PDA

View Full Version : Misc MAJOR COMPUTER PROBLEM

RandomGuy
05-24-2008, 08:38 PM
ok so i was messin around with user accounts on this computer like a few weeks ago (by the way, my computer is NEVER off... i have it on for months at a time)... so i made one of the other accounts an administrator... or whatever.. .The account I always use is called "administrator" and is an administrator, I didn't know you could only have one admin...

So someone hit the breaker in the garage and the power in my room goes out today and I guess its the first time the computer shut off for a long time... I booted it back up and my account is now gone (administrator) i logged into the other administrator account and everything looks like I just installed windows again.... I look in the folder C:/documents and settings/ administrator / shared

where my MP3's and such are... I cant access the administrator folder... it says access denied...

So i try to recreate the administrator account... no luck it says that the account already exists ... but its not on the menu in accounts that exist

so yeah... HOW CAN I ACCESS MY SH!T .

gforce23
05-24-2008, 08:48 PM
Use an EBCD man.. shyte like this happens all the time.

Other options:
Log-on to safe mode, do a system restore - that'll eliminate the new admin account.

Bring up the classic log-on prompt at the Windows log-on screen, type administrator and your password and log-on.

RandomGuy
05-24-2008, 09:08 PM
thanks i ended up restoring it