PDA

View Full Version : Kennesaw State

Lucky DAWG
06-03-2008, 11:57 PM
I'm a transient student here for the summer before i go back to south carolina, i'm taking a accounting and english class.

surprising number of hot girls walking around campus, didn't expect that... :ninja:

whats the low down on KSU though from people there?
i dunno anything about it.
wheres the hangout spots, bars, etc?

I miss the college scene, so someone give me the rundown here.

81911SC
06-03-2008, 11:59 PM
It's ****. Half the college always goes home on the weekends. So that's half right there. Take the other half that say they throw down big and half of that is true. You have 1/4 left right? Right. So, it's eh.

csmiths
06-04-2008, 12:03 AM
i used to go to ksu, and yes there are alot of very fine females. but like 819911sc said, alot of ppl go home especially in the summer. you should check out tacomac on chastain, that always has some potential

Lucky DAWG
06-04-2008, 12:13 AM
It's ****. Half the college always goes home on the weekends. So that's half right there. Take the other half that say they throw down big and half of that is true. You have 1/4 left right? Right. So, it's eh.

well i mean i'm not really looking to make guy friends, half the guys i saw walking around on campus had a skin tight shirt on and so much gel in their hair i was worried it was going to sweat onto me since it was so damn hot out

but isn't taco mac a resturaunt? is there not any actual bars?

slostang
06-04-2008, 12:24 AM
my cousin just graduated from ksu.

Lucky DAWG
06-04-2008, 12:41 AM
my cousin just graduated from ksu.

uhh okay?

csmiths
06-04-2008, 12:46 AM
there really isnt any bars that ppl go to, but taco mac, is more likely a huge bar, they sell way more alcohol then food, plus they have like hundreds of beers on draft, that is the only place i can think of, but i dont drink, so i dont really know where everyone really goes to, i just know that it gets pretty packed with college kids.

IndianStig
06-04-2008, 01:23 AM
typically summer is a dead season to pick up girls at a school, i would try and pick some up on campus maybe a campus quad or something? i hear good things about taco mac's though.

SicStang03
06-04-2008, 03:00 AM
They all go down town. Peachtree Tav/Moondogs and all the other clubs/lounges...

Lucky DAWG
06-04-2008, 08:54 AM
They all go down town. Peachtree Tav/Moondogs and all the other clubs/lounges...

well i mean most college towns still have bars doing well... athens during the summer is like athens during the week on any given monday.

that sucks that i have to go downtown though, theres a ton of scumbags that go downtown, the clubbing scene is a bit too guido for my taste, i'd have to be on some kind of drug to go near it.

StraightSix
06-04-2008, 09:07 AM
well i mean most college towns still have bars doing well... athens during the summer is like athens during the week on any given monday.

that sucks that i have to go downtown though, theres a ton of scumbags that go downtown, the clubbing scene is a bit too guido for my taste, i'd have to be on some kind of drug to go near it.

I don't know that I'd call Kennesaw a college town. Athens is a college town, Clemson is a college town. The suburb of Atlanta that is Kennesaw is...well...a suburb of Altanta. Surely, there are local bars, but there's not going to be a "bar scene" like what you'd see in a true college town.

In fact, think about Emory, GT, GSU, et. al. that are much closer to downtown Atlanta. There are areas that around those schools that cater to the students, but being so close to a large urban area the "scene" isn't contained to primarily being college students.

Hulud
06-04-2008, 09:10 AM
twisted taco right off barrett is supposed to be good from what i've heard

Jecht
06-04-2008, 09:28 AM
There isn't anyone there during the summer or weekends. Most of the students drive to school rather than live on campus.

Lucky DAWG
06-04-2008, 09:38 AM
twisted taco right off barrett is supposed to be good from what i've heard

we are hitting that up and taking names

Leadfoot_mf
06-04-2008, 09:57 AM
your best bet is moondogs and hole in the wall.

ShooterMcGavin
06-04-2008, 10:23 AM
it's actually summer so there should be even less ppl there....as far as going out, twisted taco that just opened has been pretty packed down off busbee.

Friggintitsman
06-04-2008, 12:10 PM
Only thing KSU is good for is sluts.

Ruiner
06-04-2008, 03:08 PM
You have UGA in your avatar and "dawg" in your name...yet you don't go to the Univ. of Georgia? Why?

Lucky DAWG
06-04-2008, 04:03 PM
You have UGA in your avatar and "dawg" in your name...yet you don't go to the Univ. of Georgia? Why?

ever heard of a transient student taking summer classes???
you would have if you read the original post.

Lucky DAWG
06-04-2008, 04:04 PM
your best bet is moondogs and hole in the wall.

wut general area / big interesection are these near?

any place with a gay name like moondogs intrigues me... :cheers:

tony
06-04-2008, 04:10 PM
ever heard of a transient student taking summer classes???
you would have if you read the original post.

I think the south carolina thing threw him off as it did me. Don't know much about KSU, just clarifying that.

Lucky DAWG
06-04-2008, 04:13 PM
I think the south carolina thing threw him off as it did me. Don't know much about KSU, just clarifying that.

i'm a bulldawg fan, transferring there from south carolina. I have love for the "cocks"... no jokes necessary... because i went there and they try so hard... but they suck haha

osnap
06-04-2008, 04:58 PM
haha moondogs is where its at. theres a few bars and restaurants scattered around chastain, but nothing special.

Lucky DAWG
06-04-2008, 09:49 PM
haha moondogs is where its at. theres a few bars and restaurants scattered around chastain, but nothing special.

show me around chris and stop being a douchebag

BobbyFresco
06-04-2008, 10:14 PM
So why are you transfering to UGA from Carolina?

Lucky DAWG
06-04-2008, 10:18 PM
So why are you transfering to UGA from Carolina?

always been a fan of the dawgs and its free, dad lost his job so we are taking a paycut.

I like carolina too, its a very different state from Georgia, Bama, and Tennessee. Its got more of a coastal feel in the columbia / charleston areas up until you get to the upstate where clemson is... that area is very similar to Tennessee.

I'll miss it, but its just not realistic right now

StraightSix
06-04-2008, 10:28 PM
I can definitely say that Clemson is different. It was a little bit of culture shock for me moving up here from Lawrenceville, and having lived for about 4-ish years in Athens.

Athens is great, though. Truly a college town through and through.

Blitanicle99
06-04-2008, 11:41 PM
For Kennesaw, Taco Mac can be good.

However, Twisted Taco is usualy off the chain with fine ass hoes. Good lord. Just be 21 or have something that says your 21, the bouncers there are pretty straight.

Lucky DAWG
06-05-2008, 12:17 AM
I can definitely say that Clemson is different. It was a little bit of culture shock for me moving up here from Lawrenceville, and having lived for about 4-ish years in Athens.

Athens is great, though. Truly a college town through and through.

Clemson is all that is evil :2up:

osnap
06-05-2008, 10:14 AM
show me around chris and stop being a douchebag
i prefer to maintain my douchey ways, kthx :D

BobbyFresco
06-05-2008, 12:42 PM
I know Columbia real well having grown up there but now I hate going back....
I will def be a Gamecocks fan for life but I hate SC, speaking of which, I'm living in SC until the end of the summer because of work....I hate Greenville.....

Lucky DAWG
06-05-2008, 05:06 PM
I know Columbia real well having grown up there but now I hate going back....
I will def be a Gamecocks fan for life but I hate SC, speaking of which, I'm living in SC until the end of the summer because of work....I hate Greenville.....

haha i can look past all of our political differences now.
What do you hate about South Carolina though?

i havent' been to the upstate but i hear its boring and sucks, after all clemson is there. Columbia is fun simply because i'm in the college scene there so bars are an option and i atleast know people. And Charleston was a gorgeous and little quirky sailing town that was really cool.

Overall though I like Georgia better because its got its big city's, bum**** hick towns in the north, swamps in the south, and the coastal people in savannah and some really nice exclusive vactation islands, psh plus we got the masters in augusta. Really everything you could ever want.

BobbyFresco
06-05-2008, 07:08 PM
haha i can look past all of our political differences now.
What do you hate about South Carolina though?

i havent' been to the upstate but i hear its boring and sucks, after all clemson is there. Columbia is fun simply because i'm in the college scene there so bars are an option and i atleast know people. And Charleston was a gorgeous and little quirky sailing town that was really cool.

Overall though I like Georgia better because its got its big city's, bum**** hick towns in the north, swamps in the south, and the coastal people in savannah and some really nice exclusive vactation islands, psh plus we got the masters in augusta. Really everything you could ever want.

Compared to Atlanta, the pace of life in SC is too slow for me.....and I'm not really a fan of the Vista or Five points....I guess that's mainly due to the fact that I'm older and I'm not really into the yuppie, dockers, polos, and flip flop scene.....

I'm a PIKE for life but I left that behind when I got done with school....

Lucky DAWG
06-05-2008, 07:19 PM
Compared to Atlanta, the pace of life in SC is too slow for me.....and I'm not really a fan of the Vista or Five points....I guess that's mainly due to the fact that I'm older and I'm not really into the yuppie, dockers, polos, and flip flop scene.....

hahah i love it.

My room mate is a pike, i'm not gonna lie a fair amount are douche bags because they just rechartered and had no pledgeship, a lof of them try way too hard.

theres also like 5-10 guys in it though who i think are awesome and very down to earth dudes.

OTG Signs
06-05-2008, 09:00 PM
I'm headed to TT tomorrow with some buddies. KSU is full of "willing" females.

SOHC MONSTER
06-05-2008, 09:29 PM
I know Barnacles used to be a good spot.... I don't know about now. I was there last week but I just met some friends there to eat and we left at 10 pm before they changed over to a night club.

PhatbacK
06-05-2008, 09:46 PM
i went to ksu. it sucked..

most people go to sidelines,barnicles,taco mac, and baileys.

Lucky DAWG
06-05-2008, 09:46 PM
i think i'll try out this Twisted Taco, most people have mentioned it.

I will try it next weekend, this weekend i'm going down to athens for a band party and shenanigans in downtown, i love the classic city.

oh and what about run around sue's
i was taking a **** at my gym and they had an ad on the stall door that said they pick you up AND take you home for free...

...resisting a DUI sounds tempting.

PhatbacK
06-05-2008, 10:04 PM
dude run around sues is nasty of the nasty!! avoid that place unless you like dirty skanks and white trash idiots

osnap
06-05-2008, 11:06 PM
run around sue'syeah, have a blast hanging out with the Kappa Sig kids. :gay:

StraightSix
06-05-2008, 11:44 PM

I agree about the pace of life in the upstate compared to Altanta. It's definitely much slower. There's really only one bar in Clemson that's worth a damn, the rest are populated by the collar poppers.

I'm here because it was the only school I applied to that accpeted me into an engineering program without having to go through some goofy non-credit class taking BS. I'm definitely not the typical Clemson student, or even the typical college student anymore. I had my "college experience" at UGA, and that was plenty, lol.

Lucky DAWG
06-06-2008, 12:56 AM
I agree about the pace of life in the upstate compared to Altanta. It's definitely much slower. There's really only one bar in Clemson that's worth a damn, the rest are populated by the collar poppers.

I'm here because it was the only school I applied to that accpeted me into an engineering program without having to go through some goofy non-credit class taking BS. I'm definitely not the typical Clemson student, or even the typical college student anymore. I had my "college experience" at UGA, and that was plenty, lol.

shower before you come back here, clemson has diseases.

Lucky DAWG
06-06-2008, 12:57 AM
yeah, have a blast hanging out with the Kappa Sig kids. :gay:

from what i've heard they are the best fraternity at KSU (knock on wood) and actually pull females though.

I've been to like two or three of their parties, it was very strange. Like half of them were "fratty" and the other half were punching holes in walls and ****