PDA

View Full Version : Remote start

BlacKalypso
06-04-2008, 05:34 PM
After my old integra got wrecked, I took out the remote start. Now I'm trying to drop it in my new teg. I cant find any info on disabling my clutch on the start. Can anybody help me?

Barefoot
06-04-2008, 08:24 PM
there is a switch on the pedal jump it

myyellowspec
06-04-2008, 11:38 PM
there is a switch on the pedal jump it

X2 ^^^. Meter both of the wires that connect to the clutch switch. It is a negative trigger (so the one that reads 12v when the pedal is at rest) Run a jumper wire to ground. Now your car should start without you having to press the clutch. Don't forget to leave it in neutral.

SixSquared
06-05-2008, 12:00 PM
Be sure not to leave it in gear when you start it, or it will jump forward when it starts..

... and inevitably into another car...

http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=141018&stc=1

osnap
06-05-2008, 12:01 PM
oh, hilarious emily. *death stare*

Grnblur
06-05-2008, 03:28 PM
Comustar and a few other companies make a remote start for a manual I have had it on my car for over a year w/ no issues. you take your feet off the pedals hince its in neutral, and have the e-brake pulled, next turn off the key and the motor stays running like a turbo timer and when you get out and shut the door the door trigger shuts off the engine and its ready to remote start. otherwise it wont remote start so no worry of the car running off on you lol.

osnap
06-05-2008, 05:03 PM
Comustar and a few other companies make a remote start for a manual I have had it on my car for over a year w/ no issues. you take your feet off the pedals hince its in neutral, and have the e-brake pulled, next turn off the key and the motor stays running like a turbo timer and when you get out and shut the door the door trigger shuts off the engine and its ready to remote start. otherwise it wont remote start so no worry of the car running off on you lol.
thats actually really really interesting. +5.