PDA

View Full Version : ecu Q

esco97civicR
05-29-2008, 07:49 PM
i got a 97 civic, 95 ls swapd... i stil got my civic ecu in it... iv heard it doesnt just plug in so around how much would a shop charge me to swap ecu's? wil i pas emissions? is it a horsepower gainer?

apreciate any help ThnX :yes:

h23bb2
05-29-2008, 08:02 PM
The reason it won't work is because your ECU is OBD2 and the engine is OBD 1. You need an adapter harness to convert it to an OBD1 ecu. Try hasport. The good news is that the OBD1 ecus are better to tune with ei Hondata

scttydb411
05-31-2008, 09:44 AM
your car's harness is obd2a. if you want to use the obd1 ecu you'll need to get an obd2a-obd1 conversion harness. i tell everyone to get them from www.boomslang.us because i've never seen one fail. stay away from the skunk2 harness (everything else they sell/make is great, but they don't make their own conversion harnesses) and the jdm**** brand conversion harnesses...i've seen way too many failures even brand new.

the obd1 ecu is tuneable when chipped, but you won't pass emissions w/ the obd1 ecu because obd2 emissions is done by plugging into the data port and it won't read w/ the obd1 ecu. basically in an obd2 car you have to have the obd2 ecu w/ no check engine lights or stored codes. that's how you pass...if you know what i mean.