PDA

View Full Version : Why do people LEASE there cars?

Julio
08-19-2005, 10:01 PM
I don't see the purpose of it, Unless is for Business purpose?

PSINXS
08-19-2005, 10:02 PM
so they can floss in something they dont own

Trouble300zx
Because they're stupid????

Scrappy
they tried to make me lease it... a waste of money and get nothing out of it... hate people take advantage of girls with cars...

D16Civic
08-19-2005, 10:03 PM
isnt the monthly payment with a lease cheaper??

Leisa
08-19-2005, 10:04 PM
I leased my Saturn 3 dr coupe before I got my focus.... at that point I thought I deserved a new car every 3 yrs....

Julio
08-19-2005, 10:04 PM
isnt the monthly payment with a lease cheaper??

In some cases... But I know people paying up the ass on monthly payments. So Im not sure... never leased a car before.

Brett
08-19-2005, 10:06 PM
Thats like a few dumb ass people I know who have a lease car and have done full turbo's on some, full body kits on others, etc.... Now thats fucking stupid to do on a lease car

YokotaS13
08-19-2005, 10:08 PM
my parents lease them because they use so few miles on them, they can trade it back in on a newer model of what they want and not loose alotta cash. If i didnt modify cars, id do the same.

Spyder
08-19-2005, 10:09 PM
here is the reason for leased cars, you always own a new car, it is pretty much always under warranty and even if it isnt its so new you dont have to deal with it breaking down. also once you are making a car payment alot of people just get used to making it so its no big deal to basically make a car payment forever...

oh and its a tax write off, 100% deductable..

Julio
08-19-2005, 10:11 PM
here is the reason for leased cars, you always own a new car, it is pretty much always under warranty and even if it isnt its so new you dont have to deal with it breaking down. also once you are making a car payment alot of people just get used to making it so its no big deal to basically make a car payment forever...

oh and its a tax write off, 100% deductable..

good point.

Brett
08-19-2005, 10:12 PM
I would have no issue with leasing, It allows you to afford much more car then what youd usally be able to get, and I have no issues making car payments, I have been making them since I was 18, have never had a paid off car, I always trade them in before its done for a new car, The civic will be the first car I have ever kept the full time and paid off, and thats paid for in November, But if I wasnt into modding cars, Id lease

Spyder
08-19-2005, 10:13 PM
I would have no issue with leasing, It allows you to afford much more car then what youd usally be able to get, and I have no issues making car payments, I have been making them since I was 18, have never had a paid off car, I always trade them in before its done for a new car, The civic will be the first car I have ever kept the full time and paid off, and thats paid for in November, But if I wasnt into modding cars, Id lease

yea well i only covered the positive side of it as far as a lease is conserned, there are alot of negatives, especially for those that want to modify their ride..

Brett
08-19-2005, 10:17 PM
Thats the main bad thing for people like us, We just need to grow up and quit this shit and lease a vette :D

Julio
08-19-2005, 10:17 PM

A couple of more month and you will have the tittle on that biznitch! w00t w00t

Spyder
08-19-2005, 10:18 PM
Thats the main bad thing for people like us, We just need to grow up and quit this shit and lease a vette :D

well that is the thing if you are leasing it as a daily , you really dont need much, hell you can get a vet as a daily and have a civic as a show car, i will make fun of you but you could do it lol

Julio

got that shit right....

Deaf Pimp
I'm almost at that point... I seem to buy a new car every 1.5/2 years, so instead of going through the hassle of selling a car everytime. I'm thinking about it, but if I am going to lease a car, it has to be $0 down. There is not many leases you can get without have no money down.

Spyder
08-19-2005, 10:20 PM
I'm almost at that point... I seem to buy a new car every 1.5/2 years, so instead of going through the hassle of selling a car everytime. I'm thinking about it, but if I am going to lease a car, it has to be $0 down. There is not many leases you can get without have no money down.
true but if you were disciplined enough you could set aside a little money each month for the down payment every couple years, effectively paying the same for a lease as you would for a purchase.

Scrappy
08-19-2005, 10:21 PM
^ go back in your hole!

Spyder
08-19-2005, 10:22 PM
^ go back in your hole!

:eye:

Scrappy
08-19-2005, 10:22 PM
that was towards the saab owner!!! DONT START ;)

mp5o
08-19-2005, 10:23 PM
I believe it's "their", not "there."

Scrappy
08-19-2005, 10:23 PM
^ dont correct the IA HEAD HOMIE! get a butt beating for that

mp5o
08-19-2005, 10:24 PM
pfffftt

Mike4831
08-19-2005, 10:24 PM
Dumbest thing you could ever do.

Scrappy
08-19-2005, 10:25 PM
^ is be you! HAHAHA

mp5o
08-19-2005, 10:25 PM
pffffffffffffffffft

Spyder
08-19-2005, 10:26 PM
^ is be you! HAHAHA
:lmfao:

Mike4831
08-19-2005, 10:26 PM
^ is be you! HAHAHA

Huh?

Scrappy
08-19-2005, 10:27 PM
im being a e-thug, spyda threatened to ban me :D

Spyder
08-19-2005, 10:28 PM
Huh?

She was saying your a an idiot i belive, and i cant help but agree unless you have some reason to back up what you said.. it isnt the "dumbest thing you could ever do" there are alot worse things you can do... altezza...giant wings... body kits... so on, but we are talking about Leases here.. i justified a few good reasons for having it explain why it is the "dumbest"

Scrappy
08-19-2005, 10:30 PM
i was saying it cant get worse than being you as a person... saying i would rather be in debt leasing than to be you for a day

Julio
08-19-2005, 10:31 PM
Spelling B champ here.. dont fuck with my skillzzzz ...

damn I suck at spelling..

Mike4831
08-19-2005, 10:31 PM
From a finacial stand point, leasing a car is stupid. Let me put it to you this way, what gradification do you get from making payments on a car you will never own? You are restricted to hell with the milage of the car. So you might get a new car every three years, but you are more than likely going to be in debt the rest of your life anyway, so what is the point.

Mike4831
08-19-2005, 10:33 PM
i was saying it cant get worse than being you as a person... saying i would rather be in debt leasing than to be you for a day

What hell?

Spyder
08-19-2005, 10:34 PM
From a finacial stand point, leasing a car is stupid. Let me put it to you this way, what gradification do you get from making payments on a car you will never own? You are restricted to hell with the milage of the car. So you might get a new car every three years, but you are more than likely going to be in debt the rest of your life anyway, so what is the point.

i pointed out the rest of it in a previous post, and depending on the car and the business you are in it is very nice to have a 150,000+ dollar car that is a complete tax write off where as a purchased car is not a tax deduction. some people also take comfort in knowing they have a good car and dont have to worry about anything in terms of maintance short of changing oil and putting in gas.

Scrappy
08-19-2005, 10:34 PM
^ either you forgot a word... or are a true idiot... cause that isnt a complete thought or sentence...

Deaf Pimp
08-19-2005, 10:35 PM

You will always have debt, so what? Your comments are pretty narrow-minded. You have to think of other factors.

Spyder
What hell?
She is special man.. real... real.. "special"

Scrappy
OHHH pat being a punk too :D go play iwth the twins!

Spyder
^ either you forgot a word... or are a true idiot... cause that isnt a complete thought or sentence...

you need to work on your pointing skillz :eye:

Chuckster
08-19-2005, 10:36 PM
for some peeps its cheaper depending on the car. you do not have to put a down payment and have like a $400 payment a month on like a 50g car

down fall is if you like tuning cars your fucked cuz you will lose all that money. If you fuck somethign up, you end up having to pay for it.

It really all depends on the type of person.

Spyder
Spelling B champ here.. dont fuck with my skillzzzz ...

damn I suck at spelling..
Just claim it isnt your native language so you don't always understand, i do that.

Scrappy
She is special man.. real... real.. "special"

JEALOUS!

Mike4831
08-19-2005, 10:37 PM
i pointed out the rest of it in a previous post, and depending on the car and the business you are in it is very nice to have a 150,000+ dollar car that is a complete tax write off where as a purchased car is not a tax deduction. some people also take comfort in knowing they have a good car and dont have to worry about anything in terms of maintance short of changing oil and putting in gas.

That aspect of it is fine, but for a typical consumer it really doesn't benefit anyone but the dealership. And as far as maintenance goes, most cars these days don't require any major tune up for at least 60k miles. And some cars have warranties that surpass that.

Mike4831
08-19-2005, 10:39 PM
You will always have debt, so what? Your comments are pretty narrow-minded. You have to think of other factors.

I wouldn't call it pretty narrow minded, but I grew up in a house with parents who worked for everything and became millionaires by the time they were 50. And I take everything my parents say to heart. And they always told me never to rent or lease anything. It is the biggest mistake you can make.

Scrappy
08-19-2005, 10:40 PM
no the biggest mistake you can make is being you ;) already covered that area...

Spyder
08-19-2005, 10:41 PM
That aspect of it is fine, but for a typical consumer it really doesn't benefit anyone but the dealership. And as far as maintenance goes, most cars these days don't require any major tune up for at least 60k miles. And some cars have warranties that surpass that.

Warranty doesn't cover things that should have been done in normal maintance. if you dont change your oil in 60k miles they dont just give you a new motor, so that part of it is just a given expense of owning an auto. the flips side of it is when in a lease car you never go past the 60k warranty because it is due back before then, if you DO go past it you are fucked anyhow lol.

*glad to see you discussing instead of just giving non expressive 5 word statements ;) *

Deaf Pimp
I wouldn't call it pretty narrow minded, but I grew up in a house with parents who worked for everything and became millionaires by the time they were 50. And I take everything my parents say to heart. And they always told me never to rent or lease anything. It is the biggest mistake you can make.

Damn, you are a momma/daddy's boy... I bet they still change your diapers too! :lmfao:

mp5o
Damn, thats harsh.

mp5o
08-19-2005, 10:42 PM
no the biggest mistake you can make is being you ;) already covered that area...

I was refering to that.

Spyder

i think a life of drugs and alcohol ranks up there somewhere with rent.. :lmfao:

Mike4831

I am quite happy with my life...

Apparently something in your life isn't as great and you try to feel superior to everyone else by attempting to cut them down.

Julio
08-19-2005, 10:43 PM
wtf happened to my thread...

Oh, wait a minute.. Is importatlanta.com..

Scrappy
nah, just e-thuggin cause i am bored lol dont take it seirously... :D

Spyder
Damn, you are a momma/daddy's boy... I bet they still change your diapers too! :lmfao:

Come on now there is nothing wrong with listening to people that are older , wiser , and started with nothing and now have substancial wealth.. unless they still change your diapers :lmfao:

Spyder
08-19-2005, 10:44 PM
wtf happened to my thread...

Oh, wait a minute.. Is importatlanta.com..

move out the way , whores coming thru!

Mike4831
08-19-2005, 10:44 PM
Warranty doesn't cover things that should have been done in normal maintance. if you dont change your oil in 60k miles they dont just give you a new motor, so that part of it is just a given expense of owning an auto. the flips side of it is when in a lease car you never go past the 60k warranty because it is due back before then, if you DO go past it you are fucked anyhow lol.

*glad to see you discussing instead of just giving non expressive 5 word statements ;) *

That is very true. I have noticed over the years that IA has very few people on here you can actually discuss topics. Not everyone is going to have the same views as everyone else, but because people as so dogmatic on here it really doesn't matter.

Spyder
08-19-2005, 10:45 PM
I am quite happy with my life...

Apparently something in your life isn't as great and you try to feel superior to everyone else by attempting to cut them down.

Dude you drive a civic how happy can you be??

bahhahaha ok that was just mean.. ill stop.. no really i will.. :jester:

Mike4831
08-19-2005, 10:46 PM
Come on now there is nothing wrong with listening to people that are older , wiser , and started with nothing and now have substancial wealth.. unless they still change your diapers :lmfao:

Well if some of the people on here don't look to older individuals for financial guidance, who are they asking?

Spyder
08-19-2005, 10:46 PM
That is very true. I have noticed over the years that IA has very few people on here you can actually discuss topics. Not everyone is going to have the same views as everyone else, but because people as so dogmatic on here it really doesn't matter.
The irony of your statement is that I first saw you as being one of "those people" with your un explained 6 word inital post.

Julio
08-19-2005, 10:47 PM

That should be spelled U.S.A.. opinions are like dingleberries, every on has some hanging but wont admited.

4dmin
is leasing a car 100% deductable from taxes, in that case its really not that bad???

Mike4831
I bought my Civic out right thank you very much. I am also in college and paying my insurance. And at least I can say my car wasn't put together in Mexico.

Julio
08-19-2005, 10:49 PM
I bought my Civic out right thank you very much. I am also in college and paying my insurance. And at least I can say my car wasn't put together in Mexico.

So where you get the 14 k or os ?

Mike4831
The irony of your statement is that I first saw you as being one of "those people" with your un explained 6 word inital post.

That is because IA has really changed over the years. More like Off Topic and Genmay. Most people don't even read what you post.

Spyder
Well if some of the people on here don't look to older individuals for financial guidance, who are they asking?

unfortunatly the rest of the IA community mainly composed of 16 year olds driving their parents camary's...

http://forums.importatlanta.com/showthread.php?t=17549

Mike4831
So where you get the 14 k or os ?

I waitered through High School and got a job to work on campus.

Spyder
That is because IA has really changed over the years. More like Off Topic and Genmay. Most people don't even read what you post.
i did, hence why we are where we are in this topic lol.

Scrappy
i have that and a house... want to compare who came from nothing and who came from a wealthy family, they helped in some way, money for food, being nice and offering, got nothing here...

Spyder
08-19-2005, 10:50 PM

your house was put together by mexicans, does that count?

Scrappy
08-19-2005, 10:51 PM
mine was, watched it get built by them, and thank them :D

Spyder
08-19-2005, 10:51 PM
is leasing a car 100% deductable from taxes, in that case its really not that bad???

PM me about tomorrow.

And yes it is , my father taught me that trick, do a long ass lease with a 1 penny purchase price when the lease is up :)

Darling Nikki
08-21-2005, 05:15 PM
Mommy and Daddy helps lil boys out so much. Gosh!!! That must be nice.

BufordŽ
08-21-2005, 08:03 PM
EVERYONE was helped by their parents at one point. No denying that. We had to get a start some where. Look at most of us, most of us are all independent now, but that's because we had help in the beginning.

Scrappy
08-21-2005, 08:05 PM
zero help since i was 16 about sums it up, yes they supported us when we were not eligable to, but since the day i could i have tried my best and have succeeded

IndianStig
08-21-2005, 08:29 PM

Please don't then we cant rag on your car for having the looks to beat a tt supra but the engine to beat a monocycle.

:lmfao: j/k

BufordŽ
08-22-2005, 12:16 AM
Please don't then we cant rag on your car for having the looks to beat a tt supra but the engine to beat a monocycle.:lmfao: j/k

LOL.

civic95
08-22-2005, 07:08 AM
Leasing a car as said before is a tax write off if you own your own business. Also a lot of companies pay people x amount of dollars for a vehicle per month. Most companies that do this require you to lease a car in order to get that allowance.

malfeas99
08-22-2005, 10:01 AM

Actually, I think that postulate is kind of simplistic. A more accurate one might be 'If it appreciates, buy it, if it depreciates, rent it'. Buying a car is a piss-poor investment, it will only depreciate and you will only lose money on it. Those that don't mind the expense of a constant car payment, and those who like to have new cars every 2-4 years (with all the benefits of being under warranty, etc.), and those who don't mind the mileage restrictions, can get quite a deal by leasing.

I'll always have one purchased car and one leased car. That way, mileage isn't an issue.