PDA

View Full Version : Was Iraq a setup?

0p7!mu5
05-29-2008, 09:49 PM
I dont know as of late reading a lot of news and watching this http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/05/29/mcclellan.book/index.html
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8aOiMmekGk&feature=related
I really am beginning to wonder about how Iraq even got to the level it has. the real question is (and what I want to know) is how long has the iraq has been planned because over the past few months these two havent been the only people sayin that this was set up since 9/11.. what do you think?:thinking:

Spektrewing386
05-29-2008, 10:16 PM
It is a fact that the people who did it wanted to do it since 1991. They were going to roll into Baghdad during Operation Desert Storm, but they were not ready at the time. It was not actually planned with details, about which unit goes where and stuff like that till 2000/2001. And it put at the top of the things to do list after 9/11. They just needed support from the public. I guess saying that Iraq is linked to 9/11 and al-quadea and have WMDs ready, even though not a single piece of evidence can back those claims up.... the public believed it was true.

This was not a spur of the moment thing. I do not know exactly when they started planning it, but it has been on the books for quite some time. The Administration kept trying to build up support for it, and then... I still remember it to this day the event before they started lockin and loadin.

its about midnight... for some reason i am watching CNN. then they come up with this breaking news about how a cruise missile has struck a building believed to be where saddam was staying. then about 2 hours later saddam comes on the air with saying stuff about "a thousand swords will rise up against you" or something like that.

So yes, the invasion of iraq has been on the books since 1991, Desert Storm was sopossed to be it, but they were not ready.

0p7!mu5
05-29-2008, 11:23 PM
point taken but still i kinda find it a lil shady that they made a case on WMD and went off course from bin laden. I just dont really see how much of a threat Saddam could have been since '91. Ok sure to his own country a lot but I doubt he had any wmd (and our lack of finding it proved that) I just wondered why he would take it that far just toget over there it really hasnt helped his argument much over the years since no evidence has been found. its almost like he is the ultimate fall guy over the past 8 years for everything.

Spektrewing386
05-29-2008, 11:30 PM
and that sir, is the thesis statement for many political debates.

bafbrian
05-29-2008, 11:31 PM
I don't think the entire truth of this situation will come to light in a few years. It will be sometime until the whole truth about this situation is fully known. The news media always want to give a selective amount of the news and people close to the administration, well, who knows what motivates these individuals to speak out.

It is funny how a lot of the "new information" is coming out at the end of Bush's presidency. BTW, I don't support the Republicans. Just my POV about the situation or any matter of importance dealing with government.

The fact of the matter is that you have to take all this in and make up your own mind.

0p7!mu5
05-30-2008, 06:29 PM
Well whatever the case he just agreed to go and testify.... This ought to be interesting....

yungdz
05-30-2008, 06:37 PM
The Bush Family has been trying to get into Iraq for ever. George Bush was a freaking oiler, wtf do you think his business is in Iraq

0p7!mu5
05-30-2008, 06:55 PM
true but its funny that a lot of bush's cabinet has come out the woodwork sayin **** like this. Im just waiting to hear the testimony..

tony
05-30-2008, 07:23 PM
The Bush Family has been trying to get into Iraq for ever. George Bush was a freaking oiler, wtf do you think his business is in Iraq

Bush Sr. did not want to go into Iraq in Desert Storm although we had the chance he figured an invasion into Iraq would have been disaster.

The more I research this subject the more I conclude that while some had ulterior motives of going into Iraq, I think the administration genuinely thought they were working off of viable intelligence. The Pentagon had the want to go into Iraq because they wanted to take terrorism head on and the Pentagon figured that Saddam was a big part of it.

I've stated before that this war has something to do with keeping the Iraq oil reserves in Dollars rather than Euros and I do think that is a fringe benefit.. even an incentive to further pursue occupation in Iraq.

Alan®
05-30-2008, 08:33 PM
My opinion nobody on IA is qualified to say for sure yes or no.

0p7!mu5
05-30-2008, 09:43 PM
Bush Sr. did not want to go into Iraq in Desert Storm although we had the chance he figured an invasion into Iraq would have been disaster.

The more I research this subject the more I conclude that while some had ulterior motives of going into Iraq, I think the administration genuinely thought they were working off of viable intelligence. The Pentagon had the want to go into Iraq because they wanted to take terrorism head on and the Pentagon figured that Saddam was a big part of it.

I've stated before that this war has something to do with keeping the Iraq oil reserves in Dollars rather than Euros and I do think that is a fringe benefit.. even an incentive to further pursue occupation in Iraq.

evidence??:thinking:

tony
05-30-2008, 09:45 PM
evidence??:thinking:

Of what exactly?

BanginJimmy
05-30-2008, 09:52 PM
It is a fact that the people who did it wanted to do it since 1991. They were going to roll into Baghdad during Operation Desert Storm, but they were not ready at the time. It was not actually planned with details, about which unit goes where and stuff like that

the US has similar plans for maybe 2 dozen other countries right now. Any hotspot you can think of in the world and the US has prelim plans for an invasion or occupation depending on what the situation calls for.

till 2000/2001.

there wasnt a plan that detailed until after mid 02. Thats why we waited until 03 to invade.

I guess saying that Iraq is linked to 9/11[/quaote]

thats never been said by anyone in the know, not even the libs.

[QUOTE=Accelocity86nz]and al-quadea

there is "evidence" going both ways on this one

and have WMDs ready,even though not a single piece of evidence can back those claims up.... the public believed it was true.

there was tons of evidence that will never come out because of the way it was attained, but I find it hard to believe that congress along with more than a dozen countries agreed that Sadaam was a threat with no evidence

Also, Sadaam had more than 3 months warning before US troops started knocking on the door. Of course there wasnt anything found. If I had to guess, the facilities were destroyed and the people working there killed.

Frög
05-30-2008, 09:55 PM
http://www.portalplanetasedna.com.ar/archivos_varios/hippie.jpg

yeah maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannn...

Its alll a conspiracyyy dooooooooooooooooooode..

IA is also a conspiracyyyyyy too maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnn..

Frög
05-30-2008, 10:00 PM
^^ just felt like saying that.. Its not my opinion on this matter.. lol

j0natell0
05-30-2008, 10:32 PM
http://www.portalplanetasedna.com.ar/archivos_varios/hippie.jpg

yeah maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannn...

Its alll a conspiracyyy dooooooooooooooooooode..

IA is also a conspiracyyyyyy too maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnn..

^ LMFAO!!!! :lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

ironchef
05-30-2008, 11:01 PM

I've stated before that this war has something to do with keeping the Iraq oil reserves in Dollars rather than Euros and I do think that is a fringe benefit.. even an incentive to further pursue occupation in Iraq.Don't see the point of that since the value of the dollar dropped tremendously.

tony
05-30-2008, 11:49 PM
Don't see the point of that since the value of the dollar dropped tremendously.

Saddam began the process of switching Iraq's reserves back in 2000, well before the dollar tanked as we know it now. Had Sadam switched to Euro's our situation would be much worse.. (actually they did, it was switched back to dollars after the invasion which leads me to believe it was a factor)

0p7!mu5
05-31-2008, 01:04 AM
Of what exactly?
of this being tied to switching to euro's i dont see the reason. I think there is more to it than that. Why wait that long to go in?

man
05-31-2008, 01:28 AM
of this being tied to switching to euro's i dont see the reason. I think there is more to it than that. Why wait that long to go in?

The Govt took advantage of the 911 situation. The fact is that the American population is pretty ignorant. People ***** about oil prices being high but the same people also ***** about their beliefs of the US going into Iraq for oil control. Doesn't make sense.

tony
05-31-2008, 08:15 AM

Opportunity was not there initially, it came quick after 9/11. Understand those that claim oil prices still rose, this Euro theory was never about keeping gas prices down and to understand it you have to look deeper than the surface.

If all oil sold by OPEC and across the globe is denominated in Dollars what happens when a major supplier switches currency? With even a high school diploma you should be able to answer that question. The value of the Dollar has become so dependent on oil that it is critical to keep the system as it is.

Have you heard any woes about the Dollar since gas has gone above $3.60 a gallon? Didn't think so..

For people who say "Well the Dollar has still risen" Again, theories require thought, inflation in our country is happening because of fiscal irresponsibility. Our spending in Iraq, $600 Billion.. this wasnt the plan. The plan was go into Iraq, take the leadership out in a matter of months at the MOST and put in a transition government, that didn't happen obviously.

Tie that with the crash of the stock market and the lowered interest rates for years THEN the crash of the housing market and you have inflation at the rate we have it. It would have been worse had Iraq's oil stayed in Euros, matter of fact the Euro was relatively weak until Saddam switched their reserves.

Spektrewing386
05-31-2008, 01:17 PM
How about instead of oil being priced in money... we have money based on oil.

Instead of saying "That hamburger costs $2.30" we say "That hamburger costs .4 gallons."

Then about 20 years later people start switching extensivly to alternative energy and our market comes crashing down.

0p7!mu5
05-31-2008, 03:21 PM
Opportunity was not there initially, it came quick after 9/11. Understand those that claim oil prices still rose, this Euro theory was never about keeping gas prices down and to understand it you have to look deeper than the surface.

If all oil sold by OPEC and across the globe is denominated in Dollars what happens when a major supplier switches currency? With even a high school diploma you should be able to answer that question. The value of the Dollar has become so dependent on oil that it is critical to keep the system as it is.

Have you heard any woes about the Dollar since gas has gone above $3.60 a gallon? Didn't think so..

For people who say "Well the Dollar has still risen" Again, theories require thought, inflation in our country is happening because of fiscal irresponsibility. Our spending in Iraq, $600 Billion.. this wasnt the plan. The plan was go into Iraq, take the leadership out in a matter of months at the MOST and put in a transition government, that didn't happen obviously.

Tie that with the crash of the stock market and the lowered interest rates for years THEN the crash of the housing market and you have inflation at the rate we have it. It would have been worse had Iraq's oil stayed in Euros, matter of fact the Euro was relatively weak until Saddam switched their reserves.
so what do you see happening in the new few months then? I think its still goin to rise but what im wondering about is this so called investigation of tryin to move oil stocks out of the sec's reach starting with Enron. Hence where I think McClellan and the Iraq thing may finally see justice.
The way i see it is that if there was some shady backdoor price gouging being setup with Enron and other companies/investors would the exposure of that eventually bring down prices? Maybe not back to 2.00 levels but certainly not raise it anymore.
One way or the other we are going to be paying more for now on but hiking it up that high would be extremely detrimental to our economy moreso than current prices are. Im just wondering how all this will play out and if there is something larger than oil going from dollars to euro's because if the US economy bombs how would companies like that be able to sustain themselves even they would feel that kind of a backlash.:thinking: :2cents:

tony
05-31-2008, 04:29 PM
so what do you see happening in the new few months then? I think its still goin to rise but what im wondering about is this so called investigation of tryin to move oil stocks out of the sec's reach starting with Enron. Hence where I think McClellan and the Iraq thing may finally see justice.
The way i see it is that if there was some shady backdoor price gouging being setup with Enron and other companies/investors would the exposure of that eventually bring down prices? Maybe not back to 2.00 levels but certainly not raise it anymore.
One way or the other we are going to be paying more for now on but hiking it up that high would be extremely detrimental to our economy moreso than current prices are. Im just wondering how all this will play out and if there is something larger than oil going from dollars to euro's because if the US economy bombs how would companies like that be able to sustain themselves even they would feel that kind of a backlash.:thinking: :2cents:

No clue as to what may be coming, there will be a drastic change in the current administration over the next year and that could effect a lot of things. With interest rates being so low the value of the dollar is likely to continue to fall and our demand for foreign oil has not tapered.. that makes for even higher gas prices.

The Euro thing is just a theory.. as I said I think it was a fringe benefit rather than a deciding factor (at least I hope)

BanginJimmy
05-31-2008, 08:02 PM
I see oil topping out at about 150 a barrell before the bubble bursts. Just like the dot com and real estate bubbles they can only be artifically inflated so much before it comes crashing down. I believe that is the case here. The prices havent been inflated to this point by supply/demand, it has been inflated by traders. Its going to get worse before it gets better, and we will see $5 a gallon gas, but at that point its going to fall apart and we will see oil drop back to around 100 a barrell and $3 a gallon gas.

Also think back 4 years. We were seeing the same large increase in oil prices then, and within a couple months of the election gas prices dropped about $0.80 a gallon.