PDA

View Full Version : turbotimer question

1NonlyAccord
06-04-2008, 07:16 PM
new-
the timer blinks now through the numbers..and i cant go to battery,or af.it just blinks 3-0 over and over then when the car is off its the count down but still blinks.it..any ideas?
i had to hardwire the things so mayb a wires touching?

Barefoot
06-04-2008, 08:22 PM
are they worth it? going to pick up a "pen" style timer within the week.Nothing special..$40bucks..
hard to install?-i have an aftermarket alarm too...Viper 791vx..

i feel stupid sitting in my car for a min+ when i get places.kinda hard to actually.loli have the same alarm and it has a good turbo timer built in.

BlkCD5
06-04-2008, 08:25 PM
go for it, cus time might not be on your side sometimes, i.e appts and etc.

1NonlyAccord
06-04-2008, 08:26 PM
care to share how to enable that? i bought a refurbished alarm so it didnt have the manual so i dont know how to set all the features...

Barefoot
06-04-2008, 08:28 PM
hold on ill look for the manual an find out. ive only used it like 4 times in 6 months just playin around with it.

1NonlyAccord
06-04-2008, 08:29 PM
ok thanks.i googled it-and found a fourm saying that it cant be used with out having the remote start hooked up..since you are taking the key out ect..and manual car..but yes please help if possible!

Barefoot
06-04-2008, 08:32 PM
middle of page 29

Barefoot
06-04-2008, 08:33 PM
ok thanks.i googled it-and found a fourm saying that it cant be used with out having the remote start hooked up..since you are taking the key out ect..and manual car..but yes please help if possible!ooo i thought u had it hooked up.

1NonlyAccord
06-04-2008, 08:36 PM
no..i had to buy that module and get another key made by honda..lol

Barefoot
06-04-2008, 08:41 PM
no..i had to buy that module and get another key made by honda..lol ooo yah get the timer

1NonlyAccord
06-04-2008, 08:45 PM
thanks for the help.
I already ordered the timer.
i just cant find any ecu pin outs for my 99accord.

the whole ignition1-on and igntion2-off confuses me with a install thing i found online.

JBizzlebone
06-04-2008, 08:45 PM
Turbo Timers are beneficial to turbo and na cars alike. It adds life to your turbo and engine as it lets the oil cool before becoming stagnant. They are ridiculously easy to hook up also. One wire goes one side of your ignition wire, one goes to the other side, and then ground. It'll work fine with your alarm system, providing you hook everything up right.

You don't have to sit in the car and wait for it to turn off, leave it in neutral, snatch the e-brake, and get out.

1NonlyAccord
06-04-2008, 08:47 PM
One wire goes one side of your ignition wire, one goes to the other side--

thats what im confused about..to tell you the truth i use the wire on my headunit for anything that needs igntion wire...:rolleyes:

JBizzlebone
06-04-2008, 09:45 PM
One wire goes one side of your ignition wire, one goes to the other side--

thats what im confused about..to tell you the truth i use the wire on my headunit for anything that needs igntion wire...:rolleyes:

You should have 6 wires coming out of your turbo timer:

Red - constant 12v(any wire that receives battery voltage regardless if the switch is turned on or off)

Blue - Accessory wire(wire running from ignition switch that receives 12v when the switch is in the accessory position.

Green - Switched 12v source(wire running from ignition switch that receives 12v when the key is turned on(lights come up on dash))

Black - ground

Brown - Parking brake safety wire (optional)

Purple - Speedometer signal (optional)

You can locate these wires in your FSM. Have fun!

scttydb411
06-07-2008, 08:18 PM
i've had the same turbo for over 5 years and over 75k miles...no turbo timer.

if you drive out of boost for a couple min before parking and shutting off the car you'll be fine. if you plan on blasting the boost up to the point you're parking and shutting off the car then get a turbo timer.

1NonlyAccord
06-07-2008, 10:20 PM
thanks guys for all the info.i figure since i have a "china" turbo that i wanna take all precautions. i orderd a timer and got it today.its actually a knockoff apexi. its an apex. the "pen" style. with the instructions that looks exactly like the apexi online instructions,ECU pinout diagrams and everything.

this is what im going to go from tmr when i install it
http://www.civicforums.com/forums/111-electronics/155264-turbo-timer.html

mayb that can answer peoples questions IF they are curious if im not the only dumb one.ha

1NonlyAccord
06-08-2008, 10:31 AM
bump for the new issue in original post!