PDA

View Full Version : To all those who had an opinion on HB89

ShooterMcGavin
05-28-2008, 08:55 AM
whether you were a supporter or a naysayer, you should question why we don't hear more of this type of "good" news.

Three Men Killed in Winnemucca Shooting on Sunday

Posted: May 25, 2008 08:35 PM PDT

Rebecca Bessler
Channel 2 News
Deputies with the Humboldt County Sheriff's Office are investigating a shooting in Winnemucca early Sunday morning that left three people dead and others injured.

The shooting happened at the Player's Bar & Grill on South Grass Valley Road.

Investigators say a feud between two local families is behind the early-morning shooting inside the bar. Three men from Winnemucca died from gunshot wounds, and two others are in critical condition at the hospital.

Deputies say about 2:25 a.m., 30-year-old Ernesto Villa Gomez walked into the bar and starting shooting. 20-year-old Jose Torres and his 19-year-old brother Margarito Torres were killed. When Villa Gomez was reloading his semi-automatic gun, a man from Reno took out a gun and shot Villa Gomez. That man has a concealed weapons permit.

The unidentified man who shot Villa Gomez is not expected to be charged in this incident; law enforcement call it a justifiable homicide.

Local police, the Sheriff's Office and the Nevada Highway Patrol are preparing for retaliation from one or both of the families, and rumors are already circulating in the small town of Winnemucca. There is a sense of sadness for losing three local men in this violent incident.

The Player's Bar & Grill was full of about 300 people, because a local biker event "Runnemucca" is going on this holiday weekend.

Ran
05-28-2008, 08:59 AM
Kudos to the hero.

81911SC
05-28-2008, 09:07 AM
SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Too much logic for the women.

Total_Blender
05-28-2008, 09:20 AM
We don't hear more stories like these because they don't happen often. I don't think that HB 89 will change that either. The people who are willing to carry guns are the minority. Most people don't want anything to do with guns.

And when a shooting happens, it usually happens so quickly that its over before a bystander with a gun can take action anyway. Hell, this guy got into a bar in the middle of 300 bikers and killed two people before they could get him.:crazy:

81911SC
05-28-2008, 09:23 AM
He walked in and shot, nobody could have knew what he was doing d!ckbreath. There are a loooooooot more people who carry then you think. Not saying they can stop everything, but at least it gives us a chance.

DieselNuts
05-28-2008, 09:25 AM
that reminds me of this...

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j181/diggler24/Funny%20stuff/knife2agunfight.jpg

ShooterMcGavin
05-29-2008, 07:55 AM
^^^el o el :goodjob:

Kevykev
05-29-2008, 07:58 AM
LOL at the fact that they would NOT have had box cutters.

Ruiner
05-29-2008, 08:20 AM
I love this type of ****. :) Got a URL link?

Jaimecbr900
05-29-2008, 08:31 AM
We don't hear more stories like these because they don't happen often. I don't think that HB 89 will change that either. The people who are willing to carry guns are the minority. Most people don't want anything to do with guns.

And when a shooting happens, it usually happens so quickly that its over before a bystander with a gun can take action anyway. Hell, this guy got into a bar in the middle of 300 bikers and killed two people before they could get him.:crazy:

Wow.....just wow.

The real sad part is that there are tons of people who "think" just like this guy.

You need some serious help. Seriously. :rolleyes: