PDA

View Full Version : I won't be racing much anymore...

iloveboost
06-03-2008, 12:58 PM
I never thought it would happen to me, but I'm kind of growing tired of the car scene. I haven't posted on here in a while.

I was driving to work about two weeks ago and some guy t-boned me while I was driving the Corvette. It had sat in the garage for a week and a half and the day I decide to drive it something like this happens. I was hit right on the driver's side door. I walked away with only a scratch on my head surprisingly.

I had it towed to Magnum Collision. Their estimate was at $24,000.00+.

I've been debating whether or not I want to get another moneypit or just something to drive around in. I haven't had the urge to go out racing or anything lately. It's weird.

A part of me wants a Turbo Lotus Exige but another part of me just wants a cheap car with A/C and spend my money on other stuff.

I'm about to buy a 2008 Ducati 848 and haven't really been missing my car much at all. We'll see... I'm not in any rush to get back into fast cars.

So yeah, I'll be MIA for a while. :D

P.S. Anyone want to buy an 800hp LSx motor? $7,000.00

Vengeance Racing LS2 402 stroker - Less than 1,200 miles
Trickflow 235cc heads - Less than 1,200 miles
Vengeance Racing Vindicator camshaft
Ported FAST 90mm Intake with 90mm TB
Vararam Cold Air Intake
Kooks Longtube headers w/ 3" xpipe
ASP UD Pulley
Stock titanium exhaust w/ dual 3" DMH cutouts
RPM built C6Z spec transmission - brand new
RPM built rear differential - Possibly damaged
TNT F2 Nitrous kit w/ 10lb bottle (75-300 shot)
FJO Progressive Controller
Nitrous Outlet Switch Panel

2.3 Evo 8
06-03-2008, 01:04 PM
Glad your ok, thats all that matters.

DieselNuts
06-03-2008, 01:10 PM
damn man, that sucks big time but im glad you're ok. You wouldnt want to post any pictures of the damage would you?

On_Her_Face
06-03-2008, 01:10 PM
damn that's horrible, glad you are ok!

DeeAOne
06-03-2008, 01:12 PM
damn man, that sucks big time but im glad you're ok. You wouldnt want to post any pictures of the damage would you?x2 i wanted to ask the same thing but i didnt know if it was appropriate.

sorry about the car man.

DieselNuts
06-03-2008, 01:13 PM
and as far as getting back into cars, If you arent feeling it right now, I would just get something nice to drive and have fun on the bike. you can always buy another car when you feel the itch.

Oh, and how much are you asking for the engine? N2O kit?

chris13
06-03-2008, 01:17 PM
how much are you wanting for the motor?

redrumracer
06-03-2008, 01:20 PM
damn that sucks to hear but at least your alright.

iloveboost
06-03-2008, 01:23 PM
I'll take $7,000 for the entire motor/nitrous set up. I've got receipts for all this stuff that was just recently purchased/assembled. All work performed by Vengeance Racing.

Top notch parts, no expense spared.

iloveboost
06-03-2008, 01:27 PM
Yeah, I was surprised that I wasn't hurt worse than I was. I do have pictures but they're on my iPhone. I'll try to upload them tonight or tomorrow. They're pretty cool, haha!

In the end, it's just a car. Glad no one was hurt really.

Someone needs to jump on this motor/nitrous set up. That's a STEAL!

chris13
06-03-2008, 01:28 PM
pmed

twinj
06-03-2008, 01:32 PM
Good luck. Nothing wrong with switching it up.

thepolecat
06-03-2008, 01:34 PM
wow- you were really lucky- I have seen some horrible things that happen to Corvettes in accidents.
I know what you mean by growing out of the car stuff. I love cars and working on them and playing, but I have to admit- I am really liking my DD accord with AC.

collins
06-03-2008, 01:47 PM
damn, d, sorry to hear this. good luck which ever wa you decide to go.

Fred Sanford
06-03-2008, 01:58 PM
Why would you want an 848? Honestly. A regular jap 600 is more powerful, more agile, and costs less. I've ridden an 848 and I wasn't impressed at all. It looks good, but that's really it.
Are you going to hit the mountains or track with it?

iloveboost
06-03-2008, 02:04 PM
Why would you want an 848? Honestly. A regular jap 600 is more powerful, more agile, and costs less. I've ridden an 848 and I wasn't impressed at all. It looks good, but that's really it.
Are you going to hit the mountains or track with it?
I plan on taking a few classes to become more familiar with the dynamics of it. I've been having a ton of fun just cruising around.

I have a 2008 R6 and love it but the Ducati feels a lot better, easier to handle and looks incredible. I don't care about the speed aspect of it. All I plan on doing is adding the gold 1098 Marchesini wheels, Termignoni carbon fiber exhaust and fender eliminator. Maybe, just maybe, a few carbon fiber pieces.

Fred Sanford
06-03-2008, 02:11 PM
You should hit up Road Atlanta for a track day. Put the bike thru its paces.
My friend with the 848 did a track day and always is in the mtns, he was disappointed with the performance of his 848. I don't mean from a squid poser perspective, I mean from a true rider perspective. He's had tons of issues getting fast on that thing (lap times) and has spent a bunch on parts to help. Duck parts cost 2-3x as much as the same part for a jap bike too.
If you just want a bike to commute, why not get an SV or similar?

iloveboost
06-03-2008, 02:22 PM
You should hit up Road Atlanta for a track day. Put the bike thru its paces.
My friend with the 848 did a track day and always is in the mtns, he was disappointed with the performance of his 848. I don't mean from a squid poser perspective, I mean from a true rider perspective. He's had tons of issues getting fast on that thing (lap times) and has spent a bunch on parts to help. Duck parts cost 2-3x as much as the same part for a jap bike too.
If you just want a bike to commute, why not get an SV or similar?
I'm looking for something to grow into. I don't think I'll get to the point where I want to be competitive with the bike. It will be more for spirited cruising and riding around.

I've had my R6 for over a month and 1,000 miles and I only hit 100mph once. I usually keep it around 75mph or less. I don't care about speed or performance as much as I do having a GREAT looking bike.

I'm not 100% decided on the 848 yet. It is a more expensive bike but I'm weighing the pros and cons. I really appreciate the styling, looks and rarity of it. Not that it's incredibly rare, just more rare than the average Honda/Yamaha/Suzuki/Kawasaki.

SiRed94
06-03-2008, 02:31 PM
damn that sucks, glad you are ok... atleast you didn't get t-boned on the bike...

iloveboost
06-03-2008, 02:33 PM
damn that sucks, glad you are ok... atleast you didn't get t-boned on the bike...
Yeah, I thought about that. Thanks.

josh green
06-03-2008, 02:46 PM
Dude if you are looking for a great looking bike to cruise around on. I love this bike. Its a Thunder Mountain Customs Sterling RM, its got a 103ci, FI engine. You can find them for about $10k less than what that place has theirs listed for. Sport bikes are fun but you can ride these for hours. I am sure your wife wouldnt mind taking a trip on the fender?.... lol
http://www.cycletrader.com/find/listing/photos/91958990/

edit, here is a nice little gallery of one.
http://www.cycleconnections.com/articledetail.asp?TypeID=30&ID=920

ueyedgr8tness
06-03-2008, 02:48 PM
damn my boy got the 1098 like 3 months ago and he kept it a total of 3 weeks tunred around and got the aug ftw!! check them out man u want be dissapointed.

UpSideDownDesi
06-03-2008, 02:51 PM
glad to see u came out only with a scratch and that's a hell of a deal for the motor.

UpSideDownDesi
06-03-2008, 02:52 PM
damn my boy got the 1098 like 3 months ago and he kept it a total of 3 weeks tunred around and got the aug ftw!! check them out man u want be dissapointed.
who is your boy?...indian by any chance? My bud just did the exact same.....

Evolunchbox
06-03-2008, 04:33 PM
Glad you are ok man! Sucks to hear about the car but as long as you are ok that's all tha matters.
Good luck with the bike!

1.8t
06-03-2008, 08:46 PM
Wow, sorry to hear about your misfortune :(. Hope you are happy no matter what path you choose.

iloveboost
06-04-2008, 09:10 AM
Surprisingly enough, I'm not worried or pissed off about it all. The other guy had two kids in the back seat and they weren't crying or hurt or anything.

Maybe it was a wake up call for me. Over $30,000 into mods for a car just to have it creamed on my way to work. I may take a year off from cars and see if I still have that burning itch to have a fast car. If I do, I'll be back in something bigger and better.

650hp Integra to 800hp Z06 to... 1,200hp TT Viper? :D

Realistically, I'll probably get a bolt-on/cammed C6Z and call it a day.

03CobraAV8R
06-08-2008, 02:42 PM
You don't need a year off, just get a bolt-on / cammed C6 Z06 and drive it daily. There aren't any cons to it, other than the potential for an accident, but you're more at risk of getting killed on a bike on the way to work than in a car.

You get that C6 Z damnit, because I said so!

I'm right, and you should do what I say, just because.

Thrust
06-08-2008, 07:20 PM
You get that C6 Z damnit, because I said so!
I'm right, and you should do what I say, just because.
I agree with Rick. He is right and you should do what he says, just because.

03CobraAV8R
06-08-2008, 09:57 PM
I agree with Rick. He is right and you should do what he says, just because.
LOL, good stuff.

Daniel, I remember asking you that day if you wanted to bring the Vette out to cruise around some, then you told me the bad news about the wreck - man that was ****ty.

Do what you gotta do, but I don't think the car bug ever completely makes it out of one's system, it's always in there.

I don't get out much at all anymore, with cars or anyone, mainly because all my damn friends are car related friends - I am lame :( It's still fun, but I can tell I may be growing out of it a bit. I remember cruising Barrett years ago in my V6 Stang, the Steeda GT then the Cobra - just back and forth all damn night, BS'ing in parking lots till early morning, Steak 'n Shake, etc. Good times. I still get up there every once and a while just for ****s. The most fun I think was making all these videos over the past few years, that was good stuff, back when Jeff had his Cobra / Vette and Deon's car was running and Brad (Lankhoss) always had someone wanting to race him. It isn't over though, just don't do it as much.

OnURleft
06-08-2008, 10:08 PM
Surprisingly enough, I'm not worried or pissed off about it all. The other guy had two kids in the back seat and they weren't crying or hurt or anything.

Maybe it was a wake up call for me. Over $30,000 into mods for a car just to have it creamed on my way to work. I may take a year off from cars and see if I still have that burning itch to have a fast car. If I do, I'll be back in something bigger and better.

650hp Integra to 800hp Z06 to... 1,200hp TT Viper? :D

Realistically, I'll probably get a bolt-on/cammed C6Z and call it a day.

Hey man we met up at Pleasent Hill that night,
Honestly if you like speed (which I can tell) you need to get a good prepped beater track car on come to the track. You can invest little money in a crappy car with a good chassy and have 100x the fun you can have in any street car at any track. Spending money modding out street cars is just a lost cause. Your just paying tons of $'s to do what you like to do illagally even faster. I wish I had the money for an 800hp Vette or a 1200hp viper to have occasional fun in but i'm glad I can have 100x the fun in a 4k spec E30 all weekend at a track. I'd suggest doing the same if you think "cars are getting old." Maybe if you do this you'll see where the real adrenaline rush is..that way you dont have to waste tons of money trying to get one on the street.

2.3 Evo 8
06-09-2008, 03:30 AM
It's going to be pretty funny when a bunch of us are rolling around in C6 Z06's. I'm going to pull the trigger on one in the near future. Just waiting on the right time.

The wifey wants one too!

jumpin800agl
06-09-2008, 02:14 PM
It's going to be pretty funny when a bunch of us are rolling around in C6 Z06's. I'm going to pull the trigger on one in the near future. Just waiting on the right time.

The wifey wants one too!
twin ZO6's would be a pretty sight in the garage.:goodjob:

EJ25RUN
06-09-2008, 02:23 PM
i think its time to realize that real driving respect comes from lap times at the track. If i were you, id get that Exige. It will get better mileage than the Vette and be more fun to drive (yes, it will). And get out on road atlanta and start racing in the corners, its way more fun and you will never ever get bored of it.

Same goes for the 848, good tires and good gear and your are ready.

The street is for showing off.
The track is for putting it to use.

iloveboost
06-10-2008, 01:52 PM
I'm just not as motivated to get another fast car just yet. I'd rather build my savings back up and then decide from there. I'm also wanting to go to school also. By that time, I'll know if I want to get another car or move on to a nice 4dr AMG Mercedes. :D

It's a smarter financial move for me. I will have the money to just throw at the car and get everything done at once. If it's an Exige; ForceFed kit, built motor, etc. If it's a C6Z06; Full bolt-ons, cam, and a set of HREs or CCWs. By that time, prices on the cars would have come down also. I've got nothing to lose (and everything to gain) by waiting a few months. Either car will be a ton of fun to race (street, drag, road course).

I just bought a 2008 Ducati 848 with full Termignoni exhaust and a few other things. I pick it up this week. I'll play with this until I decide. :D

Fred Sanford
06-10-2008, 02:11 PM
Did you keep your R6?

iloveboost
06-10-2008, 03:18 PM
Sold it to a friend.

twinj
06-10-2008, 03:26 PM
^^For sure when you get tired of something you don't have it much longer.

iloveboost
06-12-2008, 08:48 AM
^^For sure when you get tired of something you don't have it much longer.
Heh, don't quite understand that.

I sold the entire longblock and transmission this week. :D

Vteckidd
06-12-2008, 08:58 AM
i dont know about anyone else, but i lost the car bug a long time ago.

I know how you feel daniel, i mean i had $15,000 in the 2j 240 just to see it blow up first time at the track. It left a real sour taste in my mouth and i just dont care about going fast anymore.

I mean dont get me wrong, going for a ride in the skyline is fun, but it just doesnt MOTIVATE me like it used to.

Its not a money thing either, im making more money now than i ever have, and i just have ZERO Desire to build a car. Id rather go buy a 50in TV or take a trip to Tokyo like i have planned than go buy a turbo kit or build a motor.

All FAST got me was headaches, lack of money, and arrested.

I think its just part of growing up.

I may build another car in the future, but thats a few years down the road. I have my eye on my Uncles Stock FD that hes talking about selling, or i wouldnt mind a stock C5 zo6. I find myself missing my old GSR 19-0whp CRX that revved to 9900rpms, it wasnt fast but man was it fun to drive.

Then i think about Tom, hes prob got it right, a STOCK ITR in a CLEAN chassis, beat the **** out of it an it will run for 15 years.

who knows but good luck and be SAFE ON THE BIKE

Blitanicle99
06-13-2008, 11:20 AM
God, Im about to buy a bike and spend about the same on that if I bought your motor and I am seriously pricing out the swap plus the stall and outlaw tranny from Vengeance.

Good good... 800 HP work truck? LOL