PDA

View Full Version : Gas Tank Almost Always Overfills

psycho_freke
05-22-2008, 08:40 AM
This is the strangest thing I've ever seen. When I'm filling my GSR, a lot of times the pump won't stop like it's supposed to and I'll start losing gas all over the ground from it overfilling. One time it even spewed out like a person who just drank something nasty and is spitting it out. I really don't think it's the pump, because it's happened to me numerous times at 2 or 3 different stations. Anyone have any ideas?

DieselNuts
05-22-2008, 08:43 AM
This happened to me once and the guy that worked there said that I didnt have the nozzle all the way in the tank. I find it hard to believe, but I wasted about 3 gallons of gas because I was in the car and on the phone when it happened....damnit...

psycho_freke
05-22-2008, 08:46 AM
This happened to me once and the guy that worked there said that I didnt have the nozzle all the way in the tank. I find it hard to believe, but I wasted about 3 gallons of gas because I was in the car and on the phone when it happened....damnit...

Yeah, I'm not so sure I buy into that one, since this is the only car I've ever had this problem with and I always put the nozzle all the way in the tank. There's got to be something more to it than that.

DieselNuts
05-22-2008, 08:53 AM
I think its a scam...but thats just me.

psycho_freke
05-22-2008, 09:24 AM
I think its a scam...but thats just me. If it's a scam, then flash foods, murphy USA, and quicktrip are all involved in the same scam and only target certain cars (since I've never had this same problem with any of my other 3 cars).

SoLJames95
05-22-2008, 09:42 AM

:lmfao: Fuel FTL... But to answer the thread, I dunno that ****s:screwy:

Motivation
05-22-2008, 10:22 AM
That's no good man. Gas is too expensive to be wasting... I would just try keeping a better eye on it to save your self some money.

jwrape
05-22-2008, 10:29 AM
My GSR does it too. I think it has something to do with the fill neck design. The pump can't detech when to shut off till it's too late. :thinking:

psycho_freke
05-22-2008, 10:58 AM
My GSR does it too. I think it has something to do with the fill neck design. The pump can't detech when to shut off till it's too late. :thinking:

Good to know I'm not alone

Z0_o6
05-22-2008, 07:30 PM
i would say i could help but i never filled it up!

20 bucks max went into that thing when i went to the gas station. :P

RWD164
05-22-2008, 08:42 PM
This coming from someone who has never owned a car with a working gas gauge, so I fill up every time I get gas. Sounds like you have a very open vent. Perhaps a vent hose came off adn this is keeping the fuel shut off from clicking.

MA

psycho_freke
05-24-2008, 12:24 PM
Any1 else with ideas?