to have fun in my audi. But if your going to have a 600+ wheel horsepower car. Atleast practice with it before you get out there and start racing people and start talking about how big and bad it is. I dont have a 600+ wheel horsepower car, but i still try to work on my launches and my shifting whenever i can to make it as smooth as i can. Its just part of driving a car.

600+ horsepower don't mean **** if you cant drive it. just my :2cents:

sounds like someone just has to much money! :rolleyes:
Yeah I am a firm believer that adding more HP is nothing but a bandaid. I will admit I may not be the fastest driver out there but I am certainly not the worst and I do practice alot so I am comfortable with my set up. In his case he has lost 2 roll on races that by rights he should have won. He got owned by better drivers. Judging by the shifts in this video he should have bought an automatic.

jumpin800agl
06-09-2008, 01:59 PM
To the OP, I am assuming the Z owner was running in his low boost map of 480 whp right? And you have about 400 whp?

ueyedgr8tness
06-09-2008, 03:41 PM
Hey i would like to run your bike iv been wanting to run one for awhile... what where the terms again

no can do son.. If u would of read the thread i created was originally just for the z because i didnt think he was putting down 600whp in that video against the bikes.Don't get me wrong i love running but after the winder crew acted the way they did when i showed up i think its best that i only run ppl i no for right now just so i don't get the HS drama going on again:goodjob: mabye 1 day we can line them up.But i don't really like racing the bike just because i can't afford for something to go wrong with it:( and i love the srt4 man its nice u need to run that other white srt4 that rides around with chads old setup just to see what the outcome is 50trim vs what ever that turbo he has on his.

T.S.
06-09-2008, 07:04 PM
Yeah I am a firm believer that adding more HP is nothing but a bandaid. I will admit I may not be the fastest driver out there but I am certainly not the worst and I do practice alot so I am comfortable with my set up. In his case he has lost 2 roll on races that by rights he should have won. He got owned by better drivers. Judging by the shifts in this video he should have bought an automatic.

Drive mode is where its at... Yeah he could have bought an Autotragic and had it built to hold the power for the money he probably has in his motor and still had decent power. But to each his own! Im not going to beat a dead horse... Peace! :cheers:

Turbodude06
06-09-2008, 07:39 PM
Either way very impressive on your part, you still held with a TT350Z after all your just a neon:goodjob: ..... LOL:D don't feel bad I have the same motor in my PT........

05stonewhite
06-10-2008, 01:26 AM
To the OP, I am assuming the Z owner was running in his low boost map of 480 whp right? And you have about 400 whp?

Yeah thats wat he told me... yes i should be making just over 400

05stonewhite
06-10-2008, 01:28 AM
no can do son.. If u would of read the thread i created was originally just for the z because i didnt think he was putting down 600whp in that video against the bikes.Don't get me wrong i love running but after the winder crew acted the way they did when i showed up i think its best that i only run ppl i no for right now just so i don't get the HS drama going on again:goodjob: mabye 1 day we can line them up.But i don't really like racing the bike just because i can't afford for something to go wrong with it:( and i love the srt4 man its nice u need to run that other white srt4 that rides around with chads old setup just to see what the outcome is 50trim vs what ever that turbo he has on his.

Yeah i understand... i think i may have seen that car out last sat does it have black rims... he asked me to race next time i came up

ueyedgr8tness
06-10-2008, 09:30 AM
Yeah i understand... i think i may have seen that car out last sat does it have black rims... he asked me to race next time i came up

I think there blk with a polished lip:thinking: not sure but it might be a good race if he can get some driven lessons.

jumpin800agl
06-10-2008, 10:33 AM
Yeah thats wat he told me... yes i should be making just over 400
good kill then definitely. Do you know how much torque you are making? Judging by HP you and I might be a even race, but I think you will pull up top judging from the video. I did 405 whp on a Dyno Dynamics.

05stonewhite
06-11-2008, 06:08 PM
[QUOTE=jumpin800agl]good kill then definitely. Do you know how much torque you are making? Judging by HP you and I might be a even race, but I think you will pull up top judging from the video. I did 405 whp on a Dyno Dynamics.[/QUOTE

yeah sounds like a good race... i should be making about the same torque maybe a little more

JR VQ 30 de
06-11-2008, 06:31 PM
not try to bash on the srt4 but the tt350z guy seem like he wasnt shifting right

05stonewhite
06-11-2008, 08:21 PM
not try to bash on the srt4 but the tt350z guy seem like he wasnt shifting right

yeah the guy couldnt really drive

jumpin800agl
06-11-2008, 08:39 PM
yeah the guy couldnt really drive
being an SRT 4 owner, have you heard of a WOT box for no lift shifting? It seems popular with the SRT crowd and they are just coming out for the 350z. I think I am about to buy one.

05stonewhite
06-11-2008, 09:22 PM
being an SRT 4 owner, have you heard of a WOT box for no lift shifting? It seems popular with the SRT crowd and they are just coming out for the 350z. I think I am about to buy one.

Yeah i have they make the wot/tcs for my car... iv only heard good stuff about it but i dont think i will buy one anytime soon i have to much other stuff i need to get b4 then and i can wot shift now anyways

jumpin800agl
06-12-2008, 11:39 AM
Yeah i have they make the wot/tcs for my car... iv only heard good stuff about it but i dont think i will buy one anytime soon i have to much other stuff i need to get b4 then and i can wot shift now anywaysyeah I plan on buying one soon. They are only 300 bucks for the WOT box and that also includes a 2 step firm ware update. I would love to be able to flatfoot shift without worrying about my transmission. Not losing boost will help alot.

05stonewhite
06-12-2008, 02:17 PM
yeah it will make a big diff

DirtyMechanic
06-12-2008, 02:22 PM
yeah I plan on buying one soon. They are only 300 bucks for the WOT box and that also includes a 2 step firm ware update. I would love to be able to flatfoot shift without worrying about my transmission. Not losing boost will help alot. umm i would advise not to tim... have you heard of alberto breaking 3 trannys no lift shifting.... he lifts to shift now.

jumpin800agl
06-12-2008, 02:27 PM
umm i would advise not to tim... have you heard of alberto breaking 3 trannys no lift shifting.... he lifts to shift now.
Which is why I don't do it now. The WOT box cuts the ignition for a specified time when shifting at WOT to keep the synchros safe. It is adjustable from 10m/s to 700m/s. Some people should have some reviews soon. Julian@MRC has one on his car now and loves it. A few people have purchased them and are awaiting shipment to test them.

01CDMLUDER
06-12-2008, 03:26 PM
yeah i see that 350z kid up at sonics all the time and everone is on his nutz! just b/c u've got alot of money and HP doesn't mean u can drive it! deff needs the driver mod! still i would of liked to seen a race from a dead stop or track even! props 2 the srt owner!

Ronsam2006
06-12-2008, 05:07 PM
Good runs.

OnURleft
06-12-2008, 05:17 PM
wow the guy in the Z granny shifted like a motherfukcer.

i know right. Let's just say :cheers: to another video representing the Z drivers skills.

Z33_kid
06-16-2008, 11:34 PM
nice ....he needs to sell the kit n give me the money lol

jumpin800agl
06-17-2008, 01:03 AM
nice ....he needs to sell the kit n give me the money lol
take his motor and kit:D

Firebird98
06-22-2008, 11:45 PM
i really dont know why all yall like to talk ****..the 350Z is ten times better and faster then any of yalls car.

Firebird98
06-22-2008, 11:48 PM
I just really dont think that any of yall would be able to drive that car...yet afford it. So maybe yall need to shut up and get a car and race him if you want to talk about it.

DirtyMechanic
06-23-2008, 01:08 AM
I just really dont think that any of yall would be able to drive that car...yet afford it. So maybe yall need to shut up and get a car and race him if you want to talk about it. i worked at forged which built that car. and ive driven much faster cars than that... and you know what... roughly 600whp is a Z doesnt feel very fast... and that guy... doesnt know how to drive...

before you call out people about how much they can and cant afford wtf do you drive a 98 pos f-body?

3.5altman
06-23-2008, 05:07 AM
OHH SNAP

T.S.
06-23-2008, 09:06 AM
i worked at forged which built that car. and ive driven much faster cars than that... and you know what... roughly 600whp is a Z doesnt feel very fast... and that guy... doesnt know how to drive...

before you call out people about how much they can and cant afford wtf do you drive a 98 pos f-body?

Cue the Prodigy Music "Smack the ***** up WOHOO!" haha :taun:

2.3 Evo 8
06-23-2008, 09:09 AM
Sure wish I could afford such an exotic like a treefittyZ. I never see them driving around either.

GGPIS3
06-23-2008, 10:50 AM
I just really dont think that any of yall would be able to drive that car...yet afford it. So maybe yall need to shut up and get a car and race him if you want to talk about it.

lol.. are you serious? :screwy: :lmfao:

GGPIS3
06-23-2008, 10:51 AM
i really dont know why all yall like to talk ****..the 350Z is ten times better and faster then any of yalls car.

no seriously, are you serious? LMAO :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

T.S.
06-23-2008, 10:55 AM
no seriously, are you serious? LMAO :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

Hey give him a break maybe he knows something we dont.... :ninja:

GGPIS3
06-23-2008, 10:55 AM
its clearly obvious that he does not know how to race. maybe he thinks his car is faster than what it is... so once he pulls a little, he takes it easy thinking his car will prevail.. meantime, the other car is going all out and momentum takes over. by then its too late for the 350 and in the end... a win is a win. lol

either way you look at it... the 350 keeps losing to cars it "should" be beating... so whats that say about the driver? and the car? might not be able to blame the car... could all be the drivers fault. the car may be quick, but if the driver can't drive it right... doesn't matter how much power it makes.

SX-MAN
06-23-2008, 01:26 PM
last time i lookd the 350 was a nose ahead when they shut down..

its clearly obvious that he does not know how to race. maybe he thinks his car is faster than what it is... so once he pulls a little, he takes it easy thinking his car will prevail.. meantime, the other car is going all out and momentum takes over. by then its too late for the 350 and in the end... a win is a win. lol

either way you look at it... the 350 keeps losing to cars it "should" be beating... so whats that say about the driver? and the car? might not be able to blame the car... could all be the drivers fault. the car may be quick, but if the driver can't drive it right... doesn't matter how much power it makes.

T.S.
06-23-2008, 01:40 PM
last time i lookd the 350 was a nose ahead when they shut down..

not to start a pissing match but wasn't that the second run when the Neon had something go wrong?

SX-MAN
06-23-2008, 01:47 PM
yes very true but they both said the z had it till 140... well the 1st race was only till 140 so win be default pretty much and the 2nd the z won cuz the vacume lines on the srt...

not to start a pissing match but wasn't that the second run when the Neon had something go wrong?

SX-MAN
06-23-2008, 01:50 PM
i was just stating to this guy "GGPIS3" that really the Z won so he didnt get beat by a car he should have won against. and what cars are you talking about he should have beatn?

T.S.
06-23-2008, 01:58 PM
yes very true but they both said the z had it till 140... well the 1st race was only till 140 so win be default pretty much and the 2nd the z won cuz the vacume lines on the srt...

I know i follow you. I understand completely. I just think this guy(i dont know him) should probably take some driving lessons, or something. I havent seen him race all i have seen are video's. And a car with his amount of power should have walked that Neon. Or atleast I would believe should have.

GGPIS3
06-23-2008, 03:27 PM
i was just stating to this guy "GGPIS3" that really the Z won so he didnt get beat by a car he should have won against. and what cars are you talking about he should have beatn?

based on the vid.. it looked like the srt pulled the 350 in the first vid. so after seeing that and also seeing the same 350 lose to boris' s4 makes me think the guy can't drive. thats all.

DirtyMechanic
06-23-2008, 07:02 PM
based on the vid.. it looked like the srt pulled the 350 in the first vid. so after seeing that and also seeing the same 350 lose to boris' s4 makes me think the guy can't drive. thats all. I deff have to agree with this because the weekend after boris ran him was a forged dyno day and i asked sharif what kind of power and if it had a built block he said it was a full build... 18psi with race gas with a f-con is roughly 600whp on a Dyno Dynamics or very close to it.... if this guy was really at 18psi and the race gas we deff all smelled he soooo should have walked boris like it he was a civic... but boris... pulled... soo that equals to me that he cant drive and cant tell he was spinning which he deff was...

then a few weeks later he showed up at BP with R888s.... i guess word got around to him that he was spinning.... lol even though he said he didnt.

jumpin800agl
06-23-2008, 07:58 PM
then a few weeks later he showed up at BP with R888s.... i guess word got around to him that he was spinning.... lol even though he said he didnt.
well atleast he took the advice and bought better tires.

DirtyMechanic
06-23-2008, 08:21 PM
well atleast he took the advice and bought better tires.i dont think anyone told him... i think it was people ragging on him about him spinning but saying he didnt...

GGPIS3
06-23-2008, 08:39 PM
^^ hah.. i bet it was the fact that he came out to BP saying he'd run ANYONE for $500. and then finally someone stepped up, boki. he said he would run for 100 from a roll but mr 350z said he would only run for 500 from a roll. seeing that mr 350z was on race gas and boki was on pump.. he decides to agree to a $500 race, but from a dig. we thought we had a race, but mr 350z declines the dig run. they finally agree to a $200 roll run after about an hour of bs.

in the end... you already know the outcome.. boki takes the W and the $200.

if i were talking all that smack saying i would run ANYONE for $500.. and then LOSE.. LOL... i would make sure to go and buy some stickier tires too.. ;)

SX-MAN
06-23-2008, 09:02 PM
idk what boost he was at when he ran boris. but when he ran the srt he ask what boost he should run... i told him med. so it was around 500....but ya we told him for a while he should get some good rubbers.....

Firebird98
06-24-2008, 12:20 AM
Well Im not saying that i can afford it, but he is my friend and its just dumb to talk about ppl. Im not saying that u cant afford it or cant drive it, but thats just really dumb to talk about other ppl when u just dont know them. and who cares wat i drive..im not tryin to race no one...

DirtyMechanic
06-24-2008, 01:33 AM
^^ hah.. i bet it was the fact that he came out to BP saying he'd run ANYONE for $500. and then finally someone stepped up, boki. he said he would run for 100 from a roll but mr 350z said he would only run for 500 from a roll. seeing that mr 350z was on race gas and boki was on pump.. he decides to agree to a $500 race, but from a dig. we thought we had a race, but mr 350z declines the dig run. they finally agree to a $200 roll run after about an hour of bs.

in the end... you already know the outcome.. boki takes the W and the $200.

if i were talking all that smack saying i would run ANYONE for $500.. and then LOSE.. LOL... i would make sure to go and buy some stickier tires too.. ;) yeah i was there... i went over has asked what kind of boost he was running with that race gas... since i saw the forged sticker and F-con navigator sticker in the rear side window i had an idea of what hes making... i asked running 18lbs... since i saw/smelled race gas and a greddy kit 18psi is usually what sharif tunes too... which is roughly the 600whp or close to it that i thought... that why i was telling boris not to race for money because he should have walked him like no other... since we really didnt know what boris was at but other than like 450ish... and a miuch heavier car... he should have surely lost... but... fast car no driving skills vs... well boris.... doesnt mean youll always win...

Well Im not saying that i can afford it, but he is my friend and its just dumb to talk about ppl. Im not saying that u cant afford it or cant drive it, but thats just really dumb to talk about other ppl when u just dont know them. and who cares wat i drive..im not tryin to race no one... well if you know him.... tell him to drive his car a little more... a lot more on pump then switch to race gas when he can drive the pump gas maps to their potential... oh and a 4.2 stroker that he tried to get sharif to order for him the next day wont make up for lack of skills...

Ronsam2006
06-24-2008, 02:36 AM
Wow...uber slow shifting.

SpoolBus
06-24-2008, 02:50 PM
Man I Hate it when you take a Shiznit and your ass itches....
Anyway.....

Firebird98
06-25-2008, 02:48 PM
well anyway the 350z won the first race. i was def. in the car and the neon was behide us the whole time..till 140, thats when the z slowed down b/c they were only suppose to go to 140. but anyway...the second time..something messed up on the other car. im not talkin crap about it either. b/c there both nice cars. i just really hate how all these ppl like to talk about other ppl. but watever.

GGPIS3
06-25-2008, 03:07 PM
^^ hahaa it is what it is.. im not saying the 350z guy is a **** or a bad person or anything like that. just saying, based on what i've seen... he doesn't know how to get the most of his car. im sure a little more seat time and he will do just fine. no need to get your panties all bunched up over a few peoples' observations.

Evolunchbox
06-25-2008, 03:13 PM
Edit... just watched the video

DirtyMechanic
06-25-2008, 04:41 PM
well anyway the 350z won the first race. i was def. in the car and the neon was behide us the whole time..till 140, thats when the z slowed down b/c they were only suppose to go to 140. but anyway...the second time..something messed up on the other car. im not talkin crap about it either. b/c there both nice cars. i just really hate how all these ppl like to talk about other ppl. but watever. ok first your telling everyone that we all could only dream of owning a nice car like his... a 305z that is... the new civic aka the new 240sx... then you compare it to a dodge neon... sorry SRT-4... get your story straight... then come back to us and stop back pedaling...

SX-MAN
06-25-2008, 06:31 PM
WOW this forum gets brutal..................

SX-MAN
06-25-2008, 06:41 PM
i think she ment nice as in,,,, they both have alot of time and money in their car. :D :2cents: just my thought on it.

ok first your telling everyone that we all could only dream of owning a nice car like his... a 305z that is... the new civic aka the new 240sx... then you compare it to a dodge neon... sorry SRT-4... get your story straight... then come back to us and stop back pedaling...

AnthonyF
06-25-2008, 08:07 PM
very nice man! SRT looks sick homey.

-Ant.

Firebird98
06-27-2008, 02:49 AM
yea. thats def what i meant. but watever! ha.