PDA

View Full Version : Misc Jazz help

#1Beaver
05-24-2008, 10:47 AM
Anyone that knows some people i can look up to listen to, i need some names!
I love jazz but jus dont know who the hell im listening to lol
I listen to 107.5 alot but when they say trhe name of the artis im always thinking to myself damn that was a good song wish i knew who it was then i miss them sayin it
Also do you know of any jazz clubs, bars, anything i just want to be around people that love and respect the music im always around people that only like rap or r&b, i like anything i can have those two and also techno ect, and reggea the real **** not that sean paul bs i like Capelton, Buju Banton, Sizzla, jazz Joey Sommerville,Rock System of a Down,Disturbed and ALLL of the old ****, Country, Blues,Opera, Folk Dance, anything i can listen too! :blah:

But aneways thanks for your help!

quickdodgeŽ
05-24-2008, 10:55 AM
The Last Poets.

Blues/jazz. The original rapper. Look them up. Later, QD.

#1Beaver
05-24-2008, 10:56 AM
The Last Poets.

Blues/jazz. The original rapper. Look them up. Later, QD.
thanks ill do that

quickdodgeŽ
05-24-2008, 11:00 AM
Also, Gil Scott-Heron. He was a member of the Last Poets. He is commonly known as the godfather of rap.

LINK!!! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I54DgVennXU&feature=related)

These guys did a lot of spoken word over jazz or blues and even some disco. They were a big politically conscious group and spoke of a LOT of plight and urban mess of the times. Later, QD.

#1Beaver
05-24-2008, 11:11 AM
Also, Gil Scott-Heron. He was a member of the Last Poets. He is commonly known as the godfather of rap.

LINK!!! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I54DgVennXU&feature=related)

These guys did a lot of spoken word over jazz or blues and even some disco. They were a big politically conscious group and spoke of a LOT of plight and urban mess of the times. Later, QD.
i like that i also like "is that jazz" and "angel dust"

quickdodgeŽ
05-24-2008, 11:21 AM
Good shiit, huh? Later, QD.

#1Beaver
05-24-2008, 11:35 AM
hell yeah