PDA

View Full Version : Misc 2 low!?

AyeJaye
06-04-2008, 09:55 PM
so yea. i got pulled over the other nite. officer jose said my car was too low. had my car for about 2 years. drove past cops all the time. never had a problem.:2up:

he didnt give me a 'ticket' cuz another car had went by, lower then mine. he started talkin in spanish to his spanish partner, then let me go. said get it fixed. haha. my cars not even that low. gwinnett cops is booboo.

has anyone else gotten pulled over for their car being 'too low'?? i think the cop was bored and wanted to mess with a black guy. or is that really against the law.

MistaCee
06-04-2008, 10:00 PM
It is against the law. Never been pulled over for it though.

toxxxic
06-04-2008, 10:02 PM
yeah supposidly you cant adjust the ride height more than 2 inches.

but umm what about all these rednecks riding around with 12 inch lifts on their trucks?

the popos just better be glad you didnt lower your CAR 12 inches.

cactusEG
06-04-2008, 10:05 PM
I remember seeing 2 guys at Phill getting tickets for having to low of a truck and to high of a truck...

MistaCee
06-04-2008, 10:09 PM
yeah supposidly you cant adjust the ride height more than 2 inches.

but umm what about all these rednecks riding around with 12 inch lifts on their trucks?

x2 Those monster trucks are way more dangerous than any lowered car.

csmiths
06-04-2008, 10:09 PM
the center of your headlights have to be 24" off the ground, and the tail lights have to be 15" off the ground, unless you have oem suspension. i was told mine was illegal, then he busted out a measuring tape and said i was lucky bc it wasnt low enough, just at 24"

sikfricks
06-04-2008, 10:34 PM
when i had hydraulics on my el comino i got pulled over every day i drove it the cop would always ask if i thought it was safe, i got one ticket for altered sus it was around 85 bucks

toxxxic
06-04-2008, 10:37 PM
im just glad i moved farther away from the city =)

Blitanicle99
06-04-2008, 11:48 PM
the center of your headlights have to be 24" off the ground, and the tail lights have to be 15" off the ground, unless you have oem suspension. i was told mine was illegal, then he busted out a measuring tape and said i was lucky bc it wasnt low enough, just at 24"

Not true. Cops have tried to get me on that my truck is too high, and did that whole headlight thing. Funny thing is most Dodge 4x4 Trucks are higher than mine stock and dont have problems. They just wanna mess with you. Tell them its a factory GSR suspension, a special option from the factory and they actually use the springs you use. Only someone who knows hondas could call BS on you.

deathrex
06-05-2008, 01:37 AM
I've had lifted trucks way beyond the legal limit bagged trucks and lowered cars. I've never gotten pulled over or a ticket in my old lifted truck. Now my old s10 was on bags ive gotten pulled over on numerous occasions for being too low. Then i aired up and the cop was fine with it. The only time ive gotten a ticket when i was riding too low on 85 and ripping up the road reflectors and hitting the cops car behind me lol. Never once been pulled over in my crx though and its dropped on cut coil overs. But yes it is ileagle to alter a stock suspension more than 2 inches in georgia if i remember correctly. Google it youll find alot of info on it.

quickdodgeŽ
06-05-2008, 04:10 AM
They just wanna mess with you.

Not true. It states, plainly in the "book" that they carry in their trunk that your suspension can NOT be altered either 2" above or below factory ride height. It doesn't say anything about head light height. Later, QD.

Mr. Clean
06-05-2008, 06:23 AM
i was riding too low on 85 and ripping up the road reflectors and hitting the cops car behind me lol.

winner.

deathrex
06-05-2008, 03:43 PM
winner.

no it was like a $200 ticket :no: but it was pretty funny.:goodjob:

yogi08
06-05-2008, 04:00 PM
i have 15 inches of lift. 44 inch tires. driving back from atlanta the gsp on the median waved.

TheDarkRacer
06-08-2008, 03:29 PM
^^ lol
If i ever get pulled over for being too low ill ask the cop to prove my cars suspension was altered.... muahahhaha
~TDR

quickdodgeŽ
06-08-2008, 05:15 PM
^^ lol
If i ever get pulled over for being too low ill ask the cop to prove my cars suspension was altered.... muahahhaha
~TDR

It wouldn't be hard. Later, QD.

TheDarkRacer
06-08-2008, 06:37 PM
Shhh they might not know that! lol they might not wanna get their uniform dirty...
~TDR

quickdodgeŽ
06-08-2008, 06:54 PM
True, lolol. Later, QD.

BanginJimmy
06-09-2008, 10:56 AM

like mine?

Yes I have been pulled over for being too low. I showed up at the court with the truck lifted up, had the height checked and ticket was thrown out. No this was not in ATL or even in GA. It was while I was living in Dothan AL.

jew_boy
06-09-2008, 11:03 AM
there is one thread on IA that talks about the same thing it has the laws or lowering and raising you car posted in it

Farrow2005
06-10-2008, 11:58 AM
x2 Those monster trucks are way more dangerous than any lowered car.

theres some F250 were i live with a 12 inch lift, when he get behind me his front bumper hangs over my rear trunk. o.0