PDA

View Full Version : General Chat V-Dub Questions (04 Jetta GLI)

Blitanicle99
06-04-2008, 08:16 PM
So me and my buddy went and looked at an 04 Jetta GLI today.

We test drove it, and it just seemed like there was alot more power that it was not putting out. We noticed the sales guy used the Valet key to drive it.

Does the Valet Key de-power the car? Ive heard on the higher end cars do that.

Thanks yall

d_day87
06-04-2008, 09:27 PM
i think if it's been chipped, i'm pretty sure it has a valet mode on the new chip. i personally love the GLI's. :goodjob:

Kaiser
06-04-2008, 11:15 PM
So me and my buddy went and looked at an 04 Jetta GLI today.

We test drove it, and it just seemed like there was alot more power that it was not putting out. We noticed the sales guy used the Valet key to drive it.

Does the Valet Key de-power the car? Ive heard on the higher end cars do that.

Thanks yall

The two GLI's I've driven of that generation, the Valet key/mode did indeed cap the car out pretty low. You should ask him to not be retarded and bring the real key so you can see how the car will drive. You won't be valet-keying yourself to work.

Blitanicle99
06-04-2008, 11:38 PM
The two GLI's I've driven of that generation, the Valet key/mode did indeed cap the car out pretty low. You should ask him to not be retarded and bring the real key so you can see how the car will drive. You won't be valet-keying yourself to work.

Awesome thats what I wanted to hear. My buddy just wasnt impressed for a car that supposely had 180 to the wheels and costs 15 grand. It just seemed like the car had more in it.

Kaiser
06-05-2008, 03:45 PM
Awesome thats what I wanted to hear. My buddy just wasnt impressed for a car that supposely had 180 to the wheels and costs 15 grand. It just seemed like the car had more in it.

GLI's can and will pull nearly as hard as a stock GTI. The Valet mode makes it feel like a 2.slow.

Blitanicle99
06-05-2008, 06:18 PM
Exactly what I wanted to hear.

Kyle
06-05-2008, 06:39 PM
GLI's are amazing, so many more features than a regular VW, I wish I had started out with one. I say go for it.