PDA

View Full Version : Misc Kayaking

allmotoronly
06-05-2008, 02:57 PM
Does anyone know any good places in GA to go kayaking? I would prefer somewhere with mild to moderate rapids, with a mild current (rivers mostly). I'm not looking for crazy expert rapids or anything, just something with a few fun spots and a fair current so I don't have to paddle my ass off. I would also prefer somewhere that has places to put in and out that are no more than 20 miles apart. I have a 10' Perception kayak that can handle most mild/moderate rapids, and likes water at least 8-10" deep (12" or more is easier to paddle in).

If any of you guys have paddled on the ocmulgee that runs through macon, I'm looking for something like that or better. The ocmulgee has some mild rapids north of macon, but turns slow, flat, shallow, and sandy after macon (which is pretty boring).

Also, if anyone knows any rivers that have places to camp along side that would be good too!

Reps for any useful info.

allmotoronly
06-07-2008, 06:14 PM
nobody?

The Youngn
06-07-2008, 08:20 PM
i'v ebeen wanting to go kayaking for the longest time. Friend of mine is going white water rafting soon and she showed me the pamphlet she had and the places are spilled all over tennesee and north GA. They had kayaking stuff on there too and they prices were cheap. Ill get more info or a website from her and ill let you know

allmotoronly
06-07-2008, 10:26 PM
cool thanks

slow_hatch
06-07-2008, 10:31 PM
I'm not sure of any down south, but the Cartecay in Ellijay is a good starter w/ some fun class II & III depending on the levels. Good put in and take out w/ shuttles on the weekends.

allmotoronly
06-07-2008, 11:50 PM
I'm not sure of any down south, but the Cartecay in Ellijay is a good starter w/ some fun class II & III depending on the levels. Good put in and take out w/ shuttles on the weekends.

cool thanks

reps

allmotoronly
06-10-2008, 07:50 PM
I neeeeds more info!!!