PDA

View Full Version : Misc acoustic guitar?

Mangrum
05-30-2008, 06:22 PM
so i am looking to buy an acoustic guitar.. havnt bought one in awhile and looking to see what people thought were some good buys? what brands etc...? prolly in the 250 to 375 range

deathrex
05-31-2008, 02:12 AM
Hemmmm check out guitar center if you can get a credit card they have 15 months no payment or intrest! You could get something better for a lil more and have more time to pay it off, but pay it off quick cause the intrest jumps up to like 17% after. They have some pretty decent guitars for that price also though. You get what you pay for though. Im real picky with my guitars. Check out their websight they have a thing on the side for the price range your looking at and will show you all the guitars you can afford

Mangrum
05-31-2008, 08:00 PM
i know that.. but i am wondering.. what brand would you prefer?

b17a1db2
05-31-2008, 08:52 PM
I got a good deal on an Ibanez Acoustic/Electric so I got this one... I really have no complaints on this guitar at all, cause it's not the entry level Ibanez A/E guitars. The Model is AEF30, Transparent Black, Made in 2004... Fenders are usually always good, I would not buy another Squier guitar (made by Fender), I'm sure the Entry level Martin guitars are good since they are a high end company. Try out a couple guitars at a local store, see if you like them... Be sure to look at the action of the guitar, pretty much the ease of pressing down on the strings, you want them low, but not so much that it causes fret buzz... You can look at the distance from the strings and the 12th fret. indicated by the double dots. also for Innotation, Open string and 12th fret have the same note but a higher octave, play the open string then the 12th, and see how close the actual notes are.. and find a couple you like, write down the model number and brand... and buy it online, it's more than likely a whole lot cheaper, and you won't get ripped off... go to musicansfriend.com and americanmusicalsupply.com

here are pics of mine.

deathrex
05-31-2008, 08:55 PM
I'd prefer a fender over an ibenez for that price range. I think they have a deeper cripser tone to them. Also depends if their a solid top or not too but also what kinda wood its made from. Also if its a nylon string or metal. But if i could have any id go all out and spend the 3-4 grand on a gibson song bird. But ive been playing for years and i love my fenders. They've been good for many years and haven't had any problems with them. But definately go there and just play with a few of them find one thats comfortable to you and what sounds good to you. Its all differnt for each player.

green91
05-31-2008, 09:20 PM
I think the ibanez acoustics are a better value than fenders.

imbosile
05-31-2008, 09:25 PM
I have a Taylor Big Baby, it's amazing. It's got such a bright sound and it's very easy to play. I think the retail for around 450 or so, I'm not completely sure as I got it as a gift. But I highly recommend it. It's nice and small, very easy to travel with if you need to do that.

deathrex
05-31-2008, 09:27 PM
I mean each to their own. Everyones differnt on their guitars. I've always played fenders and ive piddled arround with ibanez guitars. To me i've just been more comfortable with a fender. But defiantely go check out a few differnt guitars first then go from there.

green91
05-31-2008, 09:30 PM
Id definitely look into a lower end Alvarez for one of the best acoustics for the money.

imbosile
05-31-2008, 09:30 PM
I mean each to their own. Everyones differnt on their guitars. I've always played fenders and ive piddled arround with ibanez guitars. To me i've just been more comfortable with a fender. But defiantely go check out a few differnt guitars first then go from there.

Yeah exactly, we can throw out opinions all day long, but at the end of the day you're the one who will be playing it. So just go and play a ton of them until you find one that fits you perfectly. That's what it's all about.