PDA

View Full Version : Another motorcycle death....

JITB
05-30-2008, 12:36 PM
http://www.11alive.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=116582&catid=40

this seems to have been avoidable and senseless...
is it the nice weather?
The uprising of new riders?
Or uprising of bad riders?

blackboi50
05-30-2008, 12:40 PM
the last nite thread is the same as this one.........but your article has more info!!!!! :goodjob:........1

Slow Motion
05-30-2008, 12:47 PM
If the State Patrol would have called off the high speed chase this would not have happened! GSP CONTINUED TO CHASE ....Is there not a limit to how long a chase can continue or do they not remember the controversy of the causes of high speed chases? Put that one on your books GSP you contributed to the death of 2 people.

I thought there was a law like this too...what happened to it?

blackboi50
05-30-2008, 01:04 PM

Yea but everyone in that post is saying that the cops were right and shouldve chased em!!!!.......its whatever......as long as they didnt hurt anybody else then i dont care........

if they had hit an innocent person i would be furious like johnny tran after the feds broke down his door!!!! :lmfao:.....1

v-empire
05-30-2008, 01:34 PM
poor girl (passanger)

nsany(atl)
05-30-2008, 01:42 PM

if you run from the cops you get what ever happens to you including the beatdown with a billyclub

Kelly
05-30-2008, 01:44 PM
Ugh...

DJ Maestro
05-30-2008, 01:51 PM
The driver of that bike got what he deserved, but my heart goes out to the family of the girl who was killed. The driver of that bike, in essence, murdered that poor girl. If you are going to be stupid and do stupid, don't take innocent life down with you. :2up:

Bruce Leroy
05-30-2008, 03:00 PM
That bike must have been slow as balls to get chased down by a cruiser.

ATL96LX
05-30-2008, 03:06 PM
i got bored and looked the passenger up on facebook...RIP

civic95
05-30-2008, 03:33 PM
The passenger was essentially a hostage once the chase started. She didn't have any control. They should of got his tag #, backed off, and caught up with him later.

1439/2000
05-30-2008, 03:45 PM
poor girl (passanger)

Yeah its sad. She was an acquaintance of mine. Always riding on the back of somebodys bike too. All things aside it comes down to good decision making and knowing who your friends are.

TIGERJC
05-30-2008, 03:50 PM
Well state patrol is allowed and will chase a bike, but they should have let the bike go, b/c the motorcyclist had a passenger

Slow Motion
05-30-2008, 03:53 PM
if you run from the cops you get what ever happens to you including the beatdown with a billyclub

You mean the ASP baton.

SicStang03
05-30-2008, 08:11 PM
Cops shouldn't have chased the bike. IMO cops should never chase bikes in general. If they pull out and put the lights on and they take off, let them go. Same for cars in that case. Why risk anyones life over giving someone a ticket? Just stupid. I think cops look for a chase because most of them are billy bad ass's looking for a thrill or power trip. Notice I said most so if you are a cop no offense.

JITB
05-30-2008, 09:26 PM
Cops shouldn't have chased the bike. IMO cops should never chase bikes in general. If the pull out and put the lights on and they take off, let them go. Same for cars in that case. Why risk anyones life over giving someone a ticket? Just stupid. I think cops look for a chase because most of them are billy bad ass's looking for a thrill or power trip. Notice I said most so if you are a cop no offense.

maybe he should have just obeyed the laws and pulled over...and got that silly ole ticket?

One_Bad_SHO
05-30-2008, 10:02 PM
I personally think that some of you are idiots for shaming the police officers for doing their jobs. What if they called off the pursiut and then 10 miles down the road the motorcyclist crashes anyway... into your wifes/sisters car injuring or killing her? Surely you'd be singing a different tune.

I feel bad for the girl/passenger on the bike. I support the police and do not blame them at all for this incident.

I was bored... I myspace'd the passengers name. I'm sure this is her. Its a shame. I feel bad for her family.

GSX-R in the background... as descirbed in the news report
http://a61.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/126/l_1929950d733c5e301b23c89efd79e034.jpg

http://b7.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/01047/70/90/1047440907_l.jpg

HER MYSPACE (I think its her) (http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=52900324)

One_Bad_SHO
05-30-2008, 10:04 PM
Yeah.. thats most def her. Confirmed.

Heres a video of her and the driver doing a wheelie on the hwy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zC_REL9rjXU

90_ACCORD
05-30-2008, 10:09 PM
you know it your stupid enough to run then whatever happens to you is diserved
especially one a bike with a passenger
people already say motorcycles are dangerous enough as it is so why not run from the cops on one
just plain stupid

Justin.
05-30-2008, 10:26 PM
Idiot!!!!!!

I'd never run with a girl on the back.

One_Bad_SHO
05-30-2008, 10:35 PM
Idiot!!!!!!

I'd never run with a girl on the back.

Idiot.

You shoul'dnt run at all.

SicStang03
05-31-2008, 03:20 PM
Yeah.. thats most def her. Confirmed.

Heres a video of her and the driver doing a wheelie on the hwy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zC_REL9rjXU

Thats sad..

Justin.
05-31-2008, 03:31 PM
Idiot.

You shoul'dnt run at all.

I knew that was coming.....:blah:

_Christian_
05-31-2008, 04:13 PM
Chasing a motorcycle for that amount of distance is stupid on the cops part. They obviously aren't going to stop. It just makes the roads more dangerous because the bikers are having to push the envelope longer in their attempt to escape. If the cop had backed off the bikers would have slowed down sooner. Because the biker isn't going to stop, the two most likely outcomes are an escape or an accident. The blame is rightfully placed on the idiot motorcyclists for their own deaths, but chasing for 15+ miles endangered EVERYONE even more. The cop could have used better judgment. Many other countries make fun of American cops for having "cowboy" mentalities. There should be stricter chase laws.

JITB
05-31-2008, 07:01 PM
Chasing a motorcycle for that amount of distance is stupid on the cops part. They obviously aren't going to stop. It just makes the roads more dangerous because the bikers are having to push the envelope longer in their attempt to escape. If the cop had backed off the bikers would have slowed down sooner. Because the biker isn't going to stop, the two most likely outcomes are an escape or an accident. The blame is rightfully placed on the idiot motorcyclists for their own deaths, but chasing for 15+ miles endangered EVERYONE even more. The cop could have used better judgment. Many other countries make fun of American cops for having "cowboy" mentalities. There should be stricter chase laws.

it wasnt really a chase, like the gsp was actually right behind the cycle. Because alot of the idiots got away. A few of them actually went to the crash site, and got arrested.

what you said means nothing, if you dont run you dont get chased.

the only chase laws that georgia has is about cars, i dont think there is one for bikes. Because really the ones in danger is the one running...

Bruce Leroy
05-31-2008, 07:06 PM
the only chase laws that georgia has is about cars, i dont think there is one for bikes. Because really the ones in danger is the one running...

If someone on a bike going 100+ mph hits your car, you are probably gonna get ****ed too.

JITB
05-31-2008, 07:19 PM
If someone on a bike going 100+ mph hits your car, you are probably gonna get ****ed too.

True...BUT...getting hit by a speeding bike isnt really a major concern on the road..

_Christian_
05-31-2008, 07:19 PM
it wasnt really a chase, like the gsp was actually right behind the cycle. Because alot of the idiots got away. A few of them actually went to the crash site, and got arrested.
A chase is a chase. What does the proximity of the patrol car in reference to the bike have to do with anything?

what you said means nothing, if you dont run you dont get chased.
It goes both ways buddy.

That's one of the dumbest things I've ever read. A motorcycle can easily kill a person driving a car. The officer giving pursuit is driving a car, no? Most likely at very high speeds in an effort to keep up. It's a very dangerous situation all together.

_Christian_
05-31-2008, 07:22 PM
Your most likely dead if that happens. Reps for having common sense.

BobbyFresco
05-31-2008, 07:35 PM
I'm definitely on the fence on this one....

There are a few factors that are a given:

1. The bike driver shouldn't have run.
2. The cops were doing their job....

What I'm having issues with is the fact that :
1. The passenger had no control over the actions of the driver. Sure, she could have asked to be let off but I'm willing to bet that even if she had, he wouldn't have stopped.

2. There are way too many fatal accidents that involve both the subjects being chased and other innocent people and one would think at some point that lawmakers would change the chase policies to benefit public safety....

I feel for the girl and for her family because she didn't deserve to die in the manner she did.:no:

It's easy to pass judgements on the driver and to say that he deserved to die for running but at the end of the day he's someone's son, dad, grandson, etc.....

JITB
05-31-2008, 07:38 PM
A chase is a chase. What does the proximity of the patrol car in reference to the bike have to do with anything?

It goes both ways buddy.

That's one of the dumbest things I've ever read. A motorcycle can easily kill a person driving a car. The officer giving pursuit is driving a car, no? Most likely at very high speeds in an effort to keep up. It's a very dangerous situation all together.

the proximity does mean something.. Because most cops dont "chase" bikes, they just follow there path and check for wreckage, because there is no way a gsp is gonna keep up with a gsxr in a pursuit.

if you dont chase they dont run? IF YOUR NOT STUPID AND YOU DONT RUN YOU DONT GET CHASED.

you will get injured or maybe killed if u get hit by a bike...i didnt say you wouldnt.. i was saying....im not really concerned about getting hit by a motorcycle..over a car.

I have no sympathy for people who do dumb stuff.....

SicStang03
05-31-2008, 07:40 PM

It goes both ways buddy.

PWNT

Imagine a deer hitting your car at 140mph while you yourself are doing 60:screwy:

JITB
05-31-2008, 07:41 PM
It's easy to pass judgements on the driver and to say that he deserved to die for running but at the end of the day he's someone's son, dad, grandson, etc.....

Its really really easy, if he doesnt care why should anyone else.... we all know good people who have died from ways out of their control. So when people risk their lives and kill themselves....good riddance.

BobbyFresco
05-31-2008, 07:45 PM
Its really really easy, if he doesnt care why should anyone else.... we all know good people who have died from ways out of their control. So when people risk their lives and kill themselves....good riddance.

I understand what you're saying BUT how many times in your life have YOU done something that could have potentially cost you your life?

I know that I myself have done plenty of things that could have ended my life.
Stupid, yes...Would I DESERVE to die? I don't think so.

JITB
05-31-2008, 07:47 PM
I understand what you're saying BUT how many times in your life have YOU done something that could have potentially cost you your life?

i didnt say they deserved it. i said good riddance...

BobbyFresco
05-31-2008, 07:51 PM
i didnt say they deserved it. i said good riddance...

Either way this is def a case of agreeing to disagree....:cheers:

I'm just wondering how many more people have to die before law enforcement
agencies decide to handle chaces in a different manner....

JITB
05-31-2008, 07:58 PM
Either way this is def a case of agreeing to disagree....:cheers:

I'm just wondering how many more people have to die before law enforcement
agencies decide to handle chaces in a different manner....

ORRRRR how many people must die before people stop thinking they can get away... :???: , i just cant get over those statements, like its the police's fault..

But, atlanta PD, does have a policy against high speed chases.. there was a chase through downtown atlanta last year and they made a new chase policy or something.

SicStang03
05-31-2008, 08:05 PM
I didn't say it was their fault, just that they shouldn't have chased them.. especially that far. Like staggered6 said.. There is only 2 outcomes... They get away or crash

toxxxic
05-31-2008, 08:45 PM
Its a tough topic. I knew Patrick from barrett. We went riding with him a couple times. He was pretty aggressive on his bike, but he was a pretty good rider from what I saw.

The cop should have backed off when he noticed that he had a passenger. The girl had no control over the situation. And I'm sure if Patrick could go back & change it he would have taken the ticket. I mean its not like he knew he was going to wreck, I'm sure he expected to just speed up and get away from the cop but hey I guess people don't think about the consequences of their actions.

Oh and I'm 90 percent sure that there is a law against pursuing a motorcycle - it just doesn't apply to GSP. I guess the rule makers think that GSP undergoes enough training to be able to chase a motorcycle... ? Its stupid if you ask me. Not to mention a motorcycle can weave in and out of traffic much easier than a patrol car and would cause a lot less damage if it were to hit something.

Here's how I see it. If I were a cop & saw someone on a motorcycle doing stupid stuff & speeding I would let them go and think to myself "that person must have a death wish" and not risk anyone elses life chasing them down for a 200 dollar speeding ticket.

I bet GSP will think twice before messing with a motorcycle after this.

brittoknee
05-31-2008, 11:47 PM
Its a tough topic. I knew Patrick from barrett. We went riding with him a couple times. He was pretty aggressive on his bike, but he was a pretty good rider from what I saw.

I dunno about you, but from what I've seen.. from that wheelie vid especially... the guy was a typical squid. NO gear other than a helmet and wheelie-ing into turns is enough for me to think that.

Oh and I'm 90 percent sure that there is a law against pursuing a motorcycle - it just doesn't apply to GSP.

yep.. you're right about that. A GSP officer told me a few weeks ago himself they are ready and willing to chase

It sucks all the way around... but in the end they both made bad decisions. There's no defense on that guy risking HER life in addition to his like that and at the same time she probably should have been more careful about jumping on the back of just anybody's bike. Serves as an example to everyone... think twice before you make decisions that could very easily impact others. We've all done stupid things similar to this, but sometimes the outcome is much harsher...

slow_hatch
06-01-2008, 11:16 PM
Unfortunately, it was his lack of skill that caught up with him while being pursued by GSP. Lets face it, judging from the video it was only a matter of time anyways. Luckly no one else was injured when he was unable to make a turn(go fiqure) and launch his bike into a building and parking lot. Its a shame that he decided that the probably $75 ticket was worth more than his life and his girlfriends. I feel bad for his/her families in this horrible time, but feel no pity for him at all. Its not the cops fault, if you don't obey the laws be prepared to face the consequences(in this case, they would have been far less severe than death). Congrats to him for contributing to the sterotype that motorcyclist recieve :goodjob: Dawin called, he wants his GSXR back.

Leadfoot_mf
06-01-2008, 11:18 PM
I dunno about you, but from what I've seen.. from that wheelie vid especially... the guy was a typical squid. NO gear other than a helmet and wheelie-ing into turns is enough for me to think that.

yep.. you're right about that. A GSP officer told me a few weeks ago himself they are ready and willing to chase

It sucks all the way around... but in the end they both made bad decisions. There's no defense on that guy risking HER life in addition to his like that and at the same time she probably should have been more careful about jumping on the back of just anybody's bike. Serves as an example to everyone... think twice before you make decisions that could very easily impact others. We've all done stupid things similar to this, but sometimes the outcome is much harsher...nope they are the exact definition of squid- super quick until i die.

slostang
06-01-2008, 11:29 PM
damn this the only post in the WL that is still on topic.

quickdodgeŽ
06-02-2008, 04:16 AM
So when people risk their lives and kill themselves....good riddance.

Yessir. I feel nothing for the driver of the bike. It sucks that the passenger had to die at the stupidity of the driver. I would only feel any sympathy towards the passenger, the passenger's family and the driver's family. I wouldn't be surprised if the passenger's family didn't turn around and sue the driver's family in a wrongful death lawsuit. And I think they should. Later, QD.

quickdodgeŽ
06-02-2008, 04:18 AM

Depends on the nature of your stupidity. Talking about the stupid things YOU said you did, not calling you stupid. Later, QD.

Blitanicle99
06-02-2008, 08:04 AM
I knew this girl personally. The driver was a good rider, just apparently made some dumb decisions that night that cost his and her life.

RIP

DJ Maestro
06-02-2008, 08:48 AM
Ok, so there are some that believe that chase laws should be amended to stop ALL chases. Then there are those that believe the police should chase at all times. Furthermore there are those that think that police should use discretion when confronted with a chase. Here's my take. Yes, chases are very dangerous. They not only put those involved in extreme dangerm, but also put innocent bystanders in danger. Chases most always end bad for somebody, but more often than not the bad happens to the one being chased. Now, if police were told that they could not chase at all we would have far more law breakers simply take off anytime they saw the blue lights behind them. That could end badly too. The person who took off may be drunk and end up killing someone in a horrible accident unrelated to a chase, or the person who was not chased could have been a murderer or child abducter who just killed your family member or kidnapped your baby. As long as there are cars and bikes on the road with free willed people driving them there will always be people running from the law. As long as government continues to try to uphold the law that keeps the majority of the population safe there will be chases. So what is the solution???

One crazy idea.....put cops on GSX-R's specially trained to chase other bikes. Let the squad car show up later to haul the perp away. I think the thought process might change for a rider who knows he is being pursued by a vehicle that will match him tick for tick. :2cents:

Leadfoot_mf
06-02-2008, 09:00 AM
One crazy idea.....put cops on GSX-R's specially trained to chase other bikes. Let the squad car show up later to haul the perp away. I think the thought process might change for a rider who knows he is being pursued by a vehicle that will match him tick for tick. :2cents:
i like it. how about using the old 500cc moto gp bikes as pursuit vehicles.

SOHC MONSTER
06-02-2008, 09:24 AM

I am going to have to agree with this one.... Aside of everything else, this is the truth. Nobody has lived a life of innocense their whole life. Either you have stole something, lied about something serious, beat the piss out of someone, ran from the cops to avoid tickets.... The list could go on for days but its so easy for people to wish death upon someone these days. I don't think he deserved to die... Its just happened that way in this case because he made used bad judgement vs. common sense. Its horrible that they both died in that accident especially her bc she had obviously no control of the situation. I feel for both families bc as previously stated, they were both someones children, grandchildren.

SOHC MONSTER
06-02-2008, 09:32 AM
Ok, so there are some that believe that chase laws should be amended to stop ALL chases. Then there are those that believe the police should chase at all times.

I think law enforcement should use better judgement before engaging into a chase.

One crazy idea.....put cops on GSX-R's specially trained to chase other bikes. Let the squad car show up later to haul the perp away. I think the thought process might change for a rider who knows he is being pursued by a vehicle that will match him tick for tick.

I believe that would only cause more accidents. I believe more experienced riders would consider this a challenge and set the bar higher. Most stunt riders and street racers are in this scene for a rush in case most have forgotten.

DJ Maestro
06-02-2008, 09:37 AM
I do agree that law enforcement should use better judgement, but I also believe that they should be allowed to chase when they decide it is needed.

Tarzanman
06-02-2008, 10:48 AM
Cops don't need bikes to chase bikes. The cars they have do just fine. What it doesn't have in acceleration, it has in better maneuverability at speed, ease of operation, better aerodynamics, and GSP/Motorola equipment.

That being said, this situation would have been the same no matter what kind of vehicle chased them.

I can't fault the po-po in this situation. They didn't use any crazy pit maneuvers or anything to end the chase... the rider was at the controls and it was him that caused the crash.

Honestly... if he was as wreckless a rider on the street as I have read, it was likely only a matter of time. there is NO excuse for aggressive riding like that on public roads when there are freaking 4-5 motorcycle tracks within a 2-hr drive of Atlanta.

BobbyFresco
06-02-2008, 10:48 AM
I do agree that law enforcement should use better judgement, but I also believe that they should be allowed to chase when they decide it is needed.

I agree completely. I think factors such as traffic and weather conditions, not to mention passengers should play into if a chased should be engaged in or not....Sometimes the lesser of the two evils is letting a perp go...

I think an alternative to roadway chases would be using helicopters as an aid to track down individuals that run...

NAIZBST
06-02-2008, 01:02 PM
Cops don't need bikes to chase bikes. The cars they have do just fine. What it doesn't have in acceleration, it has in better maneuverability at speed, ease of operation, better aerodynamics, and GSP/Motorola equipment.

That being said, this situation would have been the same no matter what kind of vehicle chased them.

I can't fault the po-po in this situation. They didn't use any crazy pit maneuvers or anything to end the chase... the rider was at the controls and it was him that caused the crash.

Honestly... if he was as wreckless a rider on the street as I have read, it was likely only a matter of time. there is NO excuse for aggressive riding like that on public roads when there are freaking 4-5 motorcycle tracks within a 2-hr drive of Atlanta.

that is true he ran from the cops so he was being careless to begin with.

Yessir. I feel nothing for the driver of the bike. It sucks that the passenger had to die at the stupidity of the driver. I would only feel any sympathy towards the passenger, the passenger's family and the driver's family. I wouldn't be surprised if the passenger's family didn't turn around and sue the driver's family in a wrongful death lawsuit. And I think they should. Later, QD.

I heard from friends that the driver of the bike was careless as you can see from the you tube video. it was a matter of time. It just sucks that she was on the back fo the bike. I knew her and I heard that she said he was a crazy bike rider and careless.. well see what happens if the family sues

ISAtlanta300
06-02-2008, 02:13 PM
[QUOTE=toxxxic]
Here's how I see it. If I were a cop & saw someone on a motorcycle doing stupid stuff & speeding I would let them go and think to myself "that person must have a death wish" and not risk anyone elses life chasing them down for a 200 dollar speeding ticket. [QUOTE]

How is it not risking anyone elses life by letting them go? He could let him go and he will 'do stupid stuff and speed' into your grandma's minivan 2 miles up the road....

This is a typical case of 'damned if you do and damned if you don't'.

By being chased and crashing, everyone is blaming the cop.

But if he were to speed and crash into Miss Churchgoer, everyone would blame the cop for not stopping speeders/ catching speeders/ doing their job etc.

An easier solution: Don't speed and do stupid stuff. And just pull over when you're caught.

But of course that would not be the 'Man' thing to do I guess.....

Now if every cop just backed off on speeders (motorcycles and/or cars), wouldn't you think everyone will be doing it since they can get away with it?

This guy was a perfect example of wrong choices. I believe a lot of bikers are thinking twice now before trying to be 'billy bad-ass' and run away from a cop, and just take the ticket rather than risking their lives.... and others....

DJ Maestro
06-02-2008, 02:18 PM
Best thing to remember......

You can't run from God's Special People. They won't let you. :D

HalfBaked
06-02-2008, 02:26 PM
More importantly who was the ****ing idiot who stopped by the scene to ask what happened and got popped with a DUI...

Another male motorist who stopped at the scene to ask troopers what was going on was arrested and charged with DUI after they noticed alcohol on his breath.

Blitanicle99
06-02-2008, 02:41 PM
Isnt it a law in GA that cops CANNOT chase a bike if it runs?

A GSXR is absolutely not match whatsoever for a crown vic. And if the rider is good, hell no match for 10 Crown Vics.

In this particular case, both people died because of the chase. I think it is the cops fault in this one. I personally knew that girl that died, so I have my side with her.

However, it is dangerous and reckless to endanger everyone on the road. We have all seen the idiots. So it needs to have some judgement to who they chase and who they don't chase. I do not think they should chase bikes for this reason. It is better idea to let them go.

Yes, a 400 lb bike can do damage to people if GSP lets them run. However, not nearly as much as my 5800 lb truck. Chase the cars/trucks. Leave the idiots on the bikes run, it wastes less gas anyway.

quickdodgeŽ
06-02-2008, 05:55 PM
I am going to have to agree with this one.... Aside of everything else, this is the truth. Nobody has lived a life of innocense their whole life. Either you have stole something, lied about something serious, beat the piss out of someone, ran from the cops to avoid tickets.... The list could go on for days

That's very, very baseless. Trust me.

but its so easy for people to wish death upon someone these days. I don't think he deserved to die..

In this day and age it's gotten to be every man for himself. I wish it wasn't, but that's how it is. And in saying that, better someone that has no regards to fall than someone who does. Later, QD.

Tech5
06-02-2008, 06:28 PM
this suks either way it went down....RIP to both

slow_hatch
06-02-2008, 08:56 PM

Actually I believe they are sueing the GSP :rolleyes:

quickdodgeŽ
06-02-2008, 09:01 PM
Actually I believe they are sueing the GSP :rolleyes:

Damn. That sucks. That would be like me making a delivery to Wal Mart and someone suing me for doing my job. The fucc is this world coming to really? Later, QD.

slow_hatch
06-02-2008, 09:04 PM
Damn. That sucks. That would be like me making a delivery to Wal Mart and someone suing me for doing my job. The fucc is this world coming to really? Later, QD.

Yeah, go fiqure. Apparently everyone thinks that the police shouldn't chase cars/bikes and everyone should just have a free for all on the hwy. :rolleyes:

Echonova
06-02-2008, 09:22 PM
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b82/Phxpdyote/Cops%20and%20stuff/policechase.jpg

Tech5
06-02-2008, 09:24 PM
^^^^ LMAO Reps to you !!

keevo54
06-02-2008, 10:31 PM
Sucks for this to happen especially with a passenger.

Cops normally will let bike run esp when there is a lot of traffic. They will call ahead and see if one of their buddies can pull them over. This happened at night with few cars on the road and the officers had every right and did a good job of pursuing the bike. Im sure there were cops on waiting at every exit bc it would have been impossible for them to keep up.

To place the blame of the officers is fuc*ing ridiculous. Its like when every fat ass in america tried to sue Mcdonalds for making them fat. U eat and u get fat.....U run and u risk wrecking.

PhatbacK
06-02-2008, 10:44 PM
i have my motorcycle license but im scared to get a bike and go ride just cause im more worried about other drivers and riders!

brittoknee
06-03-2008, 09:14 AM
More importantly who was the ****ing idiot who stopped by the scene to ask what happened and got popped with a DUI...

They were riding in a group from the vortex..... the entire pack ran from the cops... he was just the dumbass to get off the hwy at ridiculous speeds

JDM-95-Hatch
06-10-2008, 10:45 AM
this is just my opinion but i highly doubt that the original gsp that started the chase was anywhere near the scene of the accident when it happened, i'm willing to bet that there was another gsp waiting on that exit, i have heard rumors of a guy across the street saying that he saw a trooper bump the bike.. who knows if that is true or not but how many chargers have you seen that can hang with a bike for 20 miles at 180 mph. either way something should be done about police chases regarding bikes, i'm not saying they shouldnt be allowed to chase but after a couple minutes if they haven't stopped back off and catch them when they go home, they had the tag number. I think it all boiled down to a cop on a powertrip wanting a rush.

Leadfoot_mf
06-10-2008, 11:25 AM
this is just my opinion but i highly doubt that the original gsp that started the chase was anywhere near the scene of the accident when it happened, i'm willing to bet that there was another gsp waiting on that exit, i have heard rumors of a guy across the street saying that he saw a trooper bump the bike.. who knows if that is true or not but how many chargers have you seen that can hang with a bike for 20 miles at 180 mph. either way something should be done about police chases regarding bikes, i'm not saying they shouldnt be allowed to chase but after a couple minutes if they haven't stopped back off and catch them when they go home, they had the tag number. I think it all boiled down to a cop on a powertrip wanting a rush.i believe the bike didnt have a tag.

JDM-95-Hatch
06-10-2008, 11:28 AM
i know the guy and know he had a tag, rode with him many times..

T.S.
06-10-2008, 12:02 PM
Ok I am going to rant and you people are just going to have to deal with it....

Whats wrong with americans these days?!?!?! I mean this guy obviously was a complete dumbass, and the girl obviously wasnt much smarter. Look at the video, she willingly knew he was a dumbass for pulling wheelies with her on the back of it.
If i was a motorcycle rider I would be completely outraged at someone like this.
Go figure that there trying to sue for chasing them down. What about Public endangerment on the riders side? Anyone say anything about that... NO why b/c he died. Guess what obviously by the video posted it was a matter of time before this "Ruff Ryder" died anyways.

Oh an chargers top out at 140 so if this chase really was as long as they say it was then there is no way that car could keep up with him. GSP doesn't have the same set of laws that County or city has. They are aloud to chase you down. I don't feel sorry for anyone who thinks they can out run a cop. You may be faster then his car, but not his radio. You also may get away once but do you seriously think you'll keep getting away?

http://www.bayarearidersforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=242468
^^^ for all you genious' who think they would rather get hit by a bike then a car. **** that i would rather not get hit by either of them!
/end rant :2up:

quickdodgeŽ
06-11-2008, 12:58 AM
I think it all boiled down to a cop on a powertrip wanting a rush.

That's what everyone wants to blame their troubles on. Later, QD.

JITB
06-11-2008, 01:15 AM
this is just my opinion but i highly doubt that the original gsp that started the chase was anywhere near the scene of the accident when it happened, i'm willing to bet that there was another gsp waiting on that exit, i have heard rumors of a guy across the street saying that he saw a trooper bump the bike.. who knows if that is true or not but how many chargers have you seen that can hang with a bike for 20 miles at 180 mph. either way something should be done about police chases regarding bikes, i'm not saying they shouldnt be allowed to chase but after a couple minutes if they haven't stopped back off and catch them when they go home, they had the tag number. I think it all boiled down to a cop on a powertrip wanting a rush.

orr how about the guy on the motorcycle stop...and pull over...

JDM-95-Hatch
06-11-2008, 08:07 AM
orr how about the guy on the motorcycle stop...and pull over...

I definately agree thats what should have happened, but he didnt and the cop should have used better judgement after the chase went on for awhile, instead of pursuing until 2 KIDS were dead.

T.S.
06-11-2008, 08:48 AM
I definately agree thats what should have happened, but he didnt and the cop should have used better judgement after the chase went on for awhile, instead of pursuing until 2 KIDS were dead.

when does the person breaking the law take responsiablity(SP?) ?? After there dead? :goodjob: