PDA

View Full Version : General Chat Porsche Golf?

EJ25RUN
06-06-2008, 12:31 PM
http://rs6.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=6638&d=1212239469

Here's my opinion on this.

With becoming the most profitable brand in the world relative to how many cars they sell, Porsche is clearly pushing further and further from the pure sports car company. We saw the Cayenne in 03 and we will see the Panamera 4dr next year. It comes as no surprise to me that they are looking into the market for Euro sized fwd hatches. That's pretty much all they drive over there.

Most of you might be screaming bloody murder but consider this. Porsche is German. Not Italian. If Ferrari or Lambo were to do this, there really would be a problem. But a car wearing a Porsche badge is different. It just has to be the best at what it is. The 911 is the best sports cars in the world, the Boxster/Cayman is the best roadster/coupe in its class and the Cayenne is the only road based suv worth driving.

To really see what i'm saying, look at Porsche rivals. Yes, Ferrari, Aston, and Lamborghini pop up. But the real fight is with their cross town rivals: BMW, Mercedes Benz, and even cousin Audi.

A hatch going against the likes of BMW's one series, and Mercedes' C class would see good profit.

I will say that if Porsche were to do this, i dont want it to be a "Porsche-Golf" per say, but a totally Porsche way of building this car with true Porsche credentials of drivers car coming before anything else.

Ill finish by saying, with the position Porsche has today, i doubt this car will see production though.

http://www.egmcartech.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/05/porsche_golf_in_works.jpg

Elbow
06-07-2008, 11:09 AM
I like it, but FWD?

SouthSide Tay
06-07-2008, 11:14 AM
give us the hatch but keep the fwd and make it rwd or awd?

allmotoronly
06-07-2008, 11:50 AM
I like it, but FWD?

I read another article about this car that said a new compact AWD system was in the works for it. The article also said that the cayman base engine will be used, with a "S" model being offered with the same engine as the cayman S.

I read about it a few weeks ago, and can't seem to find the article...

EJ25RUN
06-07-2008, 02:09 PM
I like it, but FWD?

i really hope not, look at the bmw 1 and MB C class , they are rwd so i think it only makes sense for it to be rwd.

Frög
06-07-2008, 02:34 PM
hmmm that would be an awesome DD to go with the 993 or 997 turbo and Carrera GT in one's garage :yes:

JITB
06-07-2008, 05:42 PM
i dont think a porsche can function being fwd..lol But it still a neat car even if it is fwd, but i highly doubt it would be i couldnt see it. i wonder the price range of it..

Gorilla Eg!
06-07-2008, 08:35 PM
i would drive that car in a heartbeat!

Alan®
06-07-2008, 09:28 PM
ehhhh idk. doubt it would make it to productioin as well but would interesting to say the least. don't know how willing id be to pay for a 30k+ gti

OneSlow5pt0
06-07-2008, 10:55 PM
i dont think a porsche can function being fwd..lol But it still a neat car even if it is fwd, but i highly doubt it would be i couldnt see it. i wonder the price range of it..

why?just turn a 911 around,lol

GTScoob
06-15-2008, 01:01 AM
Looks like it would be more of a competitor to a Benz A or B class moreso than a C class, especially if they're going for a euro-hatch car. I still say its heresy, its going to be a halfassed porsche.

richbaker
06-25-2008, 03:21 AM
it looks clean and nice. i also like it but FWD? haha that is new! but seriously it looks clean and fly.