PDA

View Full Version : Misc The new Indiana Jones

nreggie454
05-23-2008, 06:05 PM
I just saw it today... not too bad. I don't consider it as good as the past ones, but it doesn't really disrespect the series, either.

Overall, I'd reccommend it if you are a fan of the series.

Also, Shia LeBeouf must have the best agent ever since he is appearing in every single huge movie lately.

EM1toEVO
05-23-2008, 08:57 PM
I have to admit that I will rent it when it comes out on dvd.

ironchef
05-23-2008, 09:15 PM
I thought it was terrible bordering on insanity.

EM1toEVO
05-23-2008, 09:16 PM
^That bad, huh? Why?

Gutling
05-23-2008, 09:22 PM
I liked it, made me go get all the old ones on dvd. Lol props to ford, he looked old in the first ones many years ago. Hes got to be getting on up there

THEONE
05-23-2008, 09:42 PM
i took my 4yr old son to see it last night and we both loved it. i dont care what any critic says about it. great movie great story and awesome effects.... but i have to say boo!!! to the idiot who came in the theater in a jones hat and actin a fool in the parking lot....lolololololol

Got Milk?
05-23-2008, 09:57 PM
I get to watch movies for free in theaters any time i want. But i chose not to go and watch to Indiana Jones due to Indiana Jones being an old character brought back.

THEONE
05-23-2008, 10:06 PM
I get to watch movies for free in theaters any time i want. But i chose not to go and watch to Indiana Jones due to Indiana Jones being an old character brought back.

damn, man. a little harsh. indiana jones is a legend for us old farts lol...

jew_boy
05-23-2008, 10:06 PM
ive not seen it yet but on the radio they said it pretty good but alot fans will hate the ending

redpanda
05-23-2008, 10:25 PM
shia lebeof is making it big. Disturbia, Transformers and Indiana Jones? not to mention the hot girls he's been making out with...

kfzemx3
05-23-2008, 10:42 PM
two thumbs down, it didn't hold true to the caliber of previous movies... Though Harrison Ford is 65 years old and its been what 20 years since the last one.

BanginJimmy
05-24-2008, 05:02 PM
I loved it. I think it held well with the old ones except it went a little over the top with some of the special effects. This movie could ahve easily been in with the others in the same time period and no one would have known the difference.

Ford is getting a bit old to be doing these movies but at the same time I think the story did a good job of aging Indy also. I admit that a couple of the fight scenes went a bit over the top though.

Mchnhead2k5
05-25-2008, 01:54 PM
Sly and Ford can't find "real" work so they have to do sequels to movies from the 80s.

On_Her_Face
05-25-2008, 02:07 PM
i went to go see this with my dad (big Indie fan). I liked it a lot, the movie did have some classic indiana jones moments. The ending was a little too much for me however, to me it was worth seeing.

eViLMunkey
05-25-2008, 04:10 PM
I'll get it on Bluray when it comes out...

bafbrian
05-26-2008, 05:44 PM
Two thumbs down.

He figured everything out way to easy and aliens? That killed the whole movie for me. Feel like I wasted my money.

Nissan Sean
05-26-2008, 06:05 PM
i didnt like the theme as much as the old ones. most of the old ones were religion based( Arc, holy grail) this one was aliens.?????????? you cant have mystical religious stuff, AND mystical alien stuff. well i guess you can but i didnt like it. movie was still good though. Indiana being older didnt ruin the movie at all, they played that into the plot, i reccomend the movie.

ShooterMcGavin
05-27-2008, 09:20 AM
i thought it was farking awful...and i'm glad that i hear the first 3 were much better than this. only thing i could think of the entire movie was how i couldn't wait for it to end so i could move on to the next movie i was about to see...

4dmin
05-27-2008, 09:55 AM
i look at it as a throwback film... honestly if you watched any of the other films today in the theater you probably think the concept is kinda weak sauce... i think they did a good job trying to place the film back in line with the previous films but it fell quite short in the dept of effects and ending. if you are a fan the ending will kill everything for you; rest of the film wasn't that bad just on par w/ the rest of the films - lots of typical indy style humor so don't expect much more then that.

Lucus had a hand in it what do you expect... dude built the greatest trilogy of all times to kill it w/ trilogy of prequels. :goodjob:

Ran
05-27-2008, 10:04 AM
I'm a big a Harrison Ford fan as well as an Indiana Jones fan. No doubt I'll enjoy this film when I go see it. :)

Kevykev
05-27-2008, 10:17 AM
Mixed reviews i see... I'm a fan so i will see it!

BKgen®
05-27-2008, 04:53 PM
i saw it last night and loved every minute of it. kinda wished it was longer lol.

FTW 10/10

On_Her_Face
05-27-2008, 04:59 PM
i saw it last night and loved every minute of it. kinda wished it was longer lol.

FTW 10/10

Yep, I loved the "classical Indie" moments.

LeX
05-29-2008, 07:12 AM
It was great in that it's an old concept and they were able to bring it forward. I wish the ending had been a bit different (the material, not the execution)

revsk8erdude
05-29-2008, 09:19 AM
i saw it last night. i thought it was pretty good but everything was concluded so quickly. it would have been so much better if they put a little extra effort into the little details.

and you cant really get mad for it being a little off of the "classic" indiana jones theme, times change and so do people. im sure paramounts main idea of the movie was to cram in as many special effects as possible and make a ton of money off the "new croud" like younger kids and such.

but it was still a good movie. anybody notice how similear leaubof looked to ford??

after ford dies, he will take his place and continue the rest of the series.

Tuan
05-30-2008, 01:55 AM
Why the hell were there aliens in this ****ing movie!!!

dnugs03rsx
05-30-2008, 02:21 AM
i work at a theatre and it blew nuts i haven't even seen it yet just the parts i saw sucked i personally liked the older ones its like lucas and spielberg were bored and did acid and tried to converge indy with an alien flick...I MEAN REALLY the fake snake part you can't toss a 200lb python like a feather...and that chicks accent was horrible apart from her whole mind reading thing..and the monkey rope swing race... please

my opinion though

SPOOLIN
05-30-2008, 07:18 AM
i havnt seen the movie, but see people going nuts over alien ****.

Crystal Skulls are REAL, no one knows where they come from or how they were made when they were. Most believe it has to do with myans and we all know they were really ****ing wierd.

ShooterMcGavin
05-30-2008, 08:10 AM
guess someone didn't tell them that xfiles doesn't come out until later this summer...

The_Goob
05-30-2008, 09:41 AM
The movie was a bit farfetched. It is an Indiana Jones movie and quite entertaining at times though so I would recommend seeing it. All the other movies are kind of out there too, like the guy that rips your heart out through your chest?! Ha...classic.

The_ CaneCorso
05-30-2008, 11:09 AM
LOL I heard if u play the indy music with national treasure its the same movie

SPOOLIN
05-30-2008, 11:53 AM
LOL I heard if u play the indy music with national treasure its the same movie

that would be jerry bruckheimers fault haha.

kfzemx3
06-03-2008, 10:44 PM
Great Indiana Jones Review (http://indyohmy.ytmnd.com/)

SPOOLIN
06-04-2008, 07:20 AM
i saw it i thought it was very indy like.