PDA

View Full Version : Carbon Fiber Hatch on 00 Teg.?

CraigMW
06-04-2008, 09:03 PM
I have a question... my brother has an Integra and he wats to put a carbon fiber hatch on it.... my question is... what kind of modifications do you have to do if any as far as the glass and everything goes? or any mods! just let me know! Thanks for all yalls help as always!
-Craig-

MSRTom
06-06-2008, 10:33 AM
You have two options.

Option 1: remove glass from hatch and transplant to CF hatch.

Option 2: Buy new glass and install into CF hatch, then sell hatch with glass to recoup money.

Barefoot
06-06-2008, 10:53 AM
You have two options.

Option 1: remove glass from hatch and transplant to CF hatch.

Option 2: Buy new glass and install into CF hatch, then sell hatch with glass to recoup money.pretty much :goodjob:

CraigMW
06-06-2008, 11:28 AM
ok! thanks guys! So regular glass wont be too much on the CF? sorry... i know absolutely NOTHING when it comes to this! lol!

larossa9
06-07-2008, 03:07 PM
i think it should be alright, its supposed to be stronger and lighter than a stock hatch, good luck, i love carbon fiber hatches

BTLFED
06-07-2008, 03:13 PM
He should buy a lexan window and put it in the Carbon hatch and sell the factory hatch with glass to recoup money. Talk to NAIZBST on here. He had a Carbon hatch with a lexan window on his old Integra.

Even if the carbon hatch can handle the factory glass it defeats the purpose of the hatch which is to lighten the car.

SixSquared
06-07-2008, 03:28 PM
^^Damn that was lexan? I always thought it was glass.

And BTLFED, as one of the top haters on here, you should know that 3% of the forum members who have CF pieces on their car have it for weight reduction.. the other 97% want the mad tite cf all over their ride for aesthetics lol

BTLFED
06-07-2008, 03:46 PM
^^Damn that was lexan? I always thought it was glass.

And BTLFED, as one of the top haters on here, you should know that 3% of the forum members who have CF pieces on their car have it for weight reduction.. the other 97% want the mad tite cf all over their ride for aesthetics lol

I realize that, but it would also cost more money to have that heavy ass glass pulled out of the old hatch and put into the carbon one (If it would even work) than it would be to just buy a lexan window. On top of that, people are more apt to buy a stock hatch with the glass still in it than a stripped one.

And telling it like it is doesn't make me a "hater." :rolleyes:

SixSquared
06-07-2008, 04:20 PM
I realize that, but it would also cost more money to have that heavy ass glass pulled out of the old hatch and put into the carbon one (If it would even work) than it would be to just buy a lexan window. On top of that, people are more apt to buy a stock hatch with the glass still in it than a stripped one.

And telling it like it is doesn't make me a "hater." :rolleyes:

calling me a fat dyke does. :2up:

CraigMW
06-08-2008, 12:55 AM
"now now children" lol! JK! thanks for yalls help! ill be sure to tell him! I like the idea of the lexan window!

BTLFED
06-09-2008, 05:15 PM
calling me a fat dyke does. :2up:

No it doesn't. That is telling it like it is. And I thought it didn't bother you. :rolleyes: :slap:

Now quit fuking up this guys thread. You have added nothing productive to answer his question. ----------------------->

CraigMW
06-09-2008, 10:18 PM
lol! na.... its cool man... it only makes things more interesting! lol! thanks again for the help guys!

VickNotic
06-10-2008, 07:31 PM
and or buy plexi glass, and put it on carbon fiber Trunk and much lighteR

CraigMW
06-10-2008, 08:21 PM
how much will plexi glass or lexan cost prolly?