PDA

View Full Version : Focal speakers??

JDMJAYDC2
05-27-2008, 09:15 PM
im my search for my headunit i heard these speakers at hi fi buys and i love them but at 199 a pair im almost not wanting to get them seeing as how im gonna need 4 but damn they sounded good and come with a 3 year warranty for free replacement. anyone have these or heard anything about them?

yerrow
05-27-2008, 10:15 PM
focal makes some great components, their whole line from bottom to top sound good.

forget rear fill, overrated just stick with the components up front

MusicManG3
05-27-2008, 10:23 PM
Hybrid Audio audio's clarus will kick any focal speaker ever made in the pants.

The focal midbass is pretty good, their tweeters by comparison to others really sound pretty bad. Their are certainly better speakers, and especially for the money.

Kyle
05-27-2008, 10:39 PM
focal makes badass stuff and have a great reputation. I'm surprised hifi buys sells them.

sina518
05-27-2008, 10:40 PM
i vote for hybrid audio

Ol' Gregg
05-27-2008, 11:01 PM
focal makes badass stuff and have a great reputation. I'm surprised hifi buys sells them.

best speakers ever made. hifi buys had an account with orca. they distribute the speakers so the us. their tweeters are some of the best out there. for 199 a set your talking about the access line. great load speaker. its their entry line yet sounds better than (exp. alpine R, infinity kappa, allmost anyother speaker in that price range) if ya have anyother questions about the speakers send me a PM.

redgst97
05-27-2008, 11:02 PM
i vote for hybrid audio

Quoted for truth.

Ol' Gregg
05-27-2008, 11:03 PM
i vote for hybrid audio

great speaker but not for the price. much better speakers out there for the $500 to $750 range

MusicManG3
05-28-2008, 06:32 AM
great speaker but not for the price. much better speakers out there for the $500 to $750 range

Really? I would put the hybrids against speakers in the 1,000 dollar price range.

We A/B compared focal utopia Be 3 way components(7,000 dollars retail?) against the hybrid audio legatia 3 way, and EACH speaker in the hyrbid component set sounded much much better without a doubt.

To each their own I guess.

b@d @pple
05-28-2008, 08:13 AM
focal are good speakers,but hybrid owns them...teh truth bicthez

Ol' Gregg
05-28-2008, 10:29 PM
Really? I would put the hybrids against speakers in the 1,000 dollar price range.

We A/B compared focal utopia Be 3 way components(7,000 dollars retail?) against the hybrid audio legatia 3 way, and EACH speaker in the hyrbid component set sounded much much better without a doubt.

To each their own I guess.

no way no way. not to come off like a a hole (seriously) but look at the top 3 in iasca (isqc) right now in points. focal, rainbow, focal. The third place car is running the k2p. hybrid is not even on top 10. number 10 is a dimond audio car. the $4000 utopia set, depending on witch one kit 5 6 or 7, is hands down one of the best sounding speakers out there. like i said not to be a a hole. the hybrid's sound much better than the 2003 2004 utopia set witch only cost about 500 back in the day

redgst97
05-28-2008, 11:37 PM
If only Hybrid Audio guys competed....

JDMJAYDC2
05-29-2008, 05:10 AM
any way to get them cheaper than 199 a pair i saw them at the hi fi buys on alpharetta hwy

yerrow
05-29-2008, 08:57 AM
gotta pay to play!

JDMJAYDC2
05-29-2008, 09:36 PM
true ^^^^ they do sound great though and they were blowing the 1200 dollar speakes out the water

Ol' Gregg
05-30-2008, 10:43 AM
any way to get them cheaper than 199 a pair i saw them at the hi fi buys on alpharetta hwy

get them if ya want . you will be happy.

JDMJAYDC2
05-31-2008, 10:02 AM
yeah i went back up there to hear how they sounded out of a apline head unit they had come in and im still in love with the premier one i saw the first time plus it has a ipod jack so im sold on it just gotta get my money together to get the speakers and head unit at the same time

big99miketma
06-01-2008, 07:41 PM
no way no way. not to come off like a a hole (seriously) but look at the top 3 in iasca (isqc) right now in points. focal, rainbow, focal. The third place car is running the k2p. hybrid is not even on top 10. number 10 is a dimond audio car. the $4000 utopia set, depending on witch one kit 5 6 or 7, is hands down one of the best sounding speakers out there. like i said not to be a a hole. the hybrid's sound much better than the 2003 2004 utopia set witch only cost about 500 back in the day

Yes very much truth, I listened to this comparison also, and it was the brand new 3 way set.

and yes look at the IASCA standings or better yet finals from last year.

http://blogs.caraudiomag.com/6219727/car-audio-news/mtx-and-hybrid-audio-at-nopi-and-iasca-finals/index.html

I think that top 5 out of 9 is pretty worthy for being called the best considering the last time that happened was in '89 with Quart.

So then what speakers are better for the price??

The Clarus series that somebody else has previously mentioned in this thread which are in the $400-500 range here is a review about those.

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1004428

BanginJimmy
06-01-2008, 10:53 PM
Brax Graphic Pro are some of the best in the world, but I dont think you can get a single tweeter from the set for $500.

Ol' Gregg
06-02-2008, 07:52 PM
:D
Yes very much truth, I listened to this comparison also, and it was the brand new 3 way set.

and yes look at the IASCA standings or better yet finals from last year.

http://blogs.caraudiomag.com/6219727/car-audio-news/mtx-and-hybrid-audio-at-nopi-and-iasca-finals/index.html

I think that top 5 out of 9 is pretty worthy for being called the best considering the last time that happened was in '89 with Quart.

So then what speakers are better for the price??

The Clarus series that somebody else has previously mentioned in this thread which are in the $400-500 range here is a review about those.

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1004428

listen to what you think sounds good. judges will be judges and not the 2 are the same. i swear by focals and i run bostons.... everybody is different. im just telling the kid focals are great if not (in my opinion) are the best sounding out there. when you get into sound quality i would say 75% of how it sounds comes from the install and location. any good installer can agree with that

MusicManG3
06-03-2008, 07:56 PM
:D

listen to what you think sounds good. judges will be judges and not the 2 are the same. i swear by focals and i run bostons.... everybody is different. im just telling the kid focals are great if not (in my opinion) are the best sounding out there. when you get into sound quality i would say 75% of how it sounds comes from the install and location. any good installer can agree with that

Well THE KID is telling you, I have held the fabled Focal Utopia Be speakers in my hands, and I have put them to the test. Frankly every part of the focal line is nothing more than overpriced french pieces of ****. Sorry to sound like an a hole.

I'm just not down to hear your excuses and arguements against results. If it wins it wins, if it works it works.

Ol' Gregg
06-03-2008, 11:34 PM
Well THE KID is telling you, I have held the fabled Focal Utopia Be speakers in my hands, and I have put them to the test. Frankly every part of the focal line is nothing more than overpriced french pieces of ****. Sorry to sound like an a hole.

I'm just not down to hear your excuses and arguements against results. If it wins it wins, if it works it works.

its cool... ive installed rainbows before ohhhhhhh. im just saying the best set system i have ever heard was one of my old installs with ted brannon in hifi buys in fayettville
this is his new setup witch sounds great... not knocking the install or installers, but i think his old setup sounded a tad bit better
yet the judges still ranking him #1 in class. guess judges vary
http://www.focal-america.com/installs/atlanta/index.html

or even did some small touchup work on jamie's truck at car tunes
http://www.focal-america.com/installs/boomer/expedition/index.html
load truck yet still sooo clean and clear
ohh yea and my no means everevereverever would i say the hybrids sound bad. they sound amazing. i just guess i hear differently than others

DinanM3atl
06-04-2008, 10:09 AM
Spring for some Rainbow Audio :)

You won't be disappointed!

Ol' Gregg
06-04-2008, 11:47 AM
Spring for some Rainbow Audio :)

You won't be disappointed!

agreed lol

DinanM3atl
06-04-2008, 02:27 PM
agreed lol

That is what I use in my 5 Series :)

Germanium Fronts
Soundline Rears

JDMJAYDC2
06-04-2008, 07:18 PM
i have infinity kappas in the fronts now im thinking of moving those to the rear and getting the focals up front should i really pay for the install of these speakers seeing as how its 2 screws and push in the connector for the speaker and done! hi fi buys wants 40 bucks for that. The reason i am asking is i was told by the guy that works there that if they are installed buy a focal supplier then i can have them replaced for 3 years if anything goes wrong with the speakers. Do these speakers last a long time? i wont be using a sub or even a amp just the headunit

Ol' Gregg
06-05-2008, 03:50 PM
i have infinity kappas in the fronts now im thinking of moving those to the rear and getting the focals up front should i really pay for the install of these speakers seeing as how its 2 screws and push in the connector for the speaker and done! hi fi buys wants 40 bucks for that. The reason i am asking is i was told by the guy that works there that if they are installed buy a focal supplier then i can have them replaced for 3 years if anything goes wrong with the speakers. Do these speakers last a long time? i wont be using a sub or even a amp just the headunit

do it man.. its gonna sound great... but spend some extra do jo and get some dynamat.... dont go all out (unless you want to) but do some of the door remeber to tell donnie (the sales guy at hifi) that gregg sent ya and he should help ya out alittle

JDMJAYDC2
06-08-2008, 07:57 AM
is donnie the big black guy with the axiom if so i remember him from when he used to work at the southlake store

Ol' Gregg
06-08-2008, 11:49 PM
is donnie the big black guy with the axiom if so i remember him from when he used to work at the southlake store

yea i worked with him in fayettville and then i went to alpheretta than johnson ferry where than the store closed (oh well) but yea thats him. great guy

okra1981
06-09-2008, 12:31 PM
I'm glad someone mentioned Boston, I have always loved them. I haven't heard any of their new speakers in about seven years, but when I was growing up, they were the best. I always thought they were better than Quarts at least.

Ol' Gregg
06-15-2008, 01:26 PM
I'm glad someone mentioned Boston, I have always loved them. I haven't heard any of their new speakers in about seven years, but when I was growing up, they were the best. I always thought they were better than Quarts at least.
for some odd reason... to me, i love how they sound. i know there are 100's of better speakers out there but when i spent 1100 dollars on a set of front speakers i went straight back to my bostons and got a new set

big99miketma
06-15-2008, 03:24 PM
For all you Boston lovers i have some I would like to sell (PRO 50 and PRO 60)