PDA

View Full Version : Power Mods Rc 550 injectors in a Stock engine?

BlacKalypso
05-27-2008, 11:44 PM
Ok, digg this... I inherited some RC 550 injectors. I want to put them on my 96 Integra LS which is mostly stock. I just dont know if it's a good thing for the engine or bad. What's you all's opinion on the matter?

81911SC
05-27-2008, 11:46 PM
Do you even know what they do?

BlacKalypso
05-27-2008, 11:55 PM
Do you even know what they do?
Yeah I do, they came off my 94 boosted LS...but at the same rate Idk about them being on my stock motor. I don't want to be hard headed and put them on and something happens.

ash7
05-28-2008, 12:12 AM
Ok, digg this... I inherited some RC 550 injectors. I want to put them on my 96 Integra LS which is mostly stock. I just dont know if it's a good thing for the engine or bad. What's you all's opinion on the matter?

if you inherited them, how were they on a car you already owned in the first place? (your boosted 94 LS) :thinking:

at any rate - what is the point of running something that big on a stock engine? It's stupid and you shouldn't do it. Don't even waste your time installing them when you don't need them. :???:

Better yet - take the turbo kit off your boosted LS and install it on your other stock LS. Then you'd have good reason to put the 550s on there. :goodjob:

*sigh*
-jonathan

BlacKalypso
05-28-2008, 12:19 AM
if you inherited them, how were they on a car you already owned in the first place? (your boosted 94 LS) :thinking:

at any rate - what is the point of running something that big on a stock engine? It's stupid and you shouldn't do it. Don't even waste your time installing them when you don't need them. :???:

Better yet - take the turbo kit off your boosted LS and install it on your other stock LS. Then you'd have good reason to put the 550s on there. :goodjob:

*sigh*
-jonathan
I inherited the whole car. Its just a problem with time and distance as far as the boost kit. All my parts are in VA (at school) and Im home. But it is what it...Ill figure it out. And thats what I wanted to know. If I needed them or not... I appreciate it

Barefoot
05-28-2008, 12:39 AM
u dont need them. youll do more harm than good with them.

ash7
05-28-2008, 12:52 AM
I inherited the whole car. Its just a problem with time and distance as far as the boost kit. All my parts are in VA (at school) and Im home. But it is what it...Ill figure it out. And thats what I wanted to know. If I needed them or not... I appreciate it

not a problem sir! :)

-jonathan

LongLiveH2b
05-28-2008, 01:18 AM
:eek: when did u wake up!? gas is $4+ dollars a gallon buddy, are u :crazy: :crazy::crazy:

just listen to what "se7en" said and you'll be straight.....

revsk8erdude
05-28-2008, 08:58 AM
for real dude, gas is too damn expensive to piss away like that. it wont even cange any HP ratings either. its useless.

enjoy the MPG's!!

wanksta
05-28-2008, 09:30 AM
your stock injectors can make 50hp more than your engine is making. i'll buy those 550s if you dont need em

Gorilla Eg!
06-07-2008, 07:15 PM
:eek: when did u wake up!? gas is $4+ dollars a gallon buddy, are u :crazy: :crazy::crazy:

just listen to what "se7en" said and you'll be straight.....

NO SH*T!!!! bigger injectors = more fuel = worse gas milage = MORE $$$!!!

PLUS bigger injectors on a stock motor are pointless :no:

scttydb411
06-07-2008, 08:25 PM
unless you're planning on tuning for the larger injectors it's pointless like has been stated above.

T34me
06-07-2008, 09:29 PM
the are useless to you....but on the other hand, my sc could use them, how much you want for them?

watdaflo?
06-10-2008, 08:22 AM
theres no point in using those injectors on a stock motor. unless you plan on boosting i would not use the 550cc. even if you had all the basic boltons and some, 550's would still be way more than you need.

watdaflo?
06-10-2008, 12:26 PM
wow, this noob neg repped me 'a little late there buddy'. lol, grow up. trying to give my .02 cents.

Sport1.3
06-10-2008, 12:33 PM
lol

Neon Nick
06-10-2008, 12:40 PM
theres no point in using those injectors on a stock motor. unless you plan on boosting i would not use the 550cc. even if you had all the basic boltons and some, 550's would still be way more than you need.
Actually, injectors for those cars have always been undersized from the factory. I say going with the 550's will give you a good boost in power. Let us know how it feels when you get those on.

watdaflo?
06-10-2008, 12:44 PM
Actually, injectors for those cars have always been undersized from the factory. I say going with the 550's will give you a good boost in power. Let us know how it feels when you get those on.

o, i never knew that. so how much more power can i get with a stock car just by putting bigger injectors? can i buy like 750cc for more?

Neon Nick
06-10-2008, 12:47 PM
o, i never knew that. so how much more power can i get with a stock car just by putting bigger injectors? can i buy like 750cc for more?
Yeah, in general the higher the cc the more power and the first two numbers are how much power you're adding (like shots of nitrous). So 550cc would add 55hp, 750cc would be 75hp, etc.

watdaflo?
06-10-2008, 01:02 PM
Yeah, in general the higher the cc the more power and the first two numbers are how much power you're adding (like shots of nitrous). So 550cc would add 55hp, 750cc would be 75hp, etc.

i learn something new everyday. and there reletively cheap too. i love this forum!:goodjob:

Neon Nick
06-10-2008, 01:05 PM
i learn something new everyday. and there reletively cheap too. i love this forum!:goodjob:
That's what it's all about, helping fellow tuners out! :cheers:

Jaimecbr900
06-10-2008, 01:25 PM

Please, please, please.....don't give out any more "advice" like that. It is 100% incorrect. That "formula" is something that I've never even heard of before, let alone correct.

Adding bigger injectors to a STOCK engined car brings up several problems:

#1. How is the stock ecu going to control those bigger injectors? Simply dropping in injectors that are almost twice as large as stock is not going to do anything but not let the car run at all. The ecu doesn't have the proper map nor capabilities to do that. So it will try to run 550's like the stock 240's, which doesn't work. Not now, not ever.

#2. "Power" is a combination of both fuel and air. Yes, more fuel equals more power, but ONLY WHEN more air is also introduced. So if you just dump a bunch more fuel, even if #1 above would let you (which it won't), then you're not going to make ANY more power until you dump in more air accordingly. So just putting in bigger injectors is NOT going to net you more power. Not 55 hp, not 5 hp.

DC2NR
06-10-2008, 01:46 PM

Lol i bet you're serious too... :lmfao:

B_Hoov
06-10-2008, 09:04 PM
:thinking: not even going to chime in on this one...

G.C
06-13-2008, 09:26 PM
useless thread. delete it please.

All Stock
06-15-2008, 11:02 AM
:lmfao::lmfao:This thread has some of the worst info ever.

OP, go to www.rceng.com and read through the FAQ.