PDA

View Full Version : fuel injected to carburetor

jew_boy
05-24-2008, 08:34 AM
ok here is my problem, i got a 91 rs camaro shell that was fuel injected but i dropped a carburetor motor in it. it has a machanical fuel pump on the motor that gives it the right amount of fuel but the stock fuel pump is still in the car and it is feeding the machanical fuel pump to much pressure causing it to leak like hell. i tryed to pull the fuse for the fuel pump but then the car wont start so i put it back in and start then pull it back out and it runs like a beauty so what im asking here is there and way i can get around this fuel pump with out pulling out the fuse everytime i start it

teh_mugen18
05-24-2008, 08:46 AM
Maybe you could switch to a fuel pump thats made for a carbureted motor? Maybe in the Summit Racing catalog?

d_day87
05-25-2008, 09:22 AM
the mechanical should pull the fuel from the tank, i did the same thing in an s-10 and i just unplugged my fuel pump at the tank. one thing you could do though is a fuel pressure regulator before the mechanical fuel pump and it should be fine. or just block off the mechanical fuel pump on the block and just run the factory electric fuel pump with a fuel pressure regulator set to about 6-8 lbs. of fuel pressure.

RWD164
05-25-2008, 06:57 PM
Take the Electrical Pump out. The line running from the tank to the Intake side of the Mechanical pump can just be gravity feed. The machanical pump is low volume and pressure, so you can gravity feed fuel to the pump. My Volvo and BMW both work like this. Mechanical pumps are much more sane for carbs. Otherwise you are using pressure regulated pumps and so on...

MA