PDA

View Full Version : Valve Adjustment

CraigMW
06-02-2008, 11:20 PM
Whats up... i am pretty sure this is the right place to post this... i need to get a valve adjustment VERY bad and VERy soon! is there anyone who could tell me where to get one in or near Carrollton? I have been told by one guy around here that he can do it for $140 but i also have to buy all the gaskets and a friend of mine works at a shop and will do it for me for $100 but that is about an hour and a half away! Please help me as much as you can! Thanks alot! Yall take it easy and be SAFE!

Black4DrEK
06-02-2008, 11:23 PM
mainstream!!!!!!!!

CraigMW
06-02-2008, 11:27 PM
where exactly is that located? How much?

Barefoot
06-02-2008, 11:56 PM
pm sent

Tech5
06-03-2008, 12:14 AM
my shop we charge 35.00 to do it

SiRed94
06-03-2008, 02:08 AM
my shop we charge 35.00 to do it

haha damn that's a great deal...

csmiths
06-03-2008, 05:17 PM
btw your supposed to do it when your car is completely cold

CraigMW
06-03-2008, 10:36 PM
thanks for all yalls help! i really appreciate it!

Barefoot
06-03-2008, 10:49 PM
btw your supposed to do it when your car is completely coldno shit

csmiths
06-03-2008, 11:25 PM
no shit

well god damn, i was just trying to give him a little input, jeeze

CraigMW
06-04-2008, 12:01 PM
well god damn, i was just trying to give him a little input, jeeze
lol! thanks anyways bro!:goodjob:

ash7
06-04-2008, 12:16 PM
no shit
I've always wondered how a shop cools down an engine to the proper temp. in order to be able to perform an adjustment. Is there a maximum temperature that it can be performed at? What is the definition of "completely cool" engine?

I've always just let the car sit overnight (usually on a friday), and just perform the valve adjustment first thing in the morning before i even crank the car up.

-jonathan

Barefoot
06-04-2008, 01:36 PM
I've always wondered how a shop cools down an engine to the proper temp. in order to be able to perform an adjustment. Is there a maximum temperature that it can be performed at? What is the definition of "completely cool" engine?

I've always just let the car sit overnight (usually on a friday), and just perform the valve adjustment first thing in the morning before i even crank the car up.

-jonathanat my shop i use a big ass fan blowing directly on the motor for about 2-3 hours. ive worked at some shops that never cooled the motor.

teh_mugen18
06-04-2008, 08:25 PM
um.... gaskets???

CraigMW
06-04-2008, 09:07 PM
um.... gaskets???
what are u askin about gaskets?

Tech5
06-04-2008, 10:51 PM
x2
at my shop i use a big ass fan blowing directly on the motor for about 2-3 hours. ive worked at some shops that never cooled the motor.

teh_mugen18
06-05-2008, 12:25 AM
Whats up... i am pretty sure this is the right place to post this... i need to get a valve adjustment VERY bad and VERy soon! is there anyone who could tell me where to get one in or near Carrollton? I have been told by one guy around here that he can do it for $140 but i also have to buy all the gaskets and a friend of mine works at a shop and will do it for me for $100 but that is about an hour and a half away! Please help me as much as you can! Thanks alot! Yall take it easy and be SAFE!

lol, i wasnt asking about gaskets..... You said something about replacing gaskets when you do a valve adjustment, and it kinda made me go :thinking: ''wtf...??''

Since there's no gaskets involved when u do a valve adjustment...

Tech5
06-05-2008, 12:26 AM
yes there are...Valve cover ,an spark plug tube seals,

teh_mugen18
06-05-2008, 12:30 AM
yes there are...Valve cover ,an spark plug tube seals,

Oh....lol, well i dont consider those gaskets, when it comes to doing the actual adjustment b/cuz usually those things are good enough to continue on, unless the engine is leaking oil too, in that case, it wouldnt be only a valve adjustment that would be needed...

Just a difference in opinion, thats all.:2cents:

Tech5
06-05-2008, 12:32 AM
Well the most part they are dry rotted an when you take the cover off sometimes they break, but most part yes you can re use them...its one of those you would have to take it apart to see...But if you dont call them gaskets what do you call them O'Rings lol:lmfao:
Oh....lol, well i dont consider those gaskets, when it comes to doing the actual adjustment b/cuz usually those things are good enough to continue on, unless the engine is leaking oil too, in that case, it wouldnt be only a valve adjustment that would be needed...

Just a difference in opinion, thats all.:2cents:

teh_mugen18
06-05-2008, 12:37 AM
Well the most part they are dry rotted an when you take the cover off sometimes they break, but most part yes you can re use them...its one of those you would have to take it apart to see...But if you dont call them gaskets what do you call them O'Rings lol:lmfao:

Ohh.... lol, ive never had experience with the rotted ones... yet:D

Barefoot
06-05-2008, 01:07 AM
Since there's no gaskets involved when u do a valve adjustment...wtf:thinking:

But if you dont call them gaskets what do you call them O'Rings lol:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

Ohh.... lol, ive never had experience with the rotted ones... yet:Du will sooner or later. its really run when a piece of the it breaks off. falls into the in the 1 spot your fingers are to big to fit into. never happened to me but i got my finger crossed it doesnt ever.

CraigMW
06-05-2008, 01:55 PM
lol! i know what i am talkin about mr. GM Tuner! thanks though! lol!