PDA

View Full Version : diy jdm itr conversion

jerzey908
05-25-2008, 01:41 PM
ok, i looking into getiing the conversion and i want to install it my self. has anybody dont this before. easy or hard. any references were i can go to find out how its done.

khaxnguyen
05-27-2008, 10:32 PM
remove entire USDM front end, using drill bits.. drill out all of the spot welds that hold on the stock core support, remove the support and cut a little bit on the sides of the stock frame to make room for the bigger JDM headlights. test fit the new support and make any necessary adjustments to make it fit good, then bolt or tack weld it into place using ALL of the spot weld holes. bolt up the lights, fenders, hood, latch, JDM bumper support, bumper and you should be good.

Barefoot
05-27-2008, 10:38 PM
remove entire USDM front end, using drill bits.. drill out all of the spot welds that hold on the stock core support, remove the support and cut a little bit on the sides of the stock frame to make room for the bigger JDM headlights. test fit the new support and make any necessary adjustments to make it fit good, then bolt or tack weld it into place using ALL of the spot weld holes. bolt up the lights, fenders, hood, latch, JDM bumper support, bumper and you should be good.beat me to it

NAIZBST
05-27-2008, 10:42 PM
I did mine myself and it is not hard..... khaxnguyen explained it

404 THE DC4
05-27-2008, 11:07 PM
Do we have to take exhaust maniford off the motor before swap jdm front end, right?

khaxnguyen
05-27-2008, 11:13 PM
Do we have to take exhaust maniford off the motor before swap jdm front end, right?

no you dont, in many cases you dont even touch the motor or any part in relation to the engine running

xlilvi3tx
05-29-2008, 05:40 AM
no you dont, in many cases you dont even touch the motor or any part in relation to the engine running

just the radiator and ac. but he got it about right. gl buddy dont mess up bc that would suck real bad