PDA

View Full Version : The Montero is sold.... This is being dropped off today at 6:30

Killer
05-24-2008, 10:17 AM
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b132/kvb1085/buell.jpg

01 buell blast...

yes this will be my first bike.... i'm pretty thrilled... i mean this bike is nothing but raw power... 492 cc.... and 34 hp.... LOL!!! 34 hp!!!!! it does avg 69 miles to the gallon though!!!!

anyways.. i need to come up with a name for her... any good names??

JM where you at on this???

blackshine007
05-24-2008, 10:27 AM
How about Autumn? She's weak. She sucks on power, but not on gas. And she probably rides good if she can't do anything else right....

quickdodgeŽ
05-24-2008, 10:31 AM
How about Autumn? She's weak. She sucks on power, but not on gas. And she probably rides good if she can't do anything else right....

Yeah, but that ho is a failure. In a bike, you don't want a failure. Later, QD.

HalfBaked
05-24-2008, 10:35 AM
Congrats, you now have more power then most of the hondas on here.

quickdodgeŽ
05-24-2008, 10:43 AM
Congrats, you now have more power then most of the hondas on here.

Lolol. Not mine. Now. After that swap. Later, QD.

blackshine007
05-24-2008, 11:00 AM
Yeah, but that ho is a failure. In a bike, you don't want a failure. Later, QD.
Touche :cheers:

Echonova
05-24-2008, 11:03 AM
Now you can make some new friends.
http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m145/christiana_010/bikerboy-275.jpg

Killer
05-24-2008, 11:24 AM
LOL at all responses!!!

biker boyz!!! lol

Leisa
05-24-2008, 11:44 AM
Congrats.. but please be very very careful!

ironchef
05-24-2008, 11:50 AM
How much did you get it for if you dont mind me asking?

Killer
05-24-2008, 03:33 PM
Congrats.. but please be very very careful!

thanks leisa!!! i'm no dare devil... i know it's the idiots out there i have to worry about more... BUT just want everyone to know i'm not the kinda guy to "push limits" on something that could end my life in the blink of an eye!....

How much did you get it for if you dont mind me asking?

buell blasts are the lower end buell... they aren't very expensive to begin with.. this is an 01 model with custom exhaust and paint... but all in that year/mileage area were running anywhere from 1600-2000...

and i've read everywhere that it is a GREAT starter bike... matter of fact a lot of the "bike courses" use the blast to teach people how to ride....

ironchef
05-24-2008, 03:40 PM
Hows the reliability? I was looking into getting a starter/commuter bike soon.

Killer
05-24-2008, 03:43 PM
i've heard nothing but good things about them...

and that parts are cheap and plentiful.. and easy to replace.

Pher
05-24-2008, 03:58 PM
I've been thinking about getting a bike myself and getting rid of the integra. Gas is so brutal and I don't feel like driving a smart car.

I look forward to hearing more as the weeks/months progress and see how you still like it.

MistaCee
05-25-2008, 12:36 PM
Beautiful bike for 2000! Careful though man.

Killer
05-26-2008, 06:24 PM
yeah, i just stop and stare at it every time i walk by!!!

i've rode it up and down the road here in my subdivision.. and have come to one conclusion.....

I DON'T KNOW HOW TO RIDE A BIKE!!!! lol (no but seriously)...

took me a second to grasp the concept of "slowly letting off the clutch"... almost hit eds evo before i even got it out of my driveway!!!!

two, i do not know how to turn... i've had 4 diff people tell me 4 diff things about turning...

SO on that note i won't be riding this thing until i go take the course..... i don't want to be another guy who ends up hurt/dead on a bike... and this is so different than driving anything else i've ever driven...

so the bike will be sitting for a little while :( but hey, i'm trying to be smart about this!!!

MistaCee
05-26-2008, 06:38 PM
yeah, i just stop and stare at it every time i walk by!!!

i've rode it up and down the road here in my subdivision.. and have come to one conclusion.....

I DON'T KNOW HOW TO RIDE A BIKE!!!! lol (no but seriously)...

took me a second to grasp the concept of "slowly letting off the clutch"... almost hit eds evo before i even got it out of my driveway!!!!

two, i do not know how to turn... i've had 4 diff people tell me 4 diff things about turning...

SO on that note i won't be riding this thing until i go take the course..... i don't want to be another guy who ends up hurt/dead on a bike... and this is so different than driving anything else i've ever driven...

so the bike will be sitting for a little while :( but hey, i'm trying to be smart about this!!!

smart move man!

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii269/dizzydesir/loading_the_bike.gif

Ed
05-27-2008, 07:42 AM
lol...

almost hit my car...

looks like i have to teach you how to ride it.

ah man im so jealous, i want that bike so bad. if you ever decide to sell it, i got dibs son.

Sammich
05-27-2008, 07:45 AM
fits killer perfect

Killer
05-27-2008, 08:15 AM
lol...

almost hit my car...

looks like i have to teach you how to ride it.

ah man im so jealous, i want that bike so bad. if you ever decide to sell it, i got dibs son.

lol actually i talked to a buddy about riding the other day.. he told me how to turn.. i got this on lock down son!!! lol... after i made that post yesterday i went out in the subdivision and tried again... and did just fine made multiple turns in the neighborhood... it was awesome feeling...

still not gonna get out and ride the roads though... and i gotta get that sputter/stall problem fixed....

Killer
05-27-2008, 08:17 AM
fits killer perfect

actually... it's a bit small..... lol..

^^^ true story.. they lowered the front end for the chick that used to own it... so i gotta get it lifted back to stock... it's about 1-2 inches short... and i actually sit back farther on the seat than what i think is intended... if not i sit on my balls!!! lol

Ed
05-27-2008, 08:18 AM
lol actually i talked to a buddy about riding the other day.. he told me how to turn.. i got this on lock down son!!! lol... after i made that post yesterday i went out in the subdivision and tried again... and did just fine made multiple turns in the neighborhood... it was awesome feeling...

still not gonna get out and ride the roads though... and i gotta get that sputter/stall problem fixed....

yeah... can i come over and take it for a spin? :D

sunday i went over to my friends place, and hes got a dirt bike and i was riding that i was like i wish i had one. i want yo bike son.

Sammich
05-27-2008, 08:19 AM
and i actually sit back farther on the seat than what i think is intended... if not i sit on my balls!!! lol

so whats the problem? lol

i quit...go get it lifted u nagga hater lol

Killer
05-27-2008, 08:21 AM
so whats the problem? lol

i quit...go get it lifted u nagga hater lol

i'm pretty sure it's just a matter of loosening 4 bolts... and lifting the front end.. i think i can do it my self... besides that.. my dad has a bike jack/lift... whatever you call it...

ShooterMcGavin
05-27-2008, 10:46 AM
name it the deathtrap? :dunno:

Ed
05-27-2008, 10:46 AM
name it wayne's mom

Killer
05-27-2008, 10:59 AM
name it the deathtrap? :dunno:

lol...

ima get a "killer" tag for it.. ... i figure it's suitable for a bike!!! lol

Killer
05-27-2008, 10:59 AM
name it wayne's mom

that is always the correct answer to any question.....

mocha latte cupcake
05-27-2008, 11:30 AM
mmmm very nice! can't wait for it! give me a little bit on the name and i'll find ya one :D very nice though!

Killer
05-27-2008, 02:41 PM
thanks!

yeah.. i've got a lot of plans for it... (not really performance... just to make the bike look better)