PDA

View Full Version : Misc Mah Hands Shake

Catnip
05-22-2008, 08:51 PM
First, I don't do drugs, smoke, or drink.

Here's the problem, I have very unsteady hands. When I'm holding something, it's even more noticable. Often times, when I'm holding something for someone, I get a comment about how bad I'm shaking. It's not from anxiety, although that will make it worse. What could cause this? It makes it kinda hard to aim a gun, weld, write nicely, etc.

Papa_Smurf
05-22-2008, 09:04 PM
lol if you have unsteady hands you shouldn't be playing w/ a gun.

nreggie454
05-22-2008, 09:04 PM
My girlfriend has the same problem. She went to a doctor about it and they gave her blood pressure medicine (her blood pressure was fine beforehand). She just takes a small dose when her hands are shaky and it seems to help.

Go to a doctor if it really is a problem.

Catnip
05-22-2008, 09:06 PM
lol if you have unsteady hands you shouldn't be playing w/ a gun.

lmao.
Just a pellet gun, shooting at a target. It's mainly welding at the moment. I was busting some beads out at school and it made it hard. Not to mention I'm going to school for metals in the fall.

I might get an appointment soon.

slostang
05-22-2008, 09:29 PM
I have the same problem.

SixSquared
05-23-2008, 12:58 AM
Go to the doc... it's always better to go and it be something little and easily fixed than not go and it turns into something serious.

I hurt my left hand playing rugby and didn't go to the doctor cause I didn't want to sit out games. A few months ago (about a year after the injury) I started getting shooting pains in my hand when I moved it a certain way, and I had been shaky since the injury happened. One of the bones in my hand popped out when I got hurt, and I just kinda kept popping it back in. The last time I popped it back in, it looks like it snagged the already-irritated nerve and basically pinched it in between the two bones, which was causing the shooting pain. The doc said he wanted to do surgery, but I said no, and so he popped the bone back out, which freed the nerve, basically massaged the nerve out of the way, and popped the bone back in.

Pain.

For.

YEARS.

It hurt SO bad. But now I am left with no more shooting pains.. but my hand shakes because the nerve is damaged. Had I gone to the doc earlier, they could have prevented some of the damage and I probably never would have developed the shake. It goes from barely shaking to really bad. I would definitely just bite the bullet and go to the doc.

khan351
05-23-2008, 04:51 PM
^^sucks to hear that man, but yea, better to go ahead and go to the doctor just to prevent anything serious down the road

Julio
05-23-2008, 05:29 PM
eat chocolate..

Catnip
05-23-2008, 09:18 PM
eat chocolate..

along with a 2 liter mountain dew?

SixSquared
05-23-2008, 09:27 PM
^^sucks to hear that chicka, but yea, better to go ahead and go to the doctor just to prevent anything serious down the road

Fixed ;)

khan351
05-24-2008, 10:05 AM
Fixed ;)
sorry:D

tony
05-24-2008, 12:35 PM
Do you drink Coffee? Take any medications?

quickdodgeŽ
05-24-2008, 07:41 PM
Lolol @ online doctors. Later, QD.

Catnip
05-24-2008, 10:52 PM
Do you drink Coffee? Take any medications?
No coffee, no medications...

ueyedgr8tness
05-25-2008, 07:24 AM
its from jerking off alot,I get it sometimes after jerking the rush leads thrue the day and my hands are very shaky but they say its all natural so oh well. depends on which hand u use 2, if u switch hands while jerking it will it want do it as bad.

tony
05-25-2008, 10:35 AM
Lolol @ online doctors. Later, QD.

lol Contrary to popular belief some moderators became that to help and not just close threads and ban people.

I get the shaky hands when my blood pressure is low, this usually happens since I tend to work out a lot or have something high in sugar in the morning. Your blood pressure tends to drop fast if you are not taking in a lot of carbs.

quickdodgeŽ
05-25-2008, 12:28 PM
lol Contrary to popular belief some moderators became that to help and not just close threads and ban people.

I know about moderators. But that doesn't give anyone a doctorate in anything. There could be at least a hundred different things that could cause this. And you can't just go by symptoms alone. There is the dude's medical history to consider and everything. I just think it's funny how everyone is all of a sudden trying to diagnose the problem without knowing anything. But to the contrary, I also think there's no reason for this to be posed on the board as for the same reason I gave above for diagnosing. Later, QD.

eViLMunkey
05-25-2008, 04:13 PM
How much Caffeine do you drink?