PDA

View Full Version : my car is stuck in Valet mode!!!!???!!!

JDMJAYDC2
06-08-2008, 08:03 AM
i didnt see a car alarm section so im thinking since most of the audio installers do alarms this would be a good place to ask this question.

i have a viper alarm and from what i was told from another person my car is in "valet mode" let me explain what has happend in the past week. Monday my car alarm stopped turning on and off with the corner lights like it normally did. I did nothing to cause this to my knowledge. On Wed. the chirp and the lights no longer came on when i turned the alarm on and off but the alarm will go off if you try to get in the car or lift the hood basically it does what its supposed to do. How do i get the alarm to function the way its supposed to do with the chirp sound and the lights to come one to let me know its armed. Im searching online now to find out as i dont know what model viper it is. Thinking if i leave the battery off for a while would that just reset it??

Any help would be great guys if not its off to hi fi buys to get them to look at it on monday

IntegraXTR
06-08-2008, 05:30 PM
If its a viper, or any other alarm, then there should be a valet button/switch. Most people put it under the driver side dash or kick panel. Just press and hold that button, and the car should be fine after that.

Also, disconnecting the negative terminal on the battery won't get it out of valet.

myyellowspec
06-08-2008, 07:55 PM
Yeah ^^^ just turn the key to ignition then off, then press the valet button and release, then turn the key to ignition then off. it should be good after that.

JDMJAYDC2
06-09-2008, 06:24 PM
took it to sound sensations in marietta they got it to chirp again but my lights wont come on when i alarm it and dis alarm it is there something else to make it work like it used to

osnap
06-09-2008, 09:17 PM
took it to sound sensations in marietta they got it to chirp again but my lights wont come on when i alarm it and dis alarm it is there something else to make it work like it used to
Talk to my buddy Chris there, he knows Viper inside and out.