PDA

View Full Version : Misc What do you think of SOAD?

90_ACCORD
05-27-2008, 10:15 AM
If you ever listen to system of a down i want to know what you think about them. I dont think there bad at all but my girlfriend disagrees with me and thinks they suck more than anything. Im jw what everyone else has to say bout them.

HyPer50
05-27-2008, 03:33 PM
Your girlfriend is retarded and they rock... That sums it up.

ubers2k
05-27-2008, 03:41 PM
I can't stand the vocals... at all. I tried to get into them when I was in highschool, but couldn't find a reason why I could like them. And I listen to ALOT of heavy and experimental stuff...

tony
05-27-2008, 03:45 PM
Chop Suey, one of the best songs ever..

ATL_EG
05-27-2008, 03:48 PM
If you ever listen to system of a down i want to know what you think about them. I dont think there bad at all but my girlfriend disagrees with me and thinks they suck more than anything. Im jw what everyone else has to say bout them.

there pretty good, never been one of my favorites tho

nice to see some1 from snellville tho

Ran
05-27-2008, 04:01 PM
System of a Down is much like Rage Against the Machine; no musical talent what-so-ever but trying to bank on the political front with "symbolic" lyrics. They fail rather hard at it though.

All in all, they're pretty much just rambling garbage.

FriskyWalrus
05-27-2008, 04:03 PM
damn Ran. i enjoy their older stuff alot though. from SOAD to Steal This Album. some stuff on Mezmerize and Hypnotize was good

Ran
05-27-2008, 04:38 PM
damn Ran. i enjoy their older stuff alot though. from SOAD to Steal This Album. some stuff on Mezmerize and Hypnotize was goodSorry, but I've yet to see anything that even resembles talent to come from System. The music is sloppy and unorganized while the vocals are bland and repetitive. The "sports announcer" sounding vocalist doesn't help either. They just come off as a garage band taken to the worst extreme.

FriskyWalrus
05-27-2008, 04:43 PM
Sorry, but I've yet to see anything that even resembles talent to come from System. The music is sloppy and unorganized while the vocals are bland and repetitive. The "sports announcer" sounding vocalist doesn't help either. They just come off as a garage band taken to the worst extreme.eh to each his own. i did however get my friend into more Dir En Grey last night. which is sad cause hes japanese and listens to AKG all the time

90_ACCORD
05-27-2008, 10:08 PM
good to know people agree with me out there
still cant convince my girlfriend one bit

redpanda
06-02-2008, 11:28 AM
toxicity was the only song I kind of enjoyed

eViLMunkey
06-02-2008, 12:37 PM
early stuff of theirs I like.. but I do like the political points they have been fighting.. plus Serj's own project has come out very well..

eViLMunkey
06-02-2008, 12:38 PM
Chop Suey, one of the best songs ever..

Nope... Sugar!

DinanM3atl
06-04-2008, 09:58 AM
System of a Down is much like Rage Against the Machine; no musical talent what-so-ever but trying to bank on the political front with "symbolic" lyrics. They fail rather hard at it though.

All in all, they're pretty much just rambling garbage.

Wow...

I LOVE SOAD and also Rage...

I always wonder when someone calls someone elses music garbage what they have to offer to counter? So what do you have? What is some good "nu-metal" that has musical talent?

In the mainstream(IE Pop/Radio Rock(as I call it IE Nickleback)/etc) bands like Korn, Slipknot, SOAD, Mudvayne etc etc etc are all "too hard" and not really "radio ready".

Personally that is my favorite type of music, was even able to work it into my wedding :) Convinced the wife to let us get announced as "Mr and Mrs Pitman" to Down with the Sickness!!! roflmao

Thighs
06-04-2008, 10:00 AM
SOAD has a few catchy songs, but for the most part they blow fat ****.

theyre too corny and very stereotypical for a "hard rock band". :gay:

DinanM3atl
06-04-2008, 10:07 AM
SOAD has a few catchy songs, but for the most part they blow fat ****.

theyre too corny and very stereotypical for a "hard rock band". :gay:

They aren't a "hard rock band" though. Closer to nu-metal than hard rock.

Ran
06-04-2008, 10:38 AM
Wow...

I LOVE SOAD and also Rage...

I always wonder when someone calls someone elses music garbage what they have to offer to counter? So what do you have? What is some good "nu-metal" that has musical talent?I'm not sure what classifies as "nu-metal" and I'm pretty sure I don't listen to it anyway so I can't help you with a better alternative within the genre. I've just never considered SOAD to have any musical talent. IMO it's too jumbled and their lyrics are remnant of something composed by a 6yr old with down syndrome. Just my opinion though.

In the mainstream(IE Pop/Radio Rock(as I call it IE Nickleback)/etc) bands like Korn, Slipknot, SOAD, Mudvayne etc etc etc are all "too hard" and not really "radio ready".Eh? You hear Korn, Slipknot, and Mudvayne on the radio all the time. :???:

Personally that is my favorite type of music, was even able to work it into my wedding :) Convinced the wife to let us get announced as "Mr and Mrs Pitman" to Down with the Sickness!!! roflmaoTo each their own man. If you like them, then enjoy. It's not much cup of tea and I expressed my opinion with personal reasoning.

:goodjob:

DinanM3atl
06-04-2008, 10:44 AM
Recently 96.1 has started playing harder rock.

Luckily.